Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on March 28, 2015
WHAT A WASTE!!! After two months, this purchase is GARBAGE!!! my pics are self-explanatory
review image review image
44 comments219 of 224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2007
I, too, originally bought these pillows because they supposedly contained "gel" of some sort, and so I had lofty dreams of sleeping on a giant keyboard wrist rest, with my body temperature evening out in the chilly goo inside. Initially I was quite turned off by the discovery that they contained polyester fibers inside and wrote a somewhat scathing review. However, further research on the Internet revealed that these are in fact "polyester gel fiber" pillows. I found several patents that sounded like they could describe these fibers (in truth, I don't know for sure), but more importantly, I realized that the purpose of these fibers is to mimic goose down while retaining the hypoallergenic properties of poly-fill. Sure enough, I tested the feel of these pillows versus my standard poly-fill pillows, and there is in fact a marked difference. Based on my experiences with goose down, which I generally have liked in European hotels, I am actually suprised to say that once I realized the purpose of the filling, they do in fact mimic down pillows rather effectively. My only complaint at this point is that they are a little underfilled for my personal tastes. The covers are sateen cotton and quite comfortable (although honestly aren't we all using pillow cases anyway?). Comparing these to other offerings from other companies and retailers, the price is quite low for a polyester gel fiber filled set of pillows. If you like goose down, but cannot enjoy the softness due to allergies, or don't like the stiff feather backbones of cheaper down pillows, then this is a right-priced and hypoallergenic alternative.
66 comments1,333 of 1,398 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2007
Nice Value but the pillows aren't as firm as I had hoped. They flatten out pretty quickly.
0Comment143 of 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought these to replace a couple of down pillows I had that were getting old and rather shabby.

These have the same *feeling* as down, but are heavier (weight). They plump up very nicely, and provide the same support as a medium-firm down pillow. If you have allergies, these are ideal.

I'm really sold on them -- in fact, I'm getting ready to order 4 more. I just wish they came in Queen size.
66 comments553 of 599 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2010
I purchased these pillows about a year ago and loved them so much that I bought 2 more six months ago. Now all 4 pillows have lost there loft recovery. I contacted the Manufacturer (newpoint intl) who stated "THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR 1 YEAR WARRANTY." I will never buy or support this company again. And I would like to warn anyone who purchases this product that if something goes wrong it will not be covered or replaced by the manufacturer.
3333 comments495 of 550 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2011
I purchased a set of these pillows in September 2010 hoping for a pillow that had a similar feel to down. Many of the reviews stated that they were supportive and very much like down. In December 2010, after using these pillows for three months one of the pillows has lost all recovery and has no material in the middle. It feels as if I am sleeping with absolutely no pillow at all. I truly feel that a pillow should last more than 3 months. I am going to return them even though they are over the 30 day return policy. I will take back what ever money I can get and call it a day.
11 comment33 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2007
This is the first item I bought from Amazon that I am disappointed with, so much so I would send them back if re-packaging and sending them off wasn't such a hassle LOL!

If you like a softer, less firm pillow, you might like this pillow. For me the pillows are just like standard, discount department store, five dollar fluffy bed pillows. They have no weight or firmness to them, I can't see or feel anything special about them.

I wouldn't recommend this pillow to anyone who likes a firm yet lofty pillow. I'm a side sleeper who likes to tuck the end of my pillow under to make my pillow nice and firm, yet I like to have some softness or loftyness to craddle me.

I own a Carpenter Company gel pillow that I LOVE (no tucking required!) that Amazon no longer carries. I was hoping to find something comparable so I could furnish each bedroom with great firm, yet soft, pillows. I fell short of that goal with this choice. The pillows also have an odd smell to me ... they're not something I would want to lay my head on at night.
99 comments340 of 391 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 22, 2007
OK, I bought these because I thought maybe they were that space age "airo foam" or some new "gel" or gel insert, from the description:
Gel filled standard pillows
No, just good old polyester, like you find in all other pillows.
Except these are different-- They have a fancy name AND THEY COST MORE.
These are good quality pillows. BUT not at over 10 bucks each.
These are just the normal polyester pillows.
Note to self: Buy pillows in person so you can feel them, OR contact seller before purchase to inquire about materials.
So, three out of five stars, they are nice pillows, but NOT all that special.
99 comments419 of 494 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2009
The first clue: these pillows come in a box so small - so thin - that it will barely contains one normal pillow - and this is a set of two. The pillows will compress so much that when I pressed on both sides, in the center with my fingers, my fingers are almost touching each other. The gel will compress so much there's only a quarter-inch thick pillow left (really). If you bought these, try putting one of your standard (not big, not small) pillows in the box they came in. It'll fit, but then try to put a second in there. Not a chance they'd both fit. Way too thin and uncomfortable.
0Comment33 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 1, 2007
I bought two sets, one standard and one king, on a Friday Sale. They arrived promptly and are great pillows. The cover is superior smooth cotton/polyester. There was no odor. The size was what I expected and they are lofty and light. They are not a bad buy at $25, and were a real bargain at the Friday Sale price.
0Comment44 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse