From the Inside Flap
The highly successful "Loose with Graphics" coursenow available in book form for the first time! Mike Lin, ASLA Drawing and Designing with Confidence A Step-By-Step Guide Now, at a fraction of the cost of attending one of Mike Lins enormously popular graphic workshops, you can learn his uniquely successful drawing and designing techniques. In a short time, you will find your rendering and designing skills greatly improved, as you work quickly, confidently and effectively using Lins well-known "45 Principles of Good Graphics" and "Six Design Approaches." The book covers all aspects of design, graphic principles, media, types of drawings, lettering, entourage, sketching and perspective drawing techniques, and contains a wealth of rapidly absorbed information on:
- achieving a relaxed approach to drawing that uncovers your buried artistic skills
- the 45 fundamentals of good graphics, with common mistakes to avoid
- using 47 rendering techniques and types to their full advantage
- developing skills in pencil and marker lettering
- enhancing entourage techniques in people, vegetation, cars and furniture to create interest and realism
- quick and simple methods in one and two-point perspective drawing
- foolproof sketching methods
- a comprehensive design process with six design approaches and 23 design principles.
Lavishly illustrated with nearly 400 color illustrations
including extraordinary before and after student examples
printed in a high-quality, oversized format
and incorporating hundreds of timesaving tricks of the trade, this book holds the keys to developing outstanding drawing and design skills. It is the most detailed and comprehensive book on the topic available today, written by a professional whose acclaimed teaching methods are in demand throughout the world. Architects, landscape architects, interior designers, graphic artists, and illustrators will find that they are working at a much greater level of expertise with the tools and techniques found here. Join the thousands of your colleagues who have already incorporated them into their successful practices!
About the Author
About the Author Mike W. Lin, ASLA, is a recognized leader in architectural rendering methodology. He is the founder and director of the Mike Lin Graphic Workshop in Manhattan, Kansas, which has travelled to more than one hundred universities and many cities around the world under the sponsorship of many universities, and the AIA, ASLA, ASID, ALCA and other professional organizations. Mr. Lin holds both architecture and landscape architecture degrees and was formerly a professor at Kansas State University. He is the author of the bestselling Architectural Rendering Techniques: A Color Reference.