4.0 out of 5 stars Beginner at 6 years old
Published 12 months ago by OMG

3.0 out of 5 stars For my little drawer.
My 6 yr old son loves to draw, so I thought this would be perfect for him. However, he really likes to create his own thing, and not be given something to copy. This would be great for someone who wants to learn to draw and needs more direction.
Published 18 months ago by Jeri McShan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Beginner at 6 years old, December 19, 2013
This review is from: How to Draw Planes, Trains and Boats (Dover How to Draw) (Paperback)
For each vehicle you are given 4 steps. Each step conjoins 2 or more shapes to eventually build the complete drawing. Dashed lines indicate lines to be erased after another shape is placed over it. A practice page is adjacent to the instruction page. However, the practice page has the next project on the other side. I would suggest a drawing pad for practice and tracing paper for more challenging shapes. I plan on sitting down with my grandson to do the first drawing, explain the dashes and have him use the tracing paper for practice on the challenging projects. This is an easy book for children who spend most of their time drawing. I would have given it 5 stars if it had a practice page which could be removed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Beginners, January 14, 2009
My kids ages 6 & 4 are always pulling this book out. They love to draw and this book gives them help where needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars in depth drawing, October 25, 2013
My grandson liked these books, but being at a Kindergarten level, I think they were a little to advanced for him. I will save them for when he's a year older.

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for my grandson, May 20, 2013
Malsy "Happy owner" (New York metro area) - See all my reviews
He's 7 years old and he likes it a lot. I'm noticing more airplanes in his drawings. He got some good ideas from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Easily How To Draw, November 17, 2013
My organization is auctioning off a artists created Christmas Tree for a community Children's Mental Health benefit. There will be wrapped gifts for children underneath the tree art themed. We included this drawing book along with art supplies. When I received this book, I was able to read it and try some of the drawing tips. I am an artist and found that this book will be exciting and interesting for kids wanting to learn how to draw. The directions are clear and easy for a child to follow and learn from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased from Amazon - How to Draw, December 26, 2012
The first thing that my boy did was draw a plane. He did very well using the simple steps in the book. He loves art and this book will surely be helpful. I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars draw, December 6, 2012
This is a great product - quick service - kids loved it and I would definitely purchase this item again

3.0 out of 5 stars For my little drawer., June 23, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but not great, September 18, 2013
Jack D. Mangi (milwaukee wisconsin) - See all my reviews
Standard, how too drawing book. It's okay but a little too advanced for me. For someone who is not a beginning artist, it would be better

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 5, 2014
The Poet Mom (Memphis, TN United States) - See all my reviews
My boys enjoy using this book to draw.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

How to Draw Planes, Trains and Boats (Dover How to Draw)
How to Draw Planes, Trains and Boats (Dover How to Draw) by Barbara Soloff-Levy (Paperback - November 24, 2008)
$4.99