Industrial-Sized Deals BOTMKT15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Night Beds The Next Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

I work midnights and just can't fall asleep if the room I'm in isn't dark. I've bought so many sleep mask but none of them were quite right. Either the material didn't block out the light or they didn't fit close enough and stay in place well enough to keep the light out. Until now, I'm thankful to say. The Sweet Dreams Sleep Mask fits perfectly without being confining. It's comfortable, light weight and cool and it's even contoured so that you can open your eyes unabstructed which allows for better REM sleep I'm told. I love it and I'd recommend it to anyone.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 14, 2011
I tried three sleep masks, two of which, Sweet Dreams and Lewis N Clark, were highly rated and popular. The third mask, Macks Dreamweaver Contoured Sleep Mask, I had a hard time finding on Amazon, but am glad I did. It was the one I ultimately kept and recommend. Below are my reviews of the three sleep masks and why I chose the Macks Dreamweaver.

Dream Essentials Sweet Dreams Contoured Sleep Mask
Pros:
* Does a good job of blocking light
* The contoured design doesn't put any pressure on the eyes, if the mask stays in place
* Comfortable material
Cons:
* The elastic strap kept riding down and onto my ears. It felt like it was cutting into my ears.
* The nose opening is too low, causing the mask, and thus the eye sockets, to ride up, defeating the purpose of the contoured eye socket.
* Not good for side sleepers as the mask does dislodge
* Cheap feeling pouch
I wanted to like this mask based on all the positive reviews, but ultimately the bad position of the elastic strap, and the fact that it kept riding up on my face, were what made me give up on it. I didn't have it long enough to verify the delamination that others had experienced.

Lewis N. Clark Comfort Eye Mask
Pros:
* Does a decent job of blocking light when it stays in place
* While not great for side sleepers, it was better than the other two
Cons:
* Like wearing a tight fleece jacket around the eyes.
* As the night progressed, the elastic strap slipped down and felt like it was cutting into my ears
* Nose opening is way too low, causing the mask to ride up and thus allowing light in from the bottom
I would have settled for this one had I not found the Macks Dreamweaver, but like the Sweet Dreams mask, the elastic strap cutting into my ears was the determining factor. I liked this one slightly better than the Sweet Dreams because it did seem to stay in place a bit better.

Macks Dreamweaver Contoured Sleep Mask (Pack of 2)
Pros:
* Blocks light the best of the three masks
* Nose opening is at the right height
* Contoured eye sockets are large enough to accommodate some movement
* Comfortable material
* Has two, slim, adjustable elastic straps instead of one large one
* Does not cut into the tops of the ears
* For about the same price as one of the other masks, you get two of these
Cons:
* If you are a side sleeper or move around, like the other masks, it will move, but it was still comfortable, even after moving.
* The material is basically identical to the Sweet Dreams mask, which makes me wonder if it will delaminate like people have found with the Sweet Dreams, but I haven't used it for more than a few weeks now. So far, no delamination. But if there is, a second one came with it.
While the Dreamweaver isn't perfect, given the fact that it won't stay in place with movement (Do any masks stay in place all night?!), it was the best of the three. The comfortable positioning of the eye sockets, nose opening and two straps make this the winner.
on April 6, 2009
I bought this almost six months ago and was very happy with it for about three months. It blocks the light almost completely (a little creeps in on each side of my nose as I have a rather sharp nose -- if yours is not quite so sharp this mask will likely block the light completely), doesn't impede your eyelids/lashes during REM sleep, and is soft and lightweight. I would have easily given this product five stars if I would have rated it within the first three months of use.

However, the bottom edge, particularly near the nose, has frayed revealing two layers of fabric surrounding one of foam. Also, the band has lost most of its elasticity and no longer holds the mask tightly enough against my face.

It doesn't look like it's going to last much longer.
2929 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 9, 2006
These were better than the Bucky eye shades I also purchased, with the exception if you are sleeping outside. The Bucky's did keep out more sun-light but indoors I couldn't tell a difference. For comfort and relaxation while sleeping indoors the Sweet Dreams was better. It was also much cheaper ($11.79 w/shipping to Bucky $31.34 w/shipping). I found the Bucky's still applied a little pressure on my eyes where the Sweet Dreams mask did not. The Sweet Dreams also stayed on better when I layed on my side.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 23, 2006
This mask does a great job for the price. It's comfy--it connects behind the head with a soft velcro strap. The convex shape means that it doesn't press against your eyes when they're closed. It does a pretty good job of blocking out light, letting only a little in around the bridge of the nose, but you can't tell with your eyes closed. Folds up nicely into the neat carrying case.
on December 24, 2010
I was extremely happy with this sleep mask when I first received it; I found the fit to be very comfortable and it's light blocking abilities to be extremely effective, however, I'm sure this would vary based on the size & shape of any individual's head. After the first two months the edge of the mask, which appears to have been hermetically sealed (in a very cheap fashion), simply disappeared and the inside layers simply separated.

The ear plugs worked well & the pouch is nice, but but despite being better quality than the mask, neither add much value to the package.

I have come to the conclusion that this item is sold with a "travel pouch" because it is intended for the occasional use during travel and not for long term situations.

All in all, I would say this mask is a good choice for travelers who may occasionally lose the item and want an effective & inexpensive replacement, but not for people who need a consistently good sleep 365 nights per year unless they plan on frequent replacements.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 22, 2011
The product was very comfortable. However, the components started coming apart after the 3rd night of using it, if the product was longer lasting it would definitly have gotten a much higher rating.
on July 5, 2010
After all the glowing comments (which I now am rather suspicious of) I was eager to get this and try it out. I work nights and am sensitive to light while sleeping so really needed these.

-My biggest complaint is the strap that holds it on. It is very hard and scratchy and seems to position too low to sit comfortably over the ears, so it rubs on my ears all night. When I wake up my ears hurt and I've noticed it has actually started to break the skin. Also, the strap is very short - it is Velcro and I have to on the very ends of each strap so that it barely holds. I read other comments on this and thought the people must have huge heads or something - but I have a very average sized head and the strap is indeed short.

-These let in an awful lot of light from the bottoms, around the nose area etc.

-The area for your eyes to open is very small, so if it moves at all you can't open your eyes without hitting the mask. And believe me, these will not stay in one spot for long.

So I'm off to find a better pair...
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 30, 2012
I purchased a sleeping mask from them in Feb. and it started to come apart right away but I put up with it until it bugs me too much. I was thinking of buying a few more to have backup so I called the vendor. He told me he was sorry for the problems and he would send me a new mask to replace the defective one, he said they have a new way to attach the back to the front so now the peeling wouldn't happen again.

I was thrilled that he would send me another one to replace mine, but it never came and I waited and waited and called again, this time I had to leave a message, to this date I have no received any calls, emails or product from this company so for now I would stay away.

I called them one last time and left a message, it been about a week and they have not replied to any of my attempts to resolve this issue.
The reason I am so upset about this is when I first called Dream Essentials the guy was nice and told me that they had issues with how the liner that touches your face was attached to the foam mask. He said that the process has been changed so the liner coming off the inside of the mask shouldn't happen in the future. This was the time he told me he would send me a replacement, he asked if the address on the order was correct, I said yes.

I was happy but of course the nice gesture to send me a replacement was just words and no intension to really send me a replacement. Had they did what they offered to do and that was to replace my defective mask I would have ordered at least 2 more.

Since then all I get is ignored and none of my calls are returned. I guess I won't be getting a replacement so consider this my update.

I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, A COMPANY WHO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE KNOWN BY ALL SO THEY WON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT I DID.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have been buying the really cheap satin eye masks from the local drug store that just have the elastic to hold them in place. I should have stuck to those, because this mask is just not the right fit for my face. I think it could be good for someone with a larger face and/or nose. On me, though, if I pulled it down far enough to keep most of the light out, the elastic band would be over my ears, which was very uncomfortable. Plus, it was way far down on my nose, which kept causing me to wake up and push it up. It didn't stay in place well at all, and I gave up after three nights of trying to wear it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...