Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Draw 50 Aliens: The Step-by-Step Way to Draw UFOs, Galaxy Ghouls, Milky Way Marauders, and Other Extraterrestrial Creatures
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 4, 2000
I bought this book for a younger friend who likes to drawstange creatures. I used to teach art to children and used a number ofthe Lee Ames books in my classes which were always a big hit. I noticed that not all children can follow the visual step-by-step instructions but those that did usually had a great time and good results. This books seems to be of the same quality as the other Lee Ames books I've purchased.
on February 3, 2000
Ric Estrada, who illustrated this book, has come up with some wonderfully imaginative characters that show the younger reader the basics of drawing a cartoon character. Mr. Estrada, a forty year veteran of comic books and animation, shows how the building blocks of solid design are formed from the simplest of shapes. Not only is this a great learning tool, but the names and commentary inside are quite entertaining as well. I highly recommend this book.
on January 14, 2003
I looked at the book Draw 50 Aliens. I thought it was a good book because it has easy steps for drawing the aliens and UFOs. I think kids in 4th and 5th grade who are good drawers would like this book I recommend this book to people who love to draw.
on March 24, 2001
This really helped my drawing talent. It taught me How to draw in a different way then i am used to. i rate this book five stars 'cause that is pretty much what it deserves.
on April 4, 2012
I bought this item for an 8 year old. The designs seemed a little advanced to follow. They are pretty detailed. I think it would be better for someone who already had experience using 'how to draw' books - not for a beginner. Other than that, its a cool little book. I like the different aliens. I wish the book was bound differently so the pages would stay open.
on March 1, 2013
i got this with another item for my nephews birthday, he said its pretty cool with different aliens to draw.
on April 24, 2013
The late Lee J. Ames was an accomplished artist, having worked on Fantasia and Pinocchio for the Walt Disney Studios and taught classes at the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan and Dowling College on Long Island. In his Draw 50 books, Ames presents step-by-step instructions for drawing various subjects, from beasts to aliens to magical creatures. Some of the Draw 50 volumes feature other artists with Ames, such as Draw 50 Aliens with Ric Estrada and Draw 50 Magical Creatures with Andy Mitchell.

The emphasis in these books is imitation, and Ames explains, "Mimicry is prerequisite for developing creativity. We learn the use of our tools by mimicry. Then we can use those tools for creativity." Each exercise progresses in six to eight steps until the drawing is complete, with the fine details being added in the final step. Some subjects are a bit more complicated, but none are too difficult that they cannot be mastered with patience and practice.

For those who enjoy drawing or believe they might like to learn to sketch these cartoon creatures, Ames' Draw 50 series is good place to start.