5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for the Price!
Published on April 7, 2010 by MindyM

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!!!
Published on October 12, 2009 by John

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for the Price!, April 7, 2010
I love this stroller, especially for a hundred bucks! My 2 yr old and 6 months old love our walks to the park in it. It handles the uneven road pavement better than I expected. I like the 5 point harness for my infant and it is the only one at this price with the grab bar. (I chose this stroller over the $99 Jeep one because of the storage baskets, the 5pt harness, and the grab bar) The stroller I received has the baskets positioned ABOVE the metal crisscross bars, (unlike the pictures here) so they obviously fixed the problem with the baskets dragging, it is no longer an issue. Someone also complained of a locked wheel, I had that too, until I ummm...unlocked it...by flipping off the lock on that wheel. It is pretty lightweight and compact when folded, especially for a double stroller, which a must for an owner of a smaller-trunked car. Over all, I am extremely impressed at what a hundred bucks can get you. I was worried due to the other reviews of this model here, but after searching everywhere for a better INEXPENSIVE option, I found there are NONE, and took a chance. Glad I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but quite as convenient as it sounds, October 6, 2010
This review is from: Dream On Me Double Twin Stroller, Black (Baby Product)
I bought this item for many of the same reasons as most other reviewers: because I needed a solution to conveniently tote around 2 kids. It does the job, but not quite as conveniently as I had hoped.

Pros:

The construction is sturdy. This stroller can take a beating. It comes in darker colors so you don't have to worry so much about dirt and spills.

The wheels are thicker and wider than your average umbrella stroller which makes it much easier to manuver and less likely to get caught up on uneven surfaces.

The stroller has that 3 handle design, and beieve it or not you can actually steer with ease using any of the three handles.

The kids are very comfortable and really like sitting next to eachother. The 5 point harness is a plus, and it is easily adjustable so that parents do not have to remember which seat belonged to what kid.

The baskets on the bottom are a bit small, but there are 2 of them, and they are large enough to hold the necessities for example a trip to the play ground or a short run into the store. (Please see cons for more info about the using it in the store)

The grab bar is sturdy and can outlast even rough kids like mine. Its great for longer trips or for areas with a lot of action and the kids need something to grab onto and hold them in while they are trying to lean out of the stroller. (please see cons about the grab bar during frequent use)

The adjustable back works like a drawstring. No kidding. It has a drawstring with a clip that lowers and raises the back to the appropriate level. I havn't had any problems with it so far, but If your kid is too big you might have problems with it unless you figure out how to reinforce it somehow. The positive aspect is that you can adjust it to any specific location, unlike others where you only get to choose between 2-3 preset recline modes (if any). Also, each seat is independent, meaning that you can recline one while the other sits upright if you want.

Cons:

This stroller is not as small as I hoped. For those of you trying to get around in a subcompact like, say for example a 4 door hatchback Yaris,and like me you have 2 carseats preventing you from folding down the seats, This stroller WILL NOT fit in your itty bitty trunk. in fact, it will barely fit in your back seat on the floor. Unfortunately for me I have to put it in my front seat if I plan on using it. I bought a single umbrella stroller specifically for this car because of the lack of space. The user descriptions in other reviews helped to convince me that this would fit as if it was 2 umbrella strollers but it's a little bit bigger than that. This lost a full star because of that. If the stoller was about 2-3 inches smaller I would have given it 5 stars because I could fit it in the trunk.

This stroller doesn't fit through single doors or narrow aisles. I have turn it sideways and drag it through a single door, which only works if the door is automatic or if someone is kind enough to open the door for me. When driving down narrow aisles I have to be careful not to knock anything off the shelves. I didn't deduct any stars for that because I kinda new that going in.

The grab bar is great, but cannot be convenient or realistically used if you need to collapse it several times a day/week. The grab bar needs to be removed before you can collapse the stroller. The bar is quite sturdy, which also means that it is quite securly held onto the bars which make it too much of a hassle to snap on and off several times a day/week.

Overall impression:

I really enjoy the stroller and I feel it will outlast any abuse it will suffer. The cons listed above do not outweigh the pros it has provided. I do wish that it was a back/front double stroller instead of a side by side, so that I could fit through doorways etc. I would use it much more often if it was. I wish it would fit in my car correctly, but shame on me for getting a teeny car :)

I was looking for something that I could whip in and out of my trunk in a breeze and have the kids strapped in and ready to go. I wanted a stoller that I could use to run several errands in one shot before the kids got sick of getting in and out of the car. I needed something to keep them more secure, sanitary and still have enough room in the baskets to do light shopping.

As far as what I was looking for vs what I got...Well everyone has to compromise so it doesn't work under all circumstances but it'll do. That's why I have tons of other gear to use instead. It is secure and sanitary, and It is a MUCH better option than a shopping cart because the kids will sit in it happily for much much much longer than the standard shopping cart.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!!!, October 12, 2009
We needed a stroller for our twins that was light and easy to fold for getting around town. We already have a City Mini for jogs or long walks. The Dream on Me seemed perfect for our light duty jobs. It arrived in early September and by October 10th one of the back wheels is broken off. Also, it's extremely difficult to fit through doorways and doesn't steer well at all. When folded the only thing holding it together is a small plastic clip that didn't work from day one (it doesn't reach where your supposed to clip it and wouldn't hold if it did).
Again you get what you pay for. If you need a stroller that's light and only need it for a few months (maybe up to 9 if lucky) this will work great. Not built for the long haul, even for light duty work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Straps too short but call company and they send extensions., March 26, 2011
I had such high hopes for this stroller. It was very easy to maneuver but had 1 MAJOR DEFECT!! The straps on the stroller, at their longest, were too small to comfortably restrain a child (25 lb) well under their 33 lb weight limit. When I put my kids in there they were yelling "OUCH, OUCH" because the straps were WAY too tight!! Really disppointed!!

UPDATE: March 27: Someone else posted that the company will send extensions for the straps.
I called the company and they were great in solving the belt issue. They promised me extenders when i called on Tuesday. Received and used them Saturday. Great customer service. Great value on this stroller.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little wide, but it works well, March 15, 2010
I moved to a big city and bought this for city errands with my kids. I like the little baskets underneath. They are aren't heavy duty, but just enough to add a level of convenience that my single umbrella stroller (Jeep) really lacked. It folds easily and I really like that it has the 5 point harness straps.
On the down side, the sun shades aren't great. With the Jeep umbrella strollers the sunshades are small too, but you can adjust them to wherever the sun is hitting. Not so with the Dream On Me Twin - there is very little range of motion with the sunshades.
My main complaint, though, it the width. I wish it were about 2 inches narrower. It is the same width as my double jogger, so it's still difficult to get through doorways and maneuver around non-kid-friendly stores. If I were at an amusement park or something, however, the width probably wouldn't matter as much. Also, a cup holder for mommy would be nice.
I really like how far the seats recline, though. It does feel sturdy for an umbrella stroller and it fits well in the trunk of our little car.
Overall, I'm happy with the stroller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, November 9, 2011
We bought this stroller to take with us to Disneyland for our then 9-month-old twins since we didn't want to have to worry about our expensive stroller. It was great-it folded up small, the boys looked comfortable, the seats reclined much further than I expected, and the sun shades were larger than expected. With the low recline and the large sun shades, the boys slept just fine in the stroller. The belly bar was great for attaching toys and propping bottles on when needed. The only con is the baskets underneath, which are so small they are nearly useless. However we bought a Sunshine Kids parent console for one side and hung our backpack/diaper bag on the other and had plenty of space for our gear. Bright red color was easy to find in the sea of strollers too. We liked this stroller a lot and still use it on occasion at home.

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, July 3, 2012
So far I really like this stroller. My kids love it, and it is big enough yet small enough to accommodate both a three year old and a one year old comfortably. Most low priced lightweight double strollers I've found were too small for my three year old. The stroller steers well and is very easy to push. The biggest pro to this stroller is that it is easy to fold and fits very easily into my trunk. The whole point of me buying this stroller was to get away from the bulky double stroller that I had to fight with in order to maneuver it into the trunk and then once it was in I couldn't fit anything else. With this stroller I can bring my stroller and still have room for my groceries.

The drawbacks are pretty small. The lock the keeps the stroller latched together is detachable and is therefore already lost only a month later. However, it is easy enough to pick up without being locked together. The canopies are a joke. They are small and misshaped and basically pointless. And the third drawback is that the storage baskets are pretty small. But they will fit a small diaper bag and the stroller is sturdy enough that you can hang things on the handles without the whole thing tipping over the second you take the kids out!

Overall, especially for the low price, this is the best lightweight double stroller. I would definitely buy it again!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Hoped, February 24, 2010
It is easy to fold and unfold, and will be great for walking around outside. However, the back wheels are too wide to fit through a standard sized doorway. It should work for mall walking, but I doubt it'll work straight from the van to the stores, because outside doors at the mall may be too small to fit through. The sun shade is kind of pointless because it doesn't have a good place for it to fit. It would be very easy to put the sun shade on if there wasn't so much canvas/material on the center bar making it practically impossible to secure onto the stroller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really regret my purchase!, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Dream On Me Double Twin Stroller, Black (Baby Product)
We bought this as a travel and temporary buggy for our move to Seattle. I've now had it for 2 long weeks! We also have a City Mini Double, which I love and is FAR SUPERIOR-- Highly recommend that stroller! Although this buggy is relatively cheap ($99), I wish I didn't buy it and I plan on returning it...

FOLDING:
It does fold down easily, so it was easy to get in and out of the airport, but beyond that, this stroller is complete rubbish. And even when it does fold down, the hood pops off the stroller every time, and the bar must also be removed. It has also has a cheap red clip to "hold" it together. Horrible, horrible design.

SEATS: The seats are wide and tall enough for my 3 yr old and 8 month old. They seem comfortable enough. That's not an issue. However, our stoller came with one broken/dysfunctional reclining seat adjuster, so I've had to jerry-rig it, now to the point where one seat is constantly reclined. The parts are made of cheap, flimsy plastic so this does not surprise me one bit. Nice that the seats have 5 point harnesses, but again the buckles are flimsy and made of that cheap plastic. Ick.

And lastly, this stroller is wide and clumsy. It's difficult to push, and although it does fit through a standard door, the wheels hit EVERY SINGLE DOOR I go through. Please people, find another stroller!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and easy to use, January 26, 2012
This review is from: Dream On Me Double Twin Stroller, Black (Baby Product)
I purchased this double stroller for a vacation since it would be lighter and easier to travel with than the larger double jogging stroller. Shipped quickly and exceeds my expectations for quality. It it plenty big enough for a 2 and 4 year old.

ARRAY(0xa8edec00)