5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great little bed

3.0 out of 5 stars broken underrails
Published on June 18, 2010 by Ricardo Mercado

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great little bed, September 27, 2008
GameFiend (A few light years away) - See all my reviews
This bed is great for the price, and the quality of the pieces. Assembly is easy, and the pieces fit better than any piece of pre fab furniture I've ever assembled. The mattress from your crib fits on the bed, so you don't have to get a new one. The height is perfect for little ones, they can get in themselves very easy. The side rails could be a little bit longer, they don't really keep the kid in bed that well, but overall it is a really good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dream on Me Toddler Bed - Espresso, June 17, 2011
Amazon Customer (TN United States) - See all my reviews
After reading the reviews I kind of thought that some of the people who had trouble with assembly were just a little slow on reading directions. Having assembled a LOT of furniture myself, I would consider myself a pro at furniture assembly. About an hour in the assembly process I would have said that every one was crazy but one single screw cost me about 45 minutes. I also had the entire bed assembled only to find that I'd put two of the bottom support rails in upside down and would have to take the entire bed apart (none of the parts are labeled and like other people have said, it's hard to determine which piece is which in a few instances). I'd say that the misunderstanding was more my fault than anything else but if things were labeled properly, it wouldn't have been a problem. My only disappointment with the bed is that it is not the same color espresso as my other bedroom furniture (crib, night stand, and a cube system that all match). The wood is a little lighter than espresso but not quite a cherry. I sure wish the manufacturer would have taken a little more time in assembly to make it easier for the consumer. Installing each of the slats individually in the head-board and foot-board was a little ridiculous and time consuming.

I'd have to agree with several other reviewers though, the wooden slats that support the mattress don't seem all that sturdy. My 2.5 year old hasn't slept on it yet so I may have to come back and edit this review later but for now it seems fine. I'm just worried about when I catch him jumping on his bed.

I'm happy with the bed though when all is said and done and I'm sure my son will be happy as well.

Some dimensions I was interested in but couldn't find anywhere: It's about 5 inches from the base of the bed to the floor (in case you wanted under the bed storage but didn't want to spend the extra money on the same bed with a drawer that is also offered) and the bed itself is almost 29.5 inches wide (I was looking at toy bins to go at the base).

edit: We've almost had the bed a month and I'd say that I have no complaints about the bed. I have caught my son jumping on the bed a few times but I usually stop him pretty quickly. The wooden slats that hold up the mattress seem to be holding up just fine. It's a sturdy little bed that is easy/light enough to move around to clean under. I've gotten several compliments on the bed from friends and family (one of which is looking into buying it for their child).

3.0 out of 5 stars broken underrails, June 18, 2010
i got this bed for my 16 month old daughter to transition her from her crib. it was pretty easy to put together and seemed sturdy. i had this product for about a month when one night i went to go lay my daughter in bed and when i leaned my elbows on it to read her a story one of the small boards underneath that support it snapped. now im not overwieght or obese, so i was pretty confused at how easily it broke. i love the design of the bed but its support beams are not of the greatest material and im afriad this bed will not last long at all. i really suggest that if you decide to get it that you find a way to support the mattress better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, way too many pieces, dont' waste your money., November 28, 2012
I purchased this bed for my 2 year old after reading many good reviews. Perhaps they have changed the product since some of these reviews were written. Here are my complaints:

1) They do not have the headboard and foot board pre-assembled; i.e. every litle slat piece of wood you see will have to be put together by you. There are about 8 little wood pieces for the headboard and 8 for the footboard. They give you little pieces of foam (like foam peanuts) that are placed in the wood spaces and you then have to push the slats into place. Many of the slats do not fit easily into the wood and once you have one side attached good luck trying to get the other side to align.

2) The finish on the wood is terrible. Some of the small slats came in the box bundled together. When I separated the slats from one another, the finish came off of some of the pieces and left ugly bare spots.

3) The final straw for me was that I tried to remove one of the pieces because it was so difficult to assemble and had decided to send it back. Well, the slats are not only difficult to push together, they are also difficult to pull apart. When I was pulling them apart the wooden dowels broke in half and I was not able to extract it from the pre-drilled hole.

I sent this back to Amazon.com and was glad to be rid of it. I did find an alternative that worked great. It was the Delta Canton Toddler's bed. I believe it was about $20 more but definitely worth the money. The headboard and footboard are mostly pre-assembled and the bed's finish was far superior.

Don't waste your money and energy on this bed. Find a better one. I wish I had the first time!!

3.0 out of 5 stars More Assembly Required, December 9, 2010
S&H Schafer (Puget Sound, WA) - See all my reviews
I bought this bed 5 months ago for my now 18 month old. We wanted to transition her from her crib when we moved and she got her own room. I looked at dozens of beds, and after a lot of comparison settled on this one based on reviews and looks. I am, unfortunately, hugely disappointed in the assembly. Hopefully my experience is just one weird fluke out of dozens of perfect assemblies!

PROS
1. The bed is seriously cute. It looks GREAT in my daughter's room, and I LOVE the classic styling. Beautiful. And she loves it, which of course is VERY important.
2. Once put together, it feels sturdy.
3. The paint is nice, not thin, and doesn't look cheap.
4. Ordinarily I can see it would be easy to assemble (see #2 below).

CONS
1. The box was delivered with a palm-sized hole in the side that had been taped up. When I opened the box I found there was a deep gouge in the foot board. Under the circumstances I decided not to return it since the marks were on the inside of the foot board and wouldn't be that visible, and honestly I didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning and ordering a new one.
2. All the holes were not pre-drilled in the sides to allow the boards that hold the mattress to fit into the side rails. I had to bust out the drill to finish putting the bed together. And since not all the pre-drilled parts fit together anyway, occasionally a board or two falls out from under the mattress onto the floor. Luckily I put it together so that this problem occurs at the foot of the bed.

So, I have a love-hate relationship with this bed. It looks great and feels (mostly) sturdy, but every time a board slips out and I feel like grabbing the duct tape, I get frustrated. Sigh.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a sturdy product., June 26, 2011
I have had this bed for my toddler for approximately one year. Most of the bottom wood supports have broken or fallen out. The bed is not sturdy and regularly needs the screws tightened. I switched to a regular single be recently because this bed frame became so unsturdy it is unsafe. I would NOT recommend this product whatsoever. It was a horrible product to put together too.

1.0 out of 5 stars SOLID? Oh no!, February 13, 2010
P@BL() "MenesesInc" (Norfolk, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dream On Me Classic Sleigh Toddler Bed (Baby Product)
The word SOLID cannot be associated with Dream On Me. I purchase this toddler bed from Baby's R uS and hated it from day one. I tried to like but as I was putting it together it just felt flimsy and later I would find out how dangerous it would become. I almost cracked a rib kissing my little one good night on his first night transitioning from the crib to this bed as the footboard snapped off and the remaining jagged edge meeting my rib cage. A very traumatizing event for my sons first night on his new bed. Till this day, he keeps reminding us of "daddy's booboo" because after many tries to get the foot board replaced, the pieces just don't align at all. Thus we still have that jagged edge (TRUE STORY). UPDATE: 8 months later the side rail has cracked. Going to try the P'kolino Toddler Bed which it states can support up to 300LBS but even if it doesn't it has really great review on AMAZON with regards to its SOLIDNESS.

UPDATE 01.30.2012:
My son is now almost 5 year old and his P'kolino Toddler Bed and Chair, White is still SOLID as a rock. Within this time we had another boy and when it was time to purchase his new big boy bed, he's 3 years old now, we went back to the folks that get it right the first time and purchased another P'kolino Toddler Bed and Chair, White. Also, for you moms and dads that what to lay down with your babies when they are having a rough night, you can feel confident and safe knowing that this bed will hold you up. I took a picture that I'll have to post of me @275 LBS, my oldest son @52 LBS and my youngest @41 LBS all laying/sitting on the P'kolino Toddler Bed and Chair, White. Try that on Dream On Me, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy!, March 25, 2009
This review is from: Dream On Me Classic Sleigh Toddler Bed (Baby Product)
I did a lot of research when shopping for a toddler bed for my 2 1/2 year old daughter. I loved that this one was pink and wood (not plastic!). My bed arrived with a damaged box and the wood was scuffed. I was going to call Amazon and when I was on the site, I saw that I could print out a return label and a new one was shipped to me within 5 minutes of requesting an exchange! They even covered the cost of returning the original order! I could not have been happier and this was all done without even picking up the phone. My new bed not only arrived in a timely fashion, but on a Saturday! It was easy to put together and my daughter loves her new "big girl" bed! Don't hesitate to purchase, it is adorable and priced right!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Grand Daughter Loved it!, May 23, 2008
My grand daughter loved this bed. She called it, "Her big girl bed." My husband and I got it as a gift for her third birthday.
Also the bed came fast after ordering just in time for her birthday party. I give Target A+ on shipping!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice and well made, July 12, 2010
We bought this bed for our 3 year old, he loves it. Assembly was easy. Took us (2 people) about 45 minutes or so to assemble it. We would definitely recommend this bed.

Dream On Me Classic Sleigh Toddler Bed