5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT STORY
I HAD THE OTHER TWO BOOKS AND WAS GLAD I WAS ABLE TO FIND THE 3RD ONE. WITHIN THIS ONE WOULD HAVE WONDERED ABOUT THE END OF THE SISTERS STORIES.
Published 1 month ago by MARY F

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Author's Best
Published on December 10, 2009 by Deborah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Author's Best, December 10, 2009
This review is from: A Dream to Call My Own (The Brides of Gallatin County, Book 3) (Paperback)
The final book of the Brides of Gallatin brings an end to the series of these three sisters. It's finally time to tell Lacy's tale and see the struggles she's felt since the day her father died. She's been handling everything alone and keeping it from her sisters. Honestly I just really could not get into this story. I enjoyed it for an easy afternoon read but I didn't really moved or inspired by it. There were times when I got frustrated with the characters and their actions. I have never been a fan of Cubby since the first book and this book only solidifies my reasons. Even though Lacy is very able to take care of herself, she's very stubborn and extremely strong willed. I'm not saying that she needed a man to look out for her, but being on her own is not the best for her as she does not make smart decisions. I really didn't feel chemistry between her and Dave. It's too much of the "oh I shouldn't have done that" after a kiss type of deal which I loathe. Also the historical aspect of the book is downplayed. The story just takes places back in the day, any historical events are not really a factor in the book.

To be honest, I really did not think this was Tracie's best series. The characters didn't really stick with me and I never really felt like I could get into the story. There's a lot of stereotypes of women and the West in general that take place in this book. Also the storyline seemed very predictable and sometimes a bit too unbelievable. I felt like I knew what was going to happen as soon as I started reading. That being said though, I did enjoy this book because I always enjoy Tracie's books. Even with its faults, it still makes for comfort reading because I know I'm going to be in for a good story. The novel might have had its faults but it does make for a good read. I just hope that future books will be a bit more enlightening!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT STORY, June 9, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed it, April 23, 2014
Another wonderful book from Tracie Peterson! This was a great finish to the series and she doesn't leave the reader wondering what happened to the characters

5.0 out of 5 stars good continuing story of the sisters., March 12, 2014
Well written, suspenseful to the end. A believable story about how Montana was settled in the 1800's. Would make s good western movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read., March 5, 2014
I love the characters & their closeness to each other. I love when a series has the same characters through all the books in that series.

5.0 out of 5 stars very enjoyable, January 9, 2014
Couldn't put it down!! Was happy to see how the Gallatin sisters ended up. Just discovered Tracie Peterson with this series and I'm looking forward to more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great novel, June 23, 2013
A great Christian romance novel set in a much simpler time. It is quite evident the author did her research.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dream to Call My Own, February 3, 2013
James L. York (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
Another wonderful Tracie Peterson book. One that you can't wait to get to read. Have loaned it to lots of friends and they all want more of Tracie Peterson.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, not the author's best, July 15, 2012
I read the 2nd book in the series before this one, and so I was disappointed it differed so much since I really liked the 2nd one. That being said, it was still a good read, just very predictable and a bit hard to get into since the same plot seemed to drag on and on. Lacy spends the whole book trying to decide if she loves Dave or not, and yet they kiss with a lot of passion several times, it just didn't seem realistic to me. The whole love story was just disappointing. The historical elements that I love so much in Tracie's books were very much down-played. The drama from Rafe and Jefferson was also a bit over the top, especially the ending. Way too much external action for my liking - I would have preferred more internal development in that regard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cast Out Your Fears, February 17, 2012
Finishing the last book of this series "A Dream to Call My Own" by Tracie Peterson, I have truly enjoyed reading the novel. Coming to the last novel in the series, Lacy Gallatin is a determined woman in search of her father's killer, though she is constantly battling a desire for something more than just revenge on the killer. Deputy Dave Shepard is a young sheriff for Gallatin Crossing in Montana. He is trying to help Lacy to find her father's killer, but when it comes to Lacy if feels it is not enough in what he is doing.

Through the story Lacy and Dave's relationship grows in very unique way. There is usually some sort of tension between them. Soon Dave proposes to Lacy in marrying him, but after she said "yes", Lacy is starting to have some doubt or more like fears are coming into her mind. As time goes on, she keeps on holding off the wedding date because she feels she won't be able to go on life without finding her father's killer and so many questions pop into her mind that keeps her in fear with lots of confusion about her feelings for Dave. See how Dave tries to help her through facing her fear, and how God shows Lacy through His word that there is nothing to fear because God is always with her. Great adventure and suspense happens throughout the whole entire story. Have to read it to find out what happens!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

A Dream to Call My Own (The Brides of Gallatin County, Book 3)
A Dream to Call My Own (The Brides of Gallatin County, Book 3) by Tracie Peterson (Paperback - June 1, 2009)
Used & New from: $0.01