Don't let the prior reviewer screw with your head. The book is exactly what it says it is: famous quotes paired with pictures you've already seen of Olivia. Is it groundbreaking? No. Is it a cute trifle to give to somebody as an inspirational bit? Sure. That's all it's supposed to be for.
Published on April 30, 2006 by J. Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book but not for my 2 year old
Published on April 8, 2010 by H. Gray

4.0 out of 5 stars Because you didn't know what you were buying, it's a low rating? Nice., April 30, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!!, January 21, 2007
This review is from: Dream Big (Olivia) (Hardcover)
My daughter recieved this book as a high school graduation gift. She loved it, I loved, we all loved it....so much that we have given copies of the book for graduation gifts. Not a story...simply an inspirational book with quotes from famous people that build character and challenge readers to follow their dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Teacher Gift, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Dream Big (Olivia) (Hardcover)
This was such a wonderfully inspiring little book that I bought for all of my son's teachers. I am a teacher myself, and bought one for my co-workers, as well. Some are using the book in classrooms for writing prompts and other activities!

5.0 out of 5 stars Familiar Images of Olivia with Inspirational Aphorisms, December 3, 2007
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dream Big (Olivia) (Hardcover)
When my children were young, I looked in vain for children's books that contained inspirational aphorisms. I wanted to find such books because brief quotes by important historical figures had always played a big role in my life.

I was thrilled to find that Ian Falconer had taken some of his prior drawings of Olivia and selected appropriate inspirational quotes around the theme of "Dream Big." Naturally, there's irony here . . . beginning with the fact that the book is in a very small format, like that of gift books.

Although the book's page size is small, there are thirty quotes and matching images. I thought that the illustrations and quotes were well matched . . . often providing adult humor as well as kiddy laughs. In fact, you'll probably find yourself having an opportunity to explain a few of these quote and illustration combinations (a great chance for bonding with a child) such as "You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note" with a Olivia singing by herself and "Dreams say what they mean, but they don't say it in daytime language" with Olivia dreaming of singing on stage in a red gown. Some of the illustrations also make for good fun, being puns on the quote.

Please realize that there is no story to connect the quotes . . . this book is inspirational rather than story-telling.

Dream Big with Olivia!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream Big - An Olivia Book, January 4, 2007
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Dream Big (Olivia) (Hardcover)
I recognized a lot of the authors and famous people. The sentences that they said were very inspiring. I love my book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book but not for my 2 year old, April 8, 2010
This review is from: Dream Big (Olivia) (Hardcover)
So I got fooled (perhaps a harsh word) into buying this book as part of one of Amazon's bundles...with Missing Toy & Olivia Saves the Circus. I failed to read the detail on what the book is. It is a book of inspirational quotes. While not doubt the quotes are great (I've now added one to my facebook profile) this isn't a book for my 2 year old Olivia obsessed daughter. I may put it away and give it to her when she turns 18 or graduates from high school like another reviewer states. Also, something to note, none of the pictures of Olivia are new...if you've read all the other books you've seen these.
In short...great book...but not a children's book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 16, 2007
Elizabeth "Ebonco" (Inside the Beltway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dream Big (Olivia) (Hardcover)
What a wonderful treat to give a child. Great sayings. Fun illustrations. Short so it makes reading it to a young child ok; interesting enough for an older child to read herself. I would give this again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and simple gift book, September 24, 2007
This review is from: Dream Big (Olivia) (Hardcover)
My daughter has followed all of the Olivia books, so I purchased this a preschool "graduation gift." It is NOT a story however, so you must know that before purchasing; it is a book of inspiring quotes enahanced by Olivia illustrations. The message is similar to Dr. Seuss's "Oh, The Places You Will Go!" It was perfect for my daughter--something she can keep on her shelf until she graduates again--from high school, long after she has stopped reading the Olivia storybooks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan - wasn't really an Olivia story, April 3, 2011
This review is from: Dream Big (Olivia) (Hardcover)
I was actually looking to buy Olivia stories and did not realize this was just a book of quotations with pictures from the Olivia books. So needless to say I was disappointed, perhaps because of my own failure to read more closely about this book before I got it. I suppose if you are a quotation person you might like this book. ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Less is More... way more, September 1, 2007
R. Kuny (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dream Big (Olivia) (Hardcover)
Simply splendid! In these days when over stimulation seems the norm, it is fresh to witness what can be done with simply colors and no extra detail. Not one line, shading or colour that isn't essential to the story is used. Olivia is, as always, her most expressive and delightful self. Worth the price at twice!

Dream Big (Olivia)
Dream Big (Olivia) by Ian Falconer (Hardcover - April 1, 2006)
Used & New from: $1.16