Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on September 29, 2009
I've been looking for ages for something fun for my garden.... and I needed a new hose or two as well. I decided to look on Amazon after not finding anything but the same old green things at Home Depot. When I came across these hoses I knew they would be perfect, and they are. They all arrived this weekend (I bought three: orange, red and the purple). The fittings are stainless streel and they are so easy to attch to my soaker hoses and also to the various nozzels that I use in my yard. No leaks, no kinks, so twisty hoses knocking over things when I walk to another place. I would highly recommend these hoses, for fun and function, YEAH! Well worth the price, and the smiles.

update: It's been several years since I bought my first Dramm hoses, and they are still holding up perfectly, although they have faded a bit after living outside in the sun. Today I am ordering three more to replace the oldest junky green ones from my pre-Drumm life. I can't wait to have all Dramm hoses in my yard now. I know it sounds kind of silly, but if you're a gardener like I am, having the perfect, reliable, beautiful hose is essential to blissful yard work.
11 comment61 of 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2012
I own two of these hoses - one purchased two years ago, and a second one received less than a week ago. Before that, I purchased one of Dramm's water wands, on the recommendation of the people who work at my local favorite plant nursery (a solid recommendation, since they are using the products every day, all day).

First, Dramm's products are all made in the U.S.A.

Second, these are quality products. The hoses are made of virgin rubber and are very heavy duty. The fittings on the ends are also extremely durable - made of nickel-plated machined brass. Quality components, quality construction. Even though I live in New Mexico, where everything takes a beating from the sun, the 2-year-old hose looks like the new one I just received.

Third, I've used Dramm's customer service twice, and it's superb - actually over the top, in terms of trying to satisfy their customers. The first time, I was having problems with the water wand; they mentioned that they had had an issue, they had addressed it in a more recent model, and they immediately sent me a replacement (which has been working perfectly for over 3 years). The second call was to purchase some gaskets for the wand (I'd lost one); they insisted on sending some replacement gaskets for free. I also contacted their technical folks once for help selecting a product, and got excellent and prompt advice.

We have a few U.S. companies that insist on manufacturing their products in the U.S., and that make quality products - "built to last." Dramm is one such company. Brilliant Product's ecofriendly hair dryers, Mag Instrument's Maglite flashlights and Feathered Friend's down products also come to mind. These companies are all committed to making extremely high quality products and making them in the U.S. I so hope that consumers appreciate a good thing when they see it.
22 comments34 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2009
Aside from the obvious asthetic advantage, this hose is made with premium metal couplings, it coils well and does not kink. Although the price is high, it is worth it for the quality. We purchased two different colors - yellow & blue. Both very vibrant and attractive.
0Comment32 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2010
This is the HOSE of HOSES - a strong, kink-free, durable hose that is beautiful as well - I got the blue and berry (purple) colors - the neighbors are jealous!It winds well and is easy to handle. My only complaint is it does not come in 100 foot lengths - Had to buy 2 hoses for the back yard.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2012
Let me start by saying there is no such thing as a kink free hose. They may claim to be, but they all eventually fail. I just threw out two kink free hoses that had a lifetime warranty. They were five years old. Who keeps warranty information on a garden hose? Evidently, not me.

I purchased another hose here on Amazom. It advertises that it is kink free. I have used it a few times and so far it has resisted kinking. To achieve this mighty goal, the hose is incredibly stiff and has a diameter of 3/8". This restricts water flow to the point where you can barely rinse the soap off your car. I have relegated it to flower bed watering duty only.

That is why I purchased this hose. I needed a 5/8" hose so I could actually wash my cars. I have to admit, the color played a major roll in my purchase. I like the fact that it is made in the USA. I like the fact that it gives me the water pressure I need and still adds color to a mundane garden item.

I am not going to leave the hose out on the hose reel. I am going to drain it and store it in the garage in between uses. I want to see if keeping it out of the elements will make it last longer.
on June 21, 2011
I had never used any products made by the Dramm Company so this was an experiment. So far, I have been very pleased with this Dramm garden hose and would recommend it to anyone. The fittings on both ends of the 50 ft. of hose are high-quality items and that's important because I don't want them to leak of fail altogether. The hose itself appears to be resistant to kinking which is also important when full flow is required. As I stated earlier, I would recommend this garden hose to anyone who is looking for superior construction from one end to the other!
on April 10, 2013
I use Dramm products in my workplace. I've never had a problem, and consider their products well-made. When I needed a couple of new hoses, I assumed they would be fine. I was lured by the pretty colors too, yea- I'm a chick. The hoses are lightweight and have nice metal ends. Unfortunately that is where the fun ends. The hoses kink like nothing I have ever seen. After two days use, one hose already has a permanent place where it will not straighten out. They kink continually, and they have been lightly used so far. If the use of the hose is to use in a straight line and never move them again, you are good to go. I have to stop thinking like a chick. Dramm could make the hose way cheaper, use unicorn stickers and glitter, and it would still be pretty much useless. I'm going back to the Flexigen brand-- forever.
11 comment13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2009
After 30 years of marriage, it is pretty difficult to choose a clever Father's Day gift for my husband, particularly because his birthday is the week after Father's Day, and he is very particular.

Suffice to say, when he mentioned we needed a new garden hose, I got online at Amazon.com and found this fabulous Dramm ColorStorm hose. He really likes the fact that it doesn't twist and crimp, and I think he secretly loves the color! I highly recommend this item!
on October 4, 2009
Unfortunately my experience with this hose is not the same as the other reviewers, so if I received a defective hose the quality control on these products is suspect.
The rubber is very soft which enables the hose to kink very easily and is difficult to coil after use. I also ordered a smaller Gilmour Platinum hose for my patio and it works perfectly.Dramm 17005 ColorStorm Premium Rubber Garden Hose 50-Foot by 5/8-Inch Diameter, Blue
on September 7, 2011
Love it.... Color yellow is great for making sure that it does not get run over by the lawn mower. This product also coils up well when storing. Try the 6 position sprinkler that goes with this hose. Great also....