Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 10, 2013
The Charger:

Good: This charges two PS4 controllers. So, the product works as advertised. And the charging color notification system works well (orange for charging, blue for fully charged)

Awkward: It can be difficult to get the charger onto the USB plug, and once it is on, it does not feel very stable. If you have one controller already on, it is very easy to unplug it while putting the second charger on. So, the unit is a bit awkward to use, which adds some hassle to what should be a simple plug-and-walk-away experience.

Bright: The blue light it emits is VERY bright. It seems about as bright as the light on the back of the PS4 controller itself. And it is always on. The only time it "dims" is when you are charging and it turns orange. This makes the device something you likely won't want to put near your television. In my case, the layout of my apartment makes it very difficult not to have the light shine into my bedroom, which is distracting at night. Placement of this device is a major key to enjoyment.

Overall, it works as advertised, but has some annoyances that keep it from being a device that just works.

Chat Headset:

This is a basic chat headset. I like it better than the buds that came with the PS4, but this is largely due to buds being uncomfortable or somewhat painful for me to wear generally, and so I always prefer bud alternatives. I wouldn't say sound quality is significantly better than the buds, but if you prefer a headset style this is an inexpensive way to achieve that.

They work exactly as described, with an on-board mute and volume which is very handy. Quality is fine for basic voice chat during games.

USB Cable:

There is also a 10 foot micro-USB cable included that you can use to plug in your controller and play from across the room, should you run out of charge mid game. You can also use it as a long distance charger should you not want to use the actual charging station included with this bundle.

Final Summary:

Overall, none of the individual items are incredible. However, they all work as advertised, making this a great intro bundle for basic functionality. There are higher-end components available from other manufacturers, but you'll also pay more for those than you will for this package.
on May 4, 2015
I bought this mainly for the charging station but also needed a back up headset. The dock has a blue light all around the base when it is plugged in also when you place the dead controller on it that half shows a red glow instead of blue until it is charged. made the mistake of putting in master bedroom and it is not very conducive to sleeping. The headset works great but I have found my head is entirely too small and it digs into my ear but fit my husbands head perfectly (he has a rather large head). also the wires break very easily on the headset by the ear piece as well as the plug in. the clips inside the microphone boom broke so instead of having limited rotation it can now turn freely which added to me liking it as the mic was at a strange angle and not for either ear for me.

all in all I would purchase this again if the need arose.
on June 5, 2014
I can honestly say I jumped the gun on this purchase: You get what you pay for; you'll be better off purchasing the officially licensed PS products separately even if you pay more.

The quality of both these items feels a bit cheap, the charger is awkward to use and feels like the controllers sit precariously balanced, almost on the brink of dropping or damaging them, the light it emits is almost ridiculously bright. The headset is ok, but not much more, sensitivity and clarity of the microphone as well as sound are just average.
on January 30, 2014
We've only had this item for a week. I bought it for my boyfriend that had purchased a PS4. The headphone/mic is okay but my boyfriend favors the bluetooth style of small and light over big and bulky. The charger is why I'm giving four stars, works perfectly and the bright light emitted is an awesome way of knowing whether or not your controller is ready.
on December 27, 2013
Charges up the ps4 controllers up nicely, an led on each side for controller show you when its charging in red and when its charged in blue, head set is an upgrade Fromm the one Sony gives you with the ps4 and a 10ft micro USB is nice just in case you need to charge while you play...
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 22, 2014
Ok, so I got this Feb. 2, 2014 and was quite excited to get it, I mean what a deal, right?! The pretty blue light is lovely..... When it wants to work. At first the charger worked beautifully but, over the course of a week I noticed my controllers charge getting weaker and weaker until it was just unable to hold a charge for longer than 15 minutes. The light on the charging station not sits at a blue / red state whenever I plug it in now (well, not now because I stopped using it). I'm plugging the cord directly into the console and charging it from there now . The duration of the charge seems to be improving so, I don't think any long term damage was done to the battery. Now for the headset:

At first this was a nifty little head set, not much wear and tear if you are just putting on your head and taking it off - which is all I ever did. In the beginning, sound was pretty darn good and the mic nice and loud / clear but, over the short amount of time the volume in the earpiece has diminished and I can only hear clearly when there is no background noise.

You get what you pay for but, I strongly suggest you save a few more duckets and get something that is long lasting, durable, non-damaging and hardy.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi Jamilah,
Thank you for leaving feedback for our Charge and Chat bundle for PS4. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with this item. Please understand that technical defects, while rare, can happen and that all of our products come with a 120 day warranty. Rest assured that we are happy to work with you to resolve the issue. Please allow us to be of help in this matter by calling the dreamGEAR customer support team at 877-999-3732. Our hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm PST.
on December 29, 2013
Its very hard to plug the PS4 controller onto its correct position to start charging it, then its quite impossible to plug the second without messing the first one.
The led signaling work as advertised at least...
on February 11, 2014
The headset is a very nice basic chat headset. It fits comfortably on head and the foam ear pad is also lightweight and does not block out sound from the room or your tv/av speakers. The volume and mute controls also work flawlessly.

As others may have mentioned make sure you fine tune the audio settings in your PS4 system settings to achieve proper volume through the headset.

I'm not as happy with the charger itself. It can charge two controllers at a time, but I hate that the light on it stays lit AT ALL TIMES. It is very bright and really it only needs to be lit when you are charging or have a small led indicating power, but this is just my personal preference.
on February 2, 2014
It was exactly what I was looking for..my husband really loved it..it was a great Christmas gift...he was so excited
on December 5, 2014
Didn't use the charger set at all because I already had one, but the headset works perfectly with awesome voice sound. Good idea for a gift for someone whose planning on getting a ps4.