Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 19, 2013
For each vehicle you are given 4 steps. Each step conjoins 2 or more shapes to eventually build the complete drawing. Dashed lines indicate lines to be erased after another shape is placed over it. A practice page is adjacent to the instruction page. However, the practice page has the next project on the other side. I would suggest a drawing pad for practice and tracing paper for more challenging shapes. I plan on sitting down with my grandson to do the first drawing, explain the dashes and have him use the tracing paper for practice on the challenging projects. This is an easy book for children who spend most of their time drawing. I would have given it 5 stars if it had a practice page which could be removed.
on November 17, 2013
My organization is auctioning off a artists created Christmas Tree for a community Children's Mental Health benefit. There will be wrapped gifts for children underneath the tree art themed. We included this drawing book along with art supplies. When I received this book, I was able to read it and try some of the drawing tips. I am an artist and found that this book will be exciting and interesting for kids wanting to learn how to draw. The directions are clear and easy for a child to follow and learn from.
on April 29, 2016
I am so happy with the purchase and so is my eight year old son. I remembered having "How to Draw" books when I was a kid and I really enjoyed them so I thought I would buy some for my son. First we check the library (needle in a haystack and long wait list) and we went to Books A Million to try and pick some up right away. Ugh. What I didn't like about that experience was that first of all, the majority of the books were very girl focused (princesses, fairies, ponies, dolls) and though I support my son wanting to use any of those books- he simply didn't. Secondly, the books we did find we either very simple not realistic type picture instructions or on the other end of the scale that it was pre-teen/adult stuff. Lastly, the price was pretty steep per book. We left with one book and very disappointed. So I decide to come online and see what I could find since he did have the one book to tie him over. I did a lot of searching and the Barbara Soloff collection seemed right on the money for what I was after. The books came the other day (one a rainy day no less :-) !!) and my son spent over an hour drawing until his little hand was cramped. They are high quality and afordable with the perfect level with room to grow. So very happy. The selection of books is so wide it was hard to only buy 3! My son has already started combining pictures from each book. My fridge has never looked more beautiful and inspiring :-) .
on January 14, 2009
My kids ages 6 & 4 are always pulling this book out. They love to draw and this book gives them help where needed.
on January 27, 2015
My son likes to draw, but he is no artist. Rather, he is a doodler, who can teach himself to draw simple things. So when I saw this book, I thought it would be just right for him. And I was absolutely right, because Barbara Soloff Levy does an excellent job of simplifying how to draw vehicles, includes blank pages to practice next to the instructions, and gives lots of different types of vehicles to choose from. Highly recommended!
on November 4, 2015
I got this for my son and daughter so they could draw more realistic vehicles when making stories. The book makes it easy for my child to follow the progression of the drawing in able to get the end result. My kids have been happy with the book.
on March 3, 2015
I bought this for my four year old as a Christmas present and honestly neither my four or six year old could care less about it. I however found the instructions to very simple and imagine as they get older they will have more interest in the book. It has a durable spine and the pages are thick enough that I think it will last for years to come.
on January 6, 2014
Got this for my 7 year old son.... he loves this. He's learning a new plane, train or boat every day.... and just in a few days of using this book.... he's so much better of an artist. It shows you step by step how to draw planes, trains and boats. It's increasing his confidence & I will definitely buy more of these books in the future. Highly recommend this!
on January 2, 2014
I bought this for my 8-year old nephew who loves to draw but hasn't had any instruction. He is very happy with it as the book gives great instruction on how to draw each step, which can then be transferred to more detailed drawings, limited only by imagination.
on October 25, 2013
My grandson liked these books, but being at a Kindergarten level, I think they were a little to advanced for him. I will save them for when he's a year older.