4.0 out of 5 stars Sleep Number vs Foam Mattress DreamFoam 12 in 1
Published 4 months ago by Francisco C. Meza

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really bad, but I expected something different.
Published 2 months ago by supershopper

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleep Number vs Foam Mattress DreamFoam 12 in 1, April 27, 2014
This review is from: DreamFoam Bedding 12-in-1 Customizable Mattress, Queen (Misc.)
My review is going to be a little different than most others. I own the expensive Sleep Number Cal King mattress and the ultra-affordable DreamFoam 12 in 1 Queen mattress. I waited to write this review until I had tried all 3 settings. I slept on it for 2 weeks. The reason I bought this mattress was I needed it for the guest bedroom and for when my wife kicks me out of the master bedroom.

Here’s my situation. I have a bad lower back so I needed something that was really firm. In addition, I didn’t want a mattress where I was the only one who could use it. My dad is in his 80s and his old bones need something soft. I wasn't about to throw $3,000+ on another Sleep Number.

PROS
I can adjust the level of comfort within 5 minutes.
When my spouse rolls over, my side of the bed doesn't move so I remain asleep.
The hardest setting is pretty firm. I don’t wake up with any pain in my lower back.
The medium setting will work for almost anyone. With the medium setting, I still don’t feel any pain in my lower back.
The mattress covering is really good! Better than my Sleep Number.
SUPER awesome for pregnant women.
AFFORDABLE!

CONS
If you and your spouse want two different settings like soft and firm, you’ll probably have to use the medium setting. While this isn't too much of a con, it’s the only thing I can think of.

CONCLUSION:
There is way more bang for your buck with the DreamFoam 12 in 1 mattress. Take it from me, I own both the Sleep Number and the DreamFoam 12 in 1. There really aren't any drawbacks with this foam mattress. Oh, and that general nonsense about people saying foam mattresses get hot, it’s not true; at least not with this one.

If you have an extra $3000+ laying around to throw at a Sleep Number, go for it. But you’ll get way more value out of this product. The reason I’m giving them a 4-star review is DreamFoam Bedding didn't think of this 4 years ago when I was buying my Sleep Number and because of the con I wrote about. Other than that, I HIGHLY recommend buying the DreamFoam 12 in 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars DreamFoam Mattress, April 27, 2014
We wanted to try this mattress for a few weeks so we could give it an honest review. We give this bed a 5 star rating because it truly is a 5 star bed. We replaced our Select Comfort(Sleep Number) mattress with this product. We have had back & hip issues for years and could just not get our mattress adjusted right. I'm here to tell you that the 1st morning of sleeping on this mattress my hips and back did not hurt and have continued to feel great each morning. A nice feature of this product is being able to remove a layer of foam to adjust the mattress for your liking. If we need to replace this years down the road I can almost guarantee it will be with a DreamFoam mattress.
Thanks DreamFoam for making my back and hips feel great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Contemplating a sleep number bed, Not anymore!, April 20, 2014
We were contemplating a sleep number bed, but not anymore. I'm having hip surgery in a couple of weeks and I needed a new more comfortable bed. I saw this bed and was intrigued by the 12-in-1 system. I love the idea of being able to mix and match until I find just the right setting for me. I can change as my mood changes. So far, med/soft/firm is my chosen configuration. I tried the soft/med/firm and it was a little too soft for me. After my surgery, I'll probably switch it to firm/med/soft so that I can have the added support I will need.

I especially appreciate the high quality mattress covering that encases the foam. I did not expect the mattress cover to be so thick and nice. My daughter has another foam mattress and the covering is not nearly as nice or thick as the one I now have. I love the ease and quickness of being able to rearrange the foams to any desired consistency. You just unzip, rearrange, and zip it back up. Tonight, it took me 3 minutes to rearrange and get a new configuration. I absolutely love that. Even better is the color coding system. Making changes is easier when you don't have to remember which bland one was where. I can simply look at the colors and switch around as needed.

The mattresses did take a little longer to get here than forecasted, (I was very excited and counting the days to test out each configuration before my surgery), but I contacted the sellers and they were very prompt in their response time (less than 24hrs), and gave me updated tracking information (even when Amazon tracking had a totally different date). The packaging was 1 box and the mattress was shrink wrapped. When I took it out of the box, to my surprise, the foam didn't really smell. With my daughter's foam mattress, the smell was so horrible that we had to put it in the basement to air out for 2 days AND soak it in Febreze and Lysol. With this mattress, I simply sprayed a little Febreze (as a precaution and remembering how badly my daughter's foam mattress smelled), on the mattress cover, let it dry, and I was laying on it within the hour. I have a nose like a hound and even the faintest smell bothers me, but this mattress cover is so great that you will barely smell anything at all.

I highly recommend this mattress. It is a quality product for a quality price (hence my long review).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Mattress and Excellent Customer Support (DreamFoam Bedding), June 10, 2014
Bought based on reviews and the advertised ability to adjust the firmness.

Delivery time from the vendor DreamFoam Bedding was reasonable. Packaging (vacuum packed and rolled up in double layer plastic before boxing) was adequate to ensure a safe and clean delivery. The package is NOT light, it IS a queen size foam mattress!

When you start removing the plastic (and lose vacuum) make sure you have enough space to easily hold a queen sized mattress and give yourself maneuvering room (move night stands, etc in advance). It "inflates" quickly, so when you start be ready!

Initial problem - wrong size was delivered.:^(

Vendor response - quickly recognized the problem, and was very quick to send out the correct size. No excuses, or evasions; just a quick and effective response to fix the problem. :^)

Excellent customer service. Replacement product received and in service att.

The product itself met expectations, and my experience to date matches the majority of the other reviewers. Very comfortable and supportive.

Just for info, I adjusted internal foam pads to the firm setting - top-down red>blue>white.

Excellent company to do business with...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mattress Ever!, April 13, 2014
Needed new mattress for my 7 year old, so we decided on the DreamFoam 12in Twin mattress. It is super lightweight. Easy to change sheets. When we took it out of the packaging (which was super cool in itself because it was vacuum sealed), my son laid on it and said it was the most comfortable mattress he had ever laid on. In addition, he usually he gets up a couple times at night, but last night (the first night we used it), he didn't get up once, and slept longer than he normally does. I love that it supports my 7 year old perfectly forming to his little kid body, but also mine when I lay in bed reading him stories at night. I actually fell asleep on it last night while reading, it was THAT comfy!

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice adjustable mattress, April 16, 2014
we have always wanted to try a foam mattress but hesitated because my husband likes firm and I like soft so this was the perfect compromise, I get my side and he gets his side. you cant even feel the seam between the two halves. I haven't found the perfect firmness yet but it is so easy to change its no big deal to experiment until you find the right combo. I would recommend this bed to anyone who isn't sure what level of firmness they think they want or if your significant other wants something different than you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mattress for a great price, August 8, 2014
I have had this Mattress for a little over a month now. At first it was a little uncomfortable (lower back pain) but I changed it to the medium setting by moving the layers around a bit. I have it on Medium - soft- firm top to bottom and its great. Be aware that this is not Memory Foam if that is what you are after, although you could just take out one of the layers and replace it with a high quality memory foam topper (would need about 3 inches of it)

Some main selling points for me:

- 2LB Polyfoam (very durable)
- 3 Adjustable layers
- If a layer wears out over time I can just replace it, rather than replacing the whole mattress.
- Excellent quality mattress cover
- No strong smells during the off gassing phase, and I have a VERY sensitive sense of smell (light odor that went away in a few days)

For the cost you would have a hard time finding a better deal, even if you just buy the raw materials (I looked into it). Mattress covers normally run around $90 for a decent one and each layer of foam runs around $150-$200. Overall this is a great deal for a great mattress. It should be noted you only get 6 usable patterns to put the foam in, not 12.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really bad, but I expected something different., June 26, 2014
The reviews were all so stellar for this product, that we decided to go for it. It is not returnable once opened, so you'd better be sure you are willing to risk your money prior to purchasing. It is better than the mattress we had (that was only a couple of years old) by a major national retailer that was a very soft pillow-top product. But, with that being said, it is very hot to sleep on, and not so comfortable. The foam came "chipped" in some areas, and is just that--foam. It is fairly comfortable, but I am wondering what it will be like after some wear. It seems some indentations may already be occurring, and we are not large people. Time will tell, but for now, it is just "okay."

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mattress Ive slept on!!!, April 14, 2014
I can honestly say Ive never slept on a more comfortable mattress! Ive had over 5 different mattresses so far and THIS is the one. I like my mattress to be really soft so I have the soft foam layer on top, medium one in the middle, and firm on the bottom. It is absolutely perfect comfort for me and my husband! I wish I had this when I was pregnant, it would have made sleeping a DREAM!! I usually wake up at least a couple times at night, not with this mattress, I slept through the whole night every night since we've had it! I couldn't believe it! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to purchase a new mattress! The packaging was compact so it was easy to get into the house(we bought the king mattress). When my son upgrades from a crib to a big boy bed, this will be his first mattress!

3.0 out of 5 stars Foam, foam in the home...but..., June 23, 2014
With apologies to Gene Autry. Note that it is not memory foam - it's regular urethane foam (which I prefer) in 3 layers. And, despite the advertising nonsense, mathematically you can only get 6 combinations with 3 layers - not 12. And, realistically, some of them are duplicates. You really have 3 choices, medium soft, medium, and medium firm. Do you really need more than that anyway?

EDIT: We loved the first mattress we bought, so we just bought a second one. It's DIFFERENT!

With our first mattress, the top blue layer was squishy-soft, the middle white layer was medium, and the bottom red layer was a bit firmer. With this second mattress, all 3 layers have the same medium firmness - just different colors. What's up with this??? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

EDIT: The following refers to the first mattress we bought.

It comes with the softest layer on top which feels great to me. I find this mattress to be quite comfortable. I sleep on my side and hate the pain in my hip from firm mattresses. It feels great when on my back too.

I don't know if the foam will last the guaranteed 10 years but it probably will. If it doesn't, are you really going to ship it back to AZ? No, I didn't think so.

The mattress does not have handles - probably because there's no internal steel springs to attached them to. The side fabric is quite thin and would not provide a base for handles. It's not a heavy mattress so you really don't need them.

Also, despite instructions to the contrary, the mattress inflates right away and you can use it that night. And, no odor.

DreamFoam Bedding 12-in-1 Customizable Mattress, Queen