Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Red|Change

on October 7, 2008
I bought one of these Dramm nozzles 3 or 4 years ago at a nursery. Recently it started leaking so I have to replace it, but I must say, it's a very good product overall. The various nozzle options produce a variety of useful sprays. The one for "soaker" puts out a nice, soft, aerated spray that's ideal for watering plants in pots without blasting the dirt around. The "jet" is a really strong blast that's good for cleaning things.

Last weekend I picked up a similar replacement nozzle made by Gilmour at Lowe's. It's a nice looking unit with the same settings as the Dramm, so I figured, why not? When I got it home and put it on the hose, I was shocked at how poorly its spray options compared to the Dramm. The "soaker" stream is much too vigorous (useless for watering potted plants), while the "jet" is wimpy compared to my old Dramm. The only setting on the Gilmour that's the least bit useful is "mist", so I'm returning it to the store and getting another Dramm from Amazon. I had figured if two products from different companies looked about the same and had the same features, they'd perform comparably. I figured wrong.
66 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2012
Though our Revolver sprayer did eventually break after several summers of lots of use, I give it 5 stars because of the lifetime guarantee. I emailed the company and their customer service is amazing. All I had to do was email a photo of our Revolver and they sent a replacement the same day.

The sprayer itself is a good one. It's a step up from the less expensive models in that it has better pressure and control. I recommend any product by Dramm simply because of their impressive customer support. More companies should stand by their products the way Dramm does.
on June 25, 2008
The interworkings of this sprayer are made of inexpensive plastic parts, whereas the outside is made of durable metal. Eventually, this sprayer will break because of the inner plastic parts. It will still work with limited usefullness but will suffer from leakage, diminished water flow or inablilty to turn off, etc. I purchased the nozzle about 4 years ago at a garden center, and have found all of the water spray patterns easy to use, and have enjoyed the bright yellow color (although it has faded over time). Be careful not to drop the nozzle, and protect it from the sun.
77 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2008
Every single one of these multi-spray pistol grip nozzles breaks within months of buying. The weakness is that there is one very lame washer that has to deal with all the pressure of the water. It doesn't last and water starts, not dripping, but gushing from the sides of the nozzle. I am looking for any tips on a nozzle that would last for at least a year. At $15-20 a pop these nozzles are one of my biggest garden equipment expenses. And I hate to think what the local landfill looks like with all these old nozzles in the heap. That makes this product unacceptable at any price in my mind.
66 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2009
We have gone through several products similar to this and always ended up with something that broke, leaked or otherwise didn't function very well. We purchased several of these and put them on hoses throughout the yard. All of them have been working great. We have found needs for all 9 spray patterns.
on June 29, 2013
I have a small farm and have five garden hoses going to five different areas around it. I LOVE these nozzles because they are solidly built- I'm pretty sure in the U.S. The different water patterns you can choose are great and I especially love the shower selection which I find perfect for watering veggies and flowers. Gentle enough for them, yet strong enough so you aren't standing there forever. I also love the flat selection for hosing down my water hog mats outside. It's powerful enough to move sand and dirt off the mats! Love it. Out of the five, I did have one that started to leak where it shouldn't, but the Dramm corporation in Wisconsin has excellent customer service and a great warranty! They replaced it with a brand new one after I sent the faulty one in and even sent a nice note along with it! I will always buy Dramm products because they are so well built and I am confident that IF anything goes wrong, they have GREAT customer service!
I'll admit it. I was a sucker for the cool display and for those wild colors. And the truth is I really didn't need another hose nozzle because there are plenty of them lying around the house. After looking at these nozzles for weeks I finally scratched the itch, using an Ace discount coupon as my excuse.

We've only been together a few weeks, my nozzle and I, but the honeymoon is far from over. I like the looks of the DRAMM, the feel, and the performance. All of the spray patterns work well, and so far there has been none of the inevitable leaking from this fancy nozzle. The DRAMM replaces a recently bought Nelson; I like the DRAMM more because of the additional spray patterns and the distance and spread achieved with the DRAMM.

Even Mrs. Spudman, who could only roll her eyes when I came home with yet another nose nozzle, is smitten with the DRAMM also. She even gave me an unsolicited endorsement of my new garden toy, an unusual occurence for her. In fact, we both like our boldly colored DRAMM so much, I see a new DRAMM for us in the near future for our other hose.

BUT - This beauty does have one flaw though. It can be tiresome to squeeze the handle for an extended period of time. This is why many nozzles have the little mechanism in the rear that keeps the handle from springing back to the closed position. On this nozzle the mechanism doesn't work smoothly and for this user is more trouble than it's worth. Thus four stars.
on March 7, 2009
This is a nice hose nozzle with a good selection of patterns including "soaker" which is great for water plants and trees. The only problem is it last for one year and then leaks, just like the other reviewer had mentioned
on July 5, 2012
I bought this in the berry. It is really solid and is holding up well with all of the watering I am doing during the drought we are currently in. Highly recommend.

Will update my review if there are issues.

Update and Ratings Change: 7/17/2012- After less than a month, this sprayer stopped working effectively. At first, I noticed less pressure coming out of the sprayer. I chalked it up to reduced pressure due to the drought in our area. Then, the sprayer started a slow leak from the bottom followed by a significant, shooting spray from the bottom. I rinsed it out and attempted to trouble-shoot but couldn't find anything I could do to correct the issue. I switched to another sprayer and had full pressure etc. It is a shame. This little sprayer seemed really well-made. Perhaps it is just the one I had.
on June 17, 2013
Dramm has a good reputation for these kinds of garden and hose products - with all of the benefits well documented in other reviews here on Amazon.

What doesn't get emphasized enough is that these plastic handles fail frequently. That's because the end that connects to the valve pin is always in bending every time you squeeze the handle. Bend (or stress) plastic enough times and it will break. If you're an engineer then you'll get this concept - but the takeaway for everyone is you should not purchase a nozzle like this that doesn't have a metal handle.