Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Dream to Call My Own (The Brides of Gallatin County, Book 3)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon December 10, 2009
The final book of the Brides of Gallatin brings an end to the series of these three sisters. It's finally time to tell Lacy's tale and see the struggles she's felt since the day her father died. She's been handling everything alone and keeping it from her sisters. Honestly I just really could not get into this story. I enjoyed it for an easy afternoon read but I didn't really moved or inspired by it. There were times when I got frustrated with the characters and their actions. I have never been a fan of Cubby since the first book and this book only solidifies my reasons. Even though Lacy is very able to take care of herself, she's very stubborn and extremely strong willed. I'm not saying that she needed a man to look out for her, but being on her own is not the best for her as she does not make smart decisions. I really didn't feel chemistry between her and Dave. It's too much of the "oh I shouldn't have done that" after a kiss type of deal which I loathe. Also the historical aspect of the book is downplayed. The story just takes places back in the day, any historical events are not really a factor in the book.

To be honest, I really did not think this was Tracie's best series. The characters didn't really stick with me and I never really felt like I could get into the story. There's a lot of stereotypes of women and the West in general that take place in this book. Also the storyline seemed very predictable and sometimes a bit too unbelievable. I felt like I knew what was going to happen as soon as I started reading. That being said though, I did enjoy this book because I always enjoy Tracie's books. Even with its faults, it still makes for comfort reading because I know I'm going to be in for a good story. The novel might have had its faults but it does make for a good read. I just hope that future books will be a bit more enlightening!
on April 16, 2015
I really enjoyed this 3rd book in the series much more than book 2. I felt like I was right there in Montana
with the characters. This book is safe for anyone no sexual content which I greatly appreciate. This is a talented author.
on March 15, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed all three books in The Brides of Gallatin County series. Reading books with Christian principles and scripture all the way through them is a true joy to me. I highly recommend this book and the other two books in the series to anyone wanting a clean, refreshing read.
on November 24, 2014
I liked the character Lacy portrayed though she had to learn. Through experience who she really was. Not a failure,but a warm hearted smart girl who really did not understand the term: falling in love. With great sisters and good friends Lacy and Dave came together after his perseverance and devotion to the girl in his heart. Their bumpy and often misunderstood friendship turned both of them to each other finally.
VINE VOICEon June 6, 2009
"A Dream to Call My Own" is the 3rd and final book in the Brides of Gallatin County series by Tracie Peterson.

Lacy Gallatin seems unsettled since both her sisters have married with families of their own. She runs off one day to the Shephard ranch, only to be caught by Dave Shephard, who came to get his mother since Gwen was in labor. Lacy and Dave seem to bicker all the time, but there is an attraction between the two, and slowly Lacy begins to realize her feelings for Dave. Meanwhile, Rafe and his friends have set up a plan to turn the town into a gambling city. The town is no longer the same, safe haven that the Gallatin sisters once knew. And when Dave Shephard is given information that could imprison several men, little does he know the trouble that awaits him...

The plot of this book is kinda hard to summarize. Unlike the other two which focused primarily on Gwen and Beth, "A Dream to Call My Own" seemed to not only focus on Lacy but all the characters in the book. It seemed that Tracie Peterson wanted to wrap up the story nicely. And I must say she did. I liked reading about Cubby and Rafe's backstory. It was interesting to read why he was motherless. Part of the book seemed to focus on Justin and his emotions towards his new sibling. And I'm glad to see that Lacy's obsession with finding her father's killer was finally resolved. I had suspicions of who it might of been, but when the truth was revealed it was still somewhat shocking. The character of Adam confused me though. It felt he was just thrown into the story. But he was a nice addition.

Overall, a fun read. I read the entire book in 6 hours so it was enjoyable, none the less. This was my favorite book of the series since Lacy was my favorite chracter. Tracie Peterson does have better series out there, but this one is still worth the read. Looking forward to her new series that comes out later this year!
on August 15, 2014
I had read the first 2 books in this series and had to have the 3rd one to see how things in the story line were resolved. I very much enjoyed the whole series. I find Tracie Peterson's novels to be very entertaining.
on February 17, 2012
Finishing the last book of this series "A Dream to Call My Own" by Tracie Peterson, I have truly enjoyed reading the novel. Coming to the last novel in the series, Lacy Gallatin is a determined woman in search of her father's killer, though she is constantly battling a desire for something more than just revenge on the killer. Deputy Dave Shepard is a young sheriff for Gallatin Crossing in Montana. He is trying to help Lacy to find her father's killer, but when it comes to Lacy if feels it is not enough in what he is doing.

Through the story Lacy and Dave's relationship grows in very unique way. There is usually some sort of tension between them. Soon Dave proposes to Lacy in marrying him, but after she said "yes", Lacy is starting to have some doubt or more like fears are coming into her mind. As time goes on, she keeps on holding off the wedding date because she feels she won't be able to go on life without finding her father's killer and so many questions pop into her mind that keeps her in fear with lots of confusion about her feelings for Dave. See how Dave tries to help her through facing her fear, and how God shows Lacy through His word that there is nothing to fear because God is always with her. Great adventure and suspense happens throughout the whole entire story. Have to read it to find out what happens!
on July 15, 2012
I read the 2nd book in the series before this one, and so I was disappointed it differed so much since I really liked the 2nd one. That being said, it was still a good read, just very predictable and a bit hard to get into since the same plot seemed to drag on and on. Lacy spends the whole book trying to decide if she loves Dave or not, and yet they kiss with a lot of passion several times, it just didn't seem realistic to me. The whole love story was just disappointing. The historical elements that I love so much in Tracie's books were very much down-played. The drama from Rafe and Jefferson was also a bit over the top, especially the ending. Way too much external action for my liking - I would have preferred more internal development in that regard.
on July 12, 2009
Lacy Gallatin is extremely headstrong, independent, stubborn, and will be forever single if she doesn't change her ways. Lacy is constantly butting heads with the deputy in town ~ especially because she feels he hasn't done enough to investigate the death of her father.

Ignoring the pleas from her sisters to let it go, Lacy continues to pursue vengeance for her father's death. Yet Dave Shepard, the deputy, is always in her way. Despite her irritation with him, there is something deeper stirring within her...but will she realize what is really important before it's too late, or forever be searching alone for justice for her father?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Dream to Call My Own is the final book in the Brides of Gallatin County series and a great wrap-up of the story of the three Gallatin sisters. If you've read any of Tracie Peterson's books in the past, this series will not disappoint you. I actually borrowed the books from the library ~ because reading the last book all by itself just seems to be wrong! {grins} Peterson sets this series in Montana while the railroads were being built, saloons were in full swing, and the West was still a little wild.

Having read the first two books and knowing the issues Lacy continues to struggle with {unforgiveness, vengeance, etc...} and seeing the resolution in her heart over the course of the books is wonderful. Peterson delves into the topics of completely trusting God and complete forgiveness, offering Biblical insight in those areas through the characters of her book.
VINE VOICEon August 7, 2009
A Dream to Call My Own is the third book in the Brides of Gallatin County series by Tracie Peterson. I have not had the pleasure of reading the first two books in this series, but I wish I had because this book was absolutely delightful.

In A Dream to Call My Own, Lacy Gallatin, the youngest sister is still trying to find the person responsible for her father's death. Deputy David Shepard has been trying to help Lacy find the killer and in the process, they are falling in love. Lacy fears failing as a wife and is hesitant to marry Dave, but when danger comes to Gallatin county, her resolve and her love is put to the test.

There were so many things to like about A Dream to Call My Own. I loved all the Gallatin sisters and their families. They were a close family and always there to help each other. Life in Montana in the 1880's was difficult and this family always pulled together even when their lives were in danger. This family always stayed strong in their faith and that faith was very evident in this book.

This book was not only a great story with wonderful characters, it was also a strong testament to God's love and the power of prayer. If you like historical fiction, you are sure to like this book. Even though I have not read the first two books in the Brides of Gallatin County series, I did not have any problem following along. Tracie Peterson did a superb job catching the reader up on what happened in the previous two books. A Dream to Call My Own is highly recommended.