5.0 out of 5 stars Drakkar Noir - French for "Sexy Time"
I've been wearing Drakkar since high school, and have received nothing but compliments from women when I have some on. Despite the fact that Drakkar is a popular brand, it's still underrated enough that you will stand out from the guys wearing CK1, Cool Water or Nautica.

Published on October 13, 2011 by Compay

3.0 out of 5 stars An old acquaintance revisited, 26 years later.
The zeitgeist fragrance of the eighties and early nineties, I stopped wearing Drakkar Noir near the end of the Reagan administration. By then, every legal-aged woman's olfactory senses had been carpet-bombed by this fragrance. It seemed as though almost every man from ages 15 to 50 was wearing Drakkar Noir.

Drakkar Noir was, and still is, a "powerhouse"...
Published 7 months ago by JG

5.0 out of 5 stars Drakkar Noir - French for "Sexy Time", October 13, 2011
Compay (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drakkar Noir By Guy Laroche For Men. Eau De Toilette Spray 6.7 Ounces (Health and Beauty)

I was recently chatting outside with my lovely (but involved) neighbor, when the wind picked up. She caught a faint whiff, smiled, and said "Mmmmmm, dangerous."

This stuff is like catnip for women, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars From a time when men didn't wax ..., March 7, 2013
As an unrefined, working class girl who isn't adverse to drinking boxed wine, never learned to walk gracefully in heels, would take a Ford over a BMW, prefers Egyptian musk scented oil to Chanel No5, and would choose hot wings over the most expertly prepared sushi, take my review with a grain of salt if you have expensive taste and actually care what other people consider fashionable: This scent is timeless and sexy. If you can erase from your mind the Ghosts of Guidos Past and their souped up Camaros, really bad techno music, freakishly rippling muscles, roid rages, gold chains, Z Cavaricci pants, and crunchy hair, then please resurrect this hypnotizing fragrance. You no longer have to be named Vito, Tony, Vinny, Paulie, or Joey to wear Drakkar. It works on Edward and Brian and James too. It's outdated and out of style and you'll probably be the butt of all jokes if you wear it around your friends, but I can almost guarantee that when you're alone with your special lady, you won't be sorry. It's an aphrodisiac ... clean, masculine, and just plain intoxicating. A little squirt of this manly ambrosia (LOL) on a strong, warm, slightly hairy chest and I can almost guarantee that MILF panties will be flying off. I won't let my man wear it unless I'm with him. I don't want to have to fight off an army of cackling Real Housewives of New Jersey wannabes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy Cologne, February 25, 2008
Mom of 3 "Susan" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I've always loved this manly scent - I fell in love with it about 18 years ago and it's still my favorite. I bought this cologne for my husband "just because" and wish he would wear it every day. It's the sexiest smelling cologne I ever came across!!

3.0 out of 5 stars An old acquaintance revisited, 26 years later., March 15, 2014
JG (Michigan) - See all my reviews

Drakkar Noir was, and still is, a "powerhouse" fragrance; having strong sillage and epic projection qualities. I imagine that some women back then probably still can't recall the faces of some the over-eager guys they dated, because they were squinting through the green, fuggy-haze of Drakkar Noir's pleasant, masculine aroma with bleary, watering eyes.

Emotional baggage notwithstanding, I bought a bottle. Delivery was prompt and right to my front door. First impressions: Yes. It still smells like I remembered, yet subtly different. D.N. is a green fougre that settles with spicy, woody notes. The aroma now, from what I remember, seems lighter, softer, sweeter, more inviting during dry-down; not as "in your face" raw (or more appropriately, "in her face") as the original formulation. The juniper is still there, which is what I think gives this fragrance its dated reputation. Like the Beatles, Drakkar Noir is so far out it's back in again; and it's still good. My wife likes the occasional whiff of Drakkar Noir; it makes her smile. I tell her it's the nostalgia. She says it's male menopause.

Whatever.

The fragrance still retains its' potent projection, sillage, and masculine aroma but D.N.'s formulation has mellowed through the years.

As fun as it is to take an occasional stroll down the boulevard of days long past, I won't wear Drakkar Noir again as a signature fragrance. I'll leave that to the next generation that's re-discovering this once ubiquitous, iconic, and most sold fragrance on the planet that defined a decade. By the way, Drakkar Noir is still very popular in Europe and is still an appealing fragrance to women...just like Aramis, which was introduced in the mid 1960's, and is still in production. The old is becoming new again.

To the new guys, here's some advice: Don't overdo it. In this day of asthma, allergies, chemical sensitivities, and the growing fragrance-free movement, use Drakkar Noir sparingly; no more than 2 sprays max! When it comes to applying any fragrance, less is more. You want your fragrance to allure and draw people close to you so they can enjoy your scent up close and personal; not from across the room. I recommend you try putting one-but no more than two-spray mists into the air and then step through it. Drakkar Noir still has powerful projection. Your objective is to impress people and be remembered as "that great smelling guy;" not as "that presumptuous jerk."

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit - Beware, August 9, 2012
R. LeDrew (Annville, United States) - See all my reviews
Giving the number of high ratings for this product I decided to take my chances. Unfortunately the product I received must not be genuine. The scent smells similar to Drakkar (which I have been wearing over a decade) but only lasts about 15 minutes - literally.

When the package arrived I scrutinized the packaging. I wanted to try to determine if it was counterfeit before I even sprayed it. The packaging was excellent, no distinguishable defects or red flags. Hopeful, I decided to use the cologne.

On my third day now, each day just as disappointing as the last. I even shook the bottle to make sure that no settling could have occurred (not that it should have, but I was out of options at this point).

I used three sprays each time, which is typically plenty to last for about 8 hours.

Will not be buying cologne from Amazon any more - too much money to be throwing away on a gamble!

For reference I purchased the 6.7oz bottle.

Update: The next day I sprayed eight (8!) sprays just to see what would happen. This was about an hour ago and the scent is all but unnoticeable. In retrospect, we shouldn't be so naive. 3.4oz costs $65 at Macy's - why should consumers expect to purchase twice this amount for $20 less? You get what you pay for.

Regardless, Amazon should cease hosting scam resellers.

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic that never grows old, January 20, 2009
Nicolas (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I get more compliments from the ladies when I wear this cologne than any other. Something about it that provokes a favorable response. It is a classic cologne (that I have worn off and on for over twenty years - which dates me I guess) that still holds up to any other designer scent!

5.0 out of 5 stars classic scent, guy laroche biggest for a reason, September 19, 2006
Wiseguy 945 (Cedar Rapids, IA) - See all my reviews
This is the scent that got guy laroche on the map. Drakkar is a nice spice sent, with some woodsyness, and a light musk. A usable everyday scent, but i do say don't use to much, because it can get strong. available here online and at many major department stores and even discount stores, especially at the holidays. If you like drakkar, check out the Drakkar Dynamic, my personal favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite for a reason..., August 10, 2012
Drakkar Noir may be old but it's fragrance is timeless. For those that don't like the new scents that smell like fruit bouquets, this may be what you're looking for. Personally, I feel that many of the newer fragrances are not very manly. The Drakkar fragrance is kind of like wood and spice, but not overpowering. Spray ahead of you and walk into the spray for the perfect application.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells amazing. Friends are jealous., October 14, 2007
I love this cologne. It smells amazing. All my friends wish they had it. All the girls want to smell me up. I love the smell of it. I bought this product online for an astoundingly low price compared to retail outlets. Unbelievable. If you have never had the pleasure of smelling this cologne and are a man, you will not be unhappy. My guarantee isn't worth anything...but I assure you it will be a hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Scent, January 15, 2014
The ONLY cologne for men that I recognize when I smell it. Of course, there's only one women's cologne that I recognize too. Obviously I'm not a discerning perfumer. But, as they say with art, I know what I like. I have always liked this scent.

Drakkar Noir By Guy Laroche For Men. Eau De Toilette Spray 6.7 Ounces
$60.36 $40.95
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.