Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on January 19, 2012
I really liked this short novella. It's a love story with a paranormal twist. The plot was good .. once I started I didn't put it down until I finished. Despite being short, the characters were fairly well developed. Since it is a novella, the love between the two main characters developed rather quickly but it didn't seem forced. The author makes it seem very natural. There was not a lot of action, mostly focusing on the relationship between Breena and Ciaran. It ends abruptly which did seem a little off but if you don't mind a cliffhanger than this shouldn't bother you. Overall, it was an enjoyable read and I will read the next in the series.

______________________________________________________
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
on November 3, 2012
Self-publishing has done great things for a lot of people, and the vast majority of the books that I review on this site are self-publishing. You hear a lot of stories online about how books that are self-pubbed are in need of editing, and this is so the case for Dream Catcher. This book has an interesting premise, and could have been a very good book, but in it's currently form, it is more of a draft than a novel.

The characters are interesting, and the love story going on Breena and Ciaran could be compelling, but there was lot left undeveloped or worked out. I think part of the reason this is is because the story has a tendency to jump around a bit too much. It leaves the reader with a sense of disjointedness. Another issue with the character development is that the POV doesn't really give much insight into what the characters are thinking/feeling as the story goes on. I think if you the reader had more insight into the characters the story would work a lot better.

Overall, I think this is a good premise, and the beginnings of what could be a good story, but the execution needs work. This story feels like a first draft, and the reader will definitely be able to pick up on it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2012
Wow! I really liked this novella! The story begins with Breena waking up with no idea of who she is, where she's from, or how she got there-she only knows that her first name is Breena. Lucky for her, moments after she walks up, Ciaran walks by and is willing to give her a place to stay and help her try to figure out her origins. And...That's all I'm telling, because I hate spoilers but it's really good!
For a short story this has a very well-developed plot, it doesn't feel rushed. I normally hate changing POVs, but in this story I loved it! There is an awesome paranormal element. The ending left me wanting more!! I would have loved Dream Catcher as a full-length novel, I was bummed to see it end.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse