Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 23, 2008
The first 20 pages is a brief summary of his life and underlying personal philosophy; it was heart wrenching and yet inspiring to learn about how he willingly gave up the comforts of his own life to labor and suffer for the cause of the masses.

Then the rest of the pages are quotes by him. I like the one-quote-per-page format because it is very thought provoking and allows the reader to reflect upon and digest what you just read.
I also like the Mother Theresa "Love" book in this series
on June 9, 2013
I like this book because it is not someone's interpretation of Dr. King, but his own words. He is a true non-violent man of peace, and although an imperfect human being like many of us, he seemed to me to live the teachings of Jesus Christ toward his fellow man. The introduction by Mike Nicol going through the life of Dr. King was outstanding and very enlightening, and helps the book stand on its own even if you never heard of Dr. Martin Luther King. The book is small, and a quick read, but I find myself picking it up frequently and going through it again. I keep it on my nightstand, and have bought it for some of my friends. I think people like Rev. Jesse Jackson, and Rev. Al Sharpton should read this book, and then read it again and again and again.
on October 15, 2009
This man was amazing. He was intelligent, deep, and thought provoking. The biography at the beginning and the quotes in the rest of the book are touching. What a difficult life yet he made it so purposeful and helped change so many lives.

This book makes a wonderful gift. It is also worth to own for yourself.
on March 25, 2010
This beautifully produced small book rewards both the eye and the heart. I purchased this for a young friend who is reading it successfully with his mother.

This book and its companions in this series are well worth the modest cost.
on February 27, 2012
I had purchased this book for myself in a local store. Once a family member saw it they wanted a copy, so I was able to order it on line. They love the book, Thanks.
on August 30, 2007
like Ganghi, one of MLK's greatest inspirations, MLK was an amazing leader, teacher, political activist and peace maker. A must read for anyone who wishes to be inspired and change themselves and the world into a more peaceful place.