5.0 out of 5 stars Growing towards perfection
Published on November 7, 2008 by William Masten

2.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressive.
I must say I'm disappointed. Their previous album, Pressure The Hinges, was MUCH better in my eyes. The screamer has completely changed his singing. He now sound far more evil in his singing and they use him WAY more than the other guys, whose voices are still very good.
Published on October 27, 2008 by John Minor

5.0 out of 5 stars Growing towards perfection, November 7, 2008
This review is from: Dreamer (Audio CD)
I only recently got into Haste the Day, with the cds "Burning Bridges" and "When everything Falls", which I know are old but i just bought them and fell in love. I was kinda excited when this new cd came out, but almost hesitant to hear how they progressed. I know most bands take a turn for the worse around this point in their developement, but not HTD. This cd is, for lack of a better word, amazing. HTD has grown past the throaty growls and short choruses with cool riffs, into a full caliber metal band. This cd has it all, blood pumping coherant screams, catchy choruses, and mind blowing riffs that go on for days. This is a great cd for old fans and to make some new ones. Very impressive and a must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome CD, October 15, 2008
This review is from: Dreamer (Audio CD)
If anyone has ever followed Haste the Day, they know Jimmy Ryan was the first lead singer. He now screams for Trenches. Stephen Keech is the bands second lead singer for HTD, he sang on Pressure The Hinges and the new one Dreamer. He's really good, but no Jimmy Ryan. Even with these changes HTD continues to provide the metal community with some awesome metal. This CD continues the NEW HTD with some hard hitting music. After Jimmy Ryans depart, and hearing Pressure the Hinges, I thought they would start to become a softer metal act, but no. Even with the singing, this CD is still hard and will attract all Haste the Day fans. If you liked Pressure the Hinges, you will love Dreamer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid effort, hitting harder, November 30, 2008
This review is from: Dreamer (Audio CD)
This record is definitely an improvement over Pressure the Hinges, which sounded too much like what you hear on rock radio. The vocals are more brutal, and Stephen Keech does a good job of balancing gutteral screams with clean singing vocals. All I want to convey is for anybody who wrote HtD off after PtH, give them another spin with this one. While it's not the same band as when Jimmy Ryan was howling into the mic, I actually think that some of the tracks on this record exhibit their best musically to date. Check out the song Haunting - it demonstrates what I've mentioned in this paragraph.

And this music is not for fans of Keane or Emery. Nothing like it. Whereas those bands can fit neatly into radio playlists, Haste the Day cannot because the vocals and occasional breakdowns are too brutal to be radio friendly. I repeat, there is no Keane or Emery here. If you don't remember anything else you read today, please don't associate HtD with those people. And putting Underoath in the same list as Keane is sacrilege.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Many Are Better, March 15, 2010
This review is from: Dreamer (Audio CD)
Of all the changes over the years since they formed, they've actually gotten better. Often times a band releases their first album, fans get attached, and then members leave. The sound changes and we get disappointed. However, Haste The Day is the exception. Dreamer is the best they've yet released: production, song writing, musicianship, you name it. A great all around album. They've tweaked their sound in such a way as to distinguish themselves from Pressure The Hinges, yet without a total reinvent. They didn't miss a beat changing to a 4 piece. The only complaint is that the run time is too short. A classic album. Hopefully Devon will return for the next release. Devon's drumming is tight and flawless. Dreamer is a must have if you're into heavy music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamer (DE), April 1, 2014
Love haste the day, my favorite album, and its the same price as the standard one so... you get three extra songs for free. buy it and support these guys :3

5.0 out of 5 stars Great band great album, February 16, 2014
This review is from: Dreamer (Audio CD)
this is currently one of my favorite cds. Haste the Day has made some great transformations over the years that Ive been listening.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album., April 21, 2013
This review is from: Dreamer (Audio CD)
Bloody brilliant. If you like Pressure the Hinges or Attack of the Wolf King, Dreamer is a must-have. Great, heavy metal sound with plenty of meaning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shorter songs but has more "edge", June 9, 2009
This review is from: Dreamer (Audio CD)
Compared to pressure the hinges this album seems quite short but its still very good. The vocals are a bit harsher sounding with more growls but the guitars aren't as good as pressure the hinges. Theres no solos! Not that that means BAD album or anything but I was hoping for more. Alongside that the songs are so short. I would have hoped for a few more songs since most of the ones they did add seem way too short. The theme of the album seems to be sin and how we as Christians need to stay awake and not fall asleep in our walk with God. Thats evident in songs like "babylon" which showcase lyrics "pick up the pieces as they fall" and "wait for our God to return!"
Other tracks are heavy but lack that punch that pressure had. Yes its harder but heavier isn't always better. Still I find myself enjoying this album so don't think I dislike it. The new singer is very good but I would say its not as "intense" without jimmy. If you want his vocal style check out trenches. If you dig Christian metal this record is still very good but not as long/or as epic as pressure the hinges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Creative, January 22, 2009
This review is from: Dreamer (MP3 Music)
This was a very good album, btw- they are awesome live.
I was a little skeptical at first with "68" the screams were, evil almost.
But the song turned out to be really good, only getting better with a sick breakdown.
Throughout the album they demonstrate improving lyrics writing, especially in "An Adult Tree"
Double bass is really good this album. I'm not sure why alot of HTD fans don't like this album. Bands change, and in my opinion, their change if for their benifit, even though the sales don't show it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Fan, Again, November 14, 2008
Jack Jack (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dreamer (Audio CD)
What can I say? This album is great. I honestly didn't think they can make a great, more-less good, album after Jimmy left. I remember seeing them live with the new vocalist, and I can't say I dislike it, but it wasn't near anywhere as good as Jimmy was. I love the previous albums Burning Bridges and When Everything Falls. Those were awesome albums. But since the release of Dreamer, I've fallen in love with them again. Haste the Day, nonetheless, has always been great musically, but Jimmy was a huge part of why Haste the Day has been so successful and unique. All things aside, Stephen proved me wrong. Good Job. This album is a must buy if you dislike all the generic deathcore/death metal bands out there.

Dreamer