5.0 out of 5 stars Zzzz
Purchased two of these for a long overnight flight (returning from Hawaii). They worked great, fairly comfortable. Wife seldom sleeps on a plane, but these definitely helped! I would recommend taking these out of the plastic bag for a couple of days before first use, as there was a strong plastic odor that dissipated after being "aired out."

Very pleased with...
Published on April 28, 2010 by James A. Lundsted

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept But Poor Quality Materials
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:45 Mins
Published on February 19, 2012 by Megan Hewins

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept But Poor Quality Materials, February 19, 2012
Megan Hewins (Spokane, Washington USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dream Essentials Sweet Dreams Contoured Sleep Mask with Earplugs and Carry Pouch, Royal Blue (Home)
Length:: 0:45 Mins

I purchased this in December, it is now mid-February and the cloth layer over the foam layer on the mask has separated. I had seen this flaw mentioned in other reviewed but was not entirely sure what they meant, until it happened to me. Its a shame because I REALLY loved this sleeping mask until the cloth separated. The contours for your eyelid movement is awesome innovation and really aids in REM sleep. I love the Velcro strap. It was hands down the best mask I've ever owned for keeping out light, especially at the nose. Yet seeing as how its so pricey and fell apart so quickly I cannot give this product a good rating. I'm going to try and whip stitch the cloth layer back onto mine and see if that works. But no product should require so much additional work to achieve functionality after just a few months of use.

Update 3/29/12

I have whip stitched the cloth layer back on to the foam undercoat of the mask. It took me about five minutes to do so. This would take well under a minute with a sewing machine. Now I can wash it and it has restored its full functionality as a mask. So problem solved, however I maintain that it is still an absurd alteration to have to make.

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but not long lasting, January 18, 2011
T. Raliben (Salem, OR United States) - See all my reviews
I'm a little sad to have to post a negative review for this product as it used to be my favorite sleep mask. It has many positives: it's light weight, very comfortable, and effectively blocks out light. The elastic strap is relatively thin, making the mask comfortable whether you sleep on your back or side.

The big problem is that it is no longer made to last. The inner layer of fabric that rests against your face is not sturdily attached. Just a couple of months after purchasing two of these masks, this inner layer frayed and peeled off of the foam core entirely on both of them.

I've since switched to using a Bucky 40 Blinks Mask Ultralight Eye Mask instead. It's fairly comfortable and effective but does not block light around the nose as well as the Dream Essentials mask and its thick elastic strap makes sleeping on your back a little uncomfortable but at least it has yet to fall apart on me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zzzz, April 28, 2010
James A. Lundsted "Jim" (Jefferson City, MO United States) - See all my reviews

Very pleased with our purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, July 7, 2008
My husband loves it when the sunshine comes through the windows in the morning, but I can't sleep if the room isn't as dark as a cave. This has caused problems, but not now that I have the Sweet Dreams Contoured Sleep Mask. The earplugs aren't anything special, but the mask is the best. It's comfortable, it keeps out the light, and it doesn't fall off while I'm sleeping or get tangled in my hair. I thought the Velcro closure would be an issue, but even that has not caused me any problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product... while it lasts, September 23, 2011
As others have noted, this product is well-contoured, light weight, comfortable to wear and does an excellent job of blocking out light. Unfortunately they use some flimsy adhesive to bond the satin outer layer to the product's foam core. This adhesive breaks down during washing (and yes, I did hand-wash them to avoid the rough action of a clothes washer and dryer).

After just a couple of washings the satin layer completely detaches and the product is ready for the garbage can. This product is awfully pricey given that it only seems to last a few weeks. Perhaps they should just label it as a disposable?

In any case, you'd be better off buying something that will last a little longer...

1.0 out of 5 stars Smelled terrible, couldn't even use it, May 28, 2013
I have terrible trouble sleeping when there's any light in the room, so I constantly search for the perfect sleep mask. Took this one out of the box and knew immediately I had to return it. There was this awful smell that just got worse the closer I brought it to my face. No way I could sleep with this anywhere near my nose, the smell would have kept me up all night! Returned.

3.0 out of 5 stars A great idea, but not quite "finished", April 29, 2012
Stretch (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
I've had one of these for about a year. I'll give it good marks for being light and comfortable, and being gentle to both skin and eyes. For taking a quick nap it works well, and I note that most of the good reviews seem to be from people napping on planes, etc. - I would agree with them.

But as an actual "sleep mask" intended to avoid being awoken by light, or for sleeping when you can't eliminate light, I'd say it falls short. If you move even slightly, the mask slides out of position far too easily. The headband is also too long even for my largish head, requiring some "personalization" involving scissors.

If you just need a very compact and comfortable way to help you snooze on a long ride, this is a good bet. If you're planning to use it regularly overnight, it's still cheap enough to be worth a shot, but probably not my first choice.

1.0 out of 5 stars looks good but...., October 31, 2011
I was very excited to get this product because I really have a problem with light at night to sleep. I have tried other masks but they cause the face to sweat and ruin your eye lashes so this looked really good with the punch out for the eyes except.... I sleep on my side and that causes the mask to move sideways because of its fabric. stiff foam type fabric moves the mask from place and I once woke up with it actually laying up against my eyeball with my lid pushed up that was not good and my lashes are still mixed up. I like the idea but the fabric should be softer and flexable.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS BETTER THAN EXPECTED, October 17, 2010
Love this mask, does not let light in at all with me. Son tried, he has larger nose and it did let light in just a little for him. I use a cpap machine mask with the nose pillows and I can still wear this with it which is great. It is so comfortable. Another bonus, with the cpap my nose is always uncomfortably cold. Due to the portion that comes down over the nose, my nose is warmer now. That was an unexpected benefit! It is a soft but formed fabric which does not smash my eyes in . I expected a stiffer product so was pleasantly surprised. I can open my eyes with it without it touching my eyelashes and I have long eyelashes! The back velcro strap works very well. I have long hair so just make sure I do not get my hair caught in the velcro when I connect the ends. No big deal. How about making it in pink or purple for those of us girls that are sick of royal blue, black gray and brown? Will definitely order again. Thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars "Sleep Like a baby....Feel Like Batman!", July 19, 2010
Fantastic Product for The Price! I work Nights, and have Found that a Sleep Mask is The Only Way To go. I've Tried Blacking Out The Windows, but This Has Never Worked. My Girlfriend Left an Older Mask at My House. I wore it One Night, and Have Been Hooked Ever Since. The "Dream Essentials Sweet Dreams Mask" is Absolutely The Best. Comfortable, Contoured (Not Right Up against The Eyes) and Large Enough To Cover, and Block Out Any Light. I Highly Recommend This mask.