Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2014 2:19:08 PM PST
TH says:
I teach an SAT Prep course for low income students and this has been an invaluable resource in the past. But the price since September has increased, inexplicably, from $11 to $18. Why? The edition hasn't changed, so if anything the material is less valuable than it was in the past.

Every dollar matters to my students, so I'm disappointed to see the College Board (or perhaps Amazon) jack up the price on this, which is so important to disadvantaged students hoping to equalize their opportunities to get into good schools.

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 11:12:12 AM PST
I believe that the college board offer a discount on the book if purchased before a specific date (Sometime in December). Afterwards with the PSAT score given to juniors in January, the demand increase and in response the price increases.
I could be wrong.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 1, 2014
Latest post:  Jan 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Official SAT Study Guide Second Edition
The Official SAT Study Guide Second Edition by CollegeBoard (Paperback - July 21, 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars (985)