4.0 out of 5 stars For Jeannie Fans!
Published 21 months ago by Thomas Trenchard

2.0 out of 5 stars Should Have Stayed in the Bottle
Published 23 months ago by Kasey G

4.0 out of 5 stars For Jeannie Fans!, March 11, 2013
Thomas Trenchard (Covington, LA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later (DVD)
Saw every episode of the original series as well as both TV movies. Since I already purchased the original series, I've been waiting on this and "I Still Dream of Jeannie" to be released on DVD. Wonderful movie, but I am a bit partial since I'm a Barbara Eden fan. I gave it four out of five stars only because Larry Hagman failed to reprise his role as Tony Nelson. Fortunately, all the other characters were played by the original actors. And, of course, Barbara Eden as Jeannie looks incredible, even 15 years later! Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found it., January 6, 2013
This review is from: I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later (DVD)
I had watched this movie often as a kid and have looked for it numerous places. Finally found it after doing a search for Barbara Eden. The movie, as I remember it, is just like the description-Jeannie is married with a son and Colonel Anthony is close to retirement (I think). He decides to do one last mission against Jeannie's wishes and the mission ends up endangering his life. In the meantime, Jeannie decides to separate from him for awhile and doesn't realize that her sister is swooping in to cause problems. Jeannie only has moments to find a way out her predicament, and help her husband. Can she do it? ;) It's a good movie that I have fondly remembered for many years. It doesn't star Larry Hagman, that is true, but Wayne Rogers (who also starred in M*A*S*H)does a fine job. I plan to order it so I can relive some childhood memories.

2.0 out of 5 stars Should Have Stayed in the Bottle, January 13, 2013
Kasey G (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later (DVD)
Sony dusts off the first of two "I Dream of Jeannie" reunion movies for a MOD DVD-R release and while I love the original series, I can't say this one's worth revisiting. I should have known better since I did watch this when it aired in the fall of 1985 and all these years the only thing I remembered about it was that Jeannie's evil sister was always sporting a short spikey hairdo like Susan Clark in "Webster".

At the time, Larry Hagman was busy with "Dallas" so the role of Tony Nelson went to poor Wayne Rogers ("M*A*S*H*) who has all the screen presence of a turnip here and zero chemistry with Barbara Eden. The plot has Tony about to retire from duty but when he agrees to go on another mission, Jeannie becomes furious and the two separate, she taking their pre-teen son Tony Jr. (MacKenzie Astin) with her. Her wicked sister figures largely into the plot as she constantly uses her powers to keep the two from reconciling. The most interesting thing about this travesty is seeing what ridiculous get-up Jeannie II will show up in next. **NOTE** Check the screen grabs in the Images section of this product to see all of them.

When Jeannie is interviewed for "Genie's Home Journal" (the reporter is played by Dody Goodman), we are treated to clips from the original TV series. Also, the movie re-creates the famous opening scene from the pilot episode where Tony frees Jeannie from her bottle on the beach and she gratefully throws her arms around him rewarding him with a kiss. These things only make one want to turn this off and go back and watch the original. William Asher directed this and it should be noted that many of the stale sight gags are stolen directly from "Bewitched": the suitcase packing itself, levitating teapot, the party guests frozen in time and Jeannie II sitting on a lampshade.

The familiar theme song morphs into a cheesy '80s synth version to stay "current and hip", but now seems more dated than the original. Haji has now become a flamboyant African-American gym bunny who runs a health club/aerobics studio in the movie's effort to stay oh-so-relevant to the mid-'80s.

Only diehard fans of Barbara Eden should get this. It's a terrible, dull movie. If you want to see Barbara in something much more fun and entertaining, check out her 1974 thriller "The Stranger Within" instead.

The video quality is terrific on the disc and it did play in my PC, but there are no subtitles or extras.

TWO STARS. Proceed at your own risk.

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch it on YouTube B4 you buy., February 9, 2014
This review is from: I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later (DVD)
The first thing you need to know, in case you missed the fine print: this is a manufactured-on-demand DVD. Even if a seller uses words like "official" or "authentic" you will still get a DVD that was burned on a computer with a lightscribe disk label and cover art that was printed on a 1997 bubble jet personal printer. The quality of the playback is fine. There are no special features or DVD menus (it just plays). For nearly $20, I'd say you really have to want this movie.

With that said, DO you really want this movie? I remember enjoying it as a kid. Watching it now at 37, what was I thinking? It's not a great movie! The acting is horrible. The story is dumb, and pretty much a total downer for anyone who loved the original series. Tony was played by Wayne Rogers, who bastardized the role. The pink genie outfit was ugly and looked nothing like the original. The magic blink sound was changed to an awkward Tinkerbell chime. TJ was a total dweeb. Dr. Bellows didn't interact with anyone (he wasn't much more than a cameo). And the whole, "I can't steer the space shuttle" thing was just ridiculous.

If you think you want to buy this one, I'd suggest watching it on YouTube first. You might change your mind.

FYI: "I Still Dream of Jeannie" is on YouTube too.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointing, March 13, 2014
This review is from: I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later (DVD)
I grew up with I dream of Jeannie. I liked the premise of the movie but it was just a little off. When you grow up watching the show you get used to the sound effects etc. They changed all of them and they were really bad compared to the original series. I was disappointed that they did that. It was bad enough that Larry Hagman did not reprise his role as Tony but they changed a few to many things for my taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeannie: 15 years later: Good reproduction, will last longer than VCR copy, January 9, 2014
William Curto "cooldude" (Los Angeles, Calif. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later (DVD)
This t.v. movie was hard to get for a long time. Very satisfied! I would not want to take away from die-hard "Jeannie" fans, but I enjoyed this remake of the t.v. show.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later., September 22, 2013
This review is from: I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later (DVD)
A great follw-up movie to the iconic series from the 1960s. A must have for devotees of Jeannie Nelson. Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, May 24, 2013
This review is from: I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later (DVD)
I know this was just a made for tv movie, but my collection felt somewhat incomplete without it. Now I just need them to release "I Still Dream Of Jeannie".

4.0 out of 5 stars I Love Jeannie!!!!!!, April 22, 2013
This review is from: I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later (DVD)
Great movie about Jeannie's life 15 years later, A little borring, but still very good. Love the bottle and her and her evil sister.

5.0 out of 5 stars get movie, April 17, 2014
This review is from: I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later (DVD)
i really like the tv series of i dream of jeannie. i really like the the movie is there any others please let me know.

I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later
I Dream Of Jeannie: 15 Years Later by Dean Parisot (DVD - 2013)
$20.95 $15.93