Here we are with another 'expandable' foam mattress that is ship-to-home. This one, in particular, is surprising because it is better quality than you would initially expect. The strong points are:

1. Quality of the Quilted 'topper'
2. General well-built feel
3. Little-to-no chemical smell
4. Comfort of sleep
5. Extremely light (I received...
Published 6 months ago by Canis Majoris

3.0 out of 5 stars Ordered three - got three COMPLETELY different mattresses
Published 6 months ago by lainie

3.0 out of 5 stars Ordered three - got three COMPLETELY different mattresses, February 23, 2014
This review is from: DreamFoam Bedding Ultimate Dreams Twin Crazy Quilt with 7-Inch TriZone Mattress (Misc.)
I ordered a set of bunk beds with a trundle drawer so I needed three twin mattresses. What I received were three DIFFERENT mattresses. I would have no problem if the fabric was the only difference but the quality varies wildly. I can now understand how some people love their $95 mattress and some people thought the quality was very poor. My sons actually argued about which one they got because one was so clearly superior. . anyone who has more than one child knows that the best policy for keeping everyone happy is to keep an even playing field. :) Mattress one: excellent quality all around. Well worth the price. Mattress two: about what i expected. . completely fine, not great. Mattress three: it's still in the wrapper. . am thinking about returning it but can't imagine how to get it back into the box! Poor person who ends up sleeping on the guest trundle. . .I should not have to make that choice. . .seller needs to make sure all mattresses are of equal quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Open the Box and What Falls Out Is A Surprisingly Good Mattress, February 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

1. Quality of the Quilted 'topper'
2. General well-built feel
3. Little-to-no chemical smell
4. Comfort of sleep
5. Extremely light (I received the twin bed and it was 25 lbs)

Weak Points:

1. A very light firm bordering on firm-plush
2. Uneven foam/filling towards the sides of the end of the mattress (did not hinder sleep)

Sleeping Test Subjects:

Me: 6'1", 200lb. Male
Another Female...: 5'2", 110 lbs (even though her size might make her seem like a young-girl, she is actually a late-twenties adult).

Some nights I slept by myself, others we *both* slept on the mattress together within the confines of a loft bed. For the latter, it was completely workable and even with a tiny bit of space to spare. Although, when you are sleeping two adults on a twin (should not really be done unless you are on a battleship), any movement will take the other person with you.

~*~ Quality ~*~

With other foam mattresses I have tried--regardless of the price paid--the soft topper reduces the 'perceived' quality of the mattress. The soft topper makes the foam mattresses look more like an over-sized foam box than a mattress. Moreover, you get the moist 'foam' feel that seems to conduct heat as you sleep on it.

However, the DreamFoam retains the quilted top. Because of the latter, the mattress feels more solid and put together. When sleeping on it, moreover, the quilted top does not 'catch' the blankets so you can freely move around at night without moving the blankets and without getting stuck on 'sticky-foam'.

Overall the mattress feels well made.

~*~ Sleep ~*~

DreamFoam states this is a firm mattress. Firm, to me, should almost bounce up your butt when you lay down on your back with almost no perceivable give in the mattress. This should not be taken that a firm mattress should be hard, just that it should give very little.

This mattress is not firm in that sense and would be more accurately described as being a very light firm to firm-soft. As mentioned above, I am around 200 lb and 6'1". When laying out my back, my butt will sink in slightly as well as my shoulders. After turning over, my hips sink in far enough (about 2-3") to allow my ribcage to rest on the bed. This means I wake up with a sore side and my lungs constricted a little. There was some soreness after the first night of sleep.

My quality of sleep should be taken in the context that I come from sleeping on a wood board that has a 2" foam topper on it. I am used to sleeping on a very very hard bed. For the latter I sleep much better. However, I can say with this mattress that it offers the support similar to friends' and families' beds that cost between 1-2k. Futhermore, even though it does hurt my sides a bit--I do not like less than ultra-firm beds--I did sleep on it voluntarily for several nights after the first. It is an outstanding mattress for the price and convenience.

~*~ Setup ~*~

The mattress is double-boxed and wrapped tightly in plastic. After getting the mattress out, you do not have to worry about opening it up on the actual bed frame. The twin bed weights around 25 lbs--as mentioned above--and is easily maneuvered to its final place. The plastic does not have to be cut. There is a seam that can simply be unglued by hand so watch the knives!

Inflation was complete around 12-16 hours. The initial smell was almost non-existent and fades very quickly.

---------------------------

For a very long time I was looking for a sub 100$ twin mattress with the convenience of being able to be shipped to my house. However, there were not enough reviews on the few mattresses that met this criterion and you want to be sure with a mattress. If buying a 2nd mattress, DreamFoam would be the first one I look to for a budget-friendly mattress for use in a bunk bed, kid's room, or guest room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in the USA and excellent quality., January 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We ordered this mattress for my daughter's room. I had to do a double take when we were getting it though, because the 'quilt' in the name made me think I was ordering a comforter or something. So in case anyone is like me and just want to be sure, yes this is a memory foam mattress, without a box spring :)

It came vacuum sealed and rolled up, so I was expecting the worst. However after a few hours, it came to it's full height. It is nice and firm and since I usually lie down with my toddler when she is going to sleep, I love it myself. I was worried for a minute that she would think it's too hard, but it's very comfortable.

The clincher is that this is made in the USA. For the price and quality, that can not be beat.

For parents out there thinking about getting this for a child- you can use the mattress without a box spring, or with a box spring. We were looking for a more Montessori type room, which is why we went with this mattress without the box spring. As with all mattresses for kids, I recommend getting a waterproof mattress pad.

All in all, I wish this company all the success! Satisfied customer here!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!, May 12, 2014
My daughter's father bought this for her and her new big girl bed (different amazon account). We both were leery when the box arrived. But were pleasantly surprised. It puffed up fully within an hour and is very comfortable for our nightly for bedtime stories. She is very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, March 13, 2014
These beds are so comfortable I bought 5 in total. Great price and quality would recommend to everyone who's in need. My kids has good night sleeps every night now. Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars "A problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it."--John Steinbeck, March 19, 2014
CodeMaster Talon (Orlando, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This review will give an overview of the DreamFoam Bedding Ultimate Dreams Twin Mattress, as well as address some concerns/questions that I've seen posted on the item's Amazon page. Here we go!

SET UP/MATERIAL CONSTRUCTION/QUALITY: As noted in other reviews, this mattress comes rolled up in a tight plastic cocoon. After removing the many layers of plastic, the mattress unfolds and regains its shape in about an hour at room temperature. There is a slight odor that dissipates if you air the mattress (outdoors preferably) for a day or so. This mattress is constructed of 100% polyurethane foam, using the CertiPUR standard. That means:
--Low VOC emissions
--Made without phthalates or formaldehyde
--Made without PBDE flame retardants, heavy metals, or ozone depleters
Basically, if you're not going to splurge for one of the organic, chemical-free mattresses out there, this is the next-best choice, as far as my experience extends.

USE: This light, shallow mattress without springs or coils is really best for a bunk bed, dorm room bed or guest bed. I will report back after six months and update the review with any long-term concerns. There's nothing wrong with it, especially for the price, but foam mattresses tend to get a little hotter that spring mattresses and there are definitely fancier versions available. This is just a good, made in the US, low-cost choice.

Why the four stars instead of five? The inflated retail price. This mattress sells for the Amazon "sale" price all the time on direct websites. This a JC Penny-style "sale". The Ultimate Dreams is a good bargain in and of itself and I don't appreciate the chicanery, which is totally unnecessary. If they fix that, I'll up the stars to five.

GRADE: B+

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, February 28, 2014
I recently purchased bunk for my 2 and 4 yr old kids and was looking all over online for the perfect mattress. I believe this was the best choice. Most bunks recommend 6 inch or less mattress, but that just seemed too thin. This mattress is 7 inch and very comfy. I look forward to laying down with my kids at bedtime, and I don't have to worry about sneaking out of bed when they fall asleep because memory foam doesn't make any noise when you move:) I ordered the set of 2 twins and they arrived very quickly via fedex. very fun to watch expand, we were all amazed. There was no weird smell that some other online boxed mattresses claimed to have. Love that it is made in USA also!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, May 28, 2014
Worth the price! I bought this for my LO as her first bed mattress. It's low enough for her to climb up, and safe if she rolls off. We just have it on the floor. It seemed a little small for a twin, but we're used to thicker mattresses. Twin sheets fit fine if you tuck under the extra material.

5.0 out of 5 stars soft & supportive, March 4, 2014
Great product for a great price! This mattress is soooo comfortable, soft yet firm. I recommend this product to those looking to upgrade their mattress. The cherry on top is that it is made in America!!

3.0 out of 5 stars was hoping for better, June 2, 2014
comfy but need box spring or slates for twin size, it sinks into the frame with out. after getting slates for support it has worked well. shipping was crazy because it came to life right before our eyes.

Rate and Discover Movies