Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

Size: 40 Loads, 53-Ounce|Change

Size: 40 Loads, 53-Ounce|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We have been using Dreft for our newborn's clothes with very good results. The quality is excellent, I don't notice any smell after washing. Mother's milk, formula, spit up, and other stains have come out well on low temperatures. The recognized gentleness of the product is a plus as well as the special formulation for babies, which adds confidence for us, the parents.

We still do have questions about whether the premium price is justified as compared to fragrance-free, sensitive-skin versions of the big mainstream detergents. This is an issue we plan to explore and experiment with in the future.

However, judging this product on its own merits, it performs very well. If research reveals that a sensitive skin version of All or Tide does just as well for baby, I plan to update this review.
Size: 40 Loads, 53-Ounce|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Some of the powder detergents leave white residue, or don't fully dissolve. This is one is great-laundry is clean like with liquid detergent.
The smell out of the box reminds be baby powder scent, but fully disappear after laundry is done (out of the dryer). there is no scent whatsoever unless dryer sheets are used.
For regular loads I used recommended amount (not that much) and clothes are clean and colors stay bright.
My baby has no skin reaction also.
Size: 40 Loads, 53-Ounce|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There's no baby in my house, but I used Dreft hoping to find a mild detergent that would get my clothes clean without irritating my sensitive skin.

With Dreft, I hit the jackpot. So far, I've tried it on loads of both light and dark clothes, a load of white towels, and a set of sheets and pillowcases.

Each load was medium size, with "light soil" (actually no "soiling" at all) so I filled the scoop to Line 1 (the scoop comes in the box). Result? Clean, fresh-smelling clothes. (The soft-scent mostly faded after the dryer cycle.) Big Bonus: NO skin-itch or irritation, which is just what I was looking for.

Since Dreft worked so well on adult laundry, I feel comfortable writing that it will clean your baby's clothes beautifully, and won't irritate their sensitive skin.
on May 10, 2014
I reviewed this before...no idea why its back, but...here I go again. I was introduced to Dreft as a wonderful stain remover when talking to an older friend who told me how she found it and it worked for her grandchildren. She was a religiously life-long fan of 20-Mule Team Borax-which I also became and use it as a detergent booster and multipurpose household cleaner. My young children were pros at staining their clothing and just about anything or anyone else who was within 12" inches of them! The baby diaper and undershirt stains were Renaissance works of art! I was totally frustrated and bleaching not good enough (well, back then anyway). I began adding Dreft to the loads and the stains lightened or dissolved. They also smelled really good. There were no allergic reactions either.It was good for "delicates" as well. I began using it on all the clothes and have used it since. Each box has a scoop for convenience inside. All I can say is it works for me. Pricing was right, packaging was secure, and delivery was fast.
on October 13, 2013
I can't find this powder anywhere locally and always have to purchase it thru Amazon. My bra specialist recommends using this for washing my pricier bras and it's soooo much less expensive than what Intimacy et al sell their brands for!
VINE VOICEon May 13, 2011
Size: 40 Loads, 53-Ounce|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
"Dreft Ultra Powder Detergent", 40 Loads, 53-Ounce; I used this in my Top Load Whirlpool Smallstack washer/dryer and had to use half the soap per load that was recommended and it worked just great. Deft removed the dingy from my all my clothing. I did not have to use any presoaking extras that I would normally use. My old soap was hard on my clothing and skin and this was neither. I thought the non-scent for babies was best for my very sensitive adult skin but made a clean freshens feel on the materals.

Just a reminder to those using the small machines that the instructions to this type of machine recommends less detergent according to the machine manual. I hope this helps.
Size: 40 Loads, 53-Ounce|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Don't let the glossy pink box and faint scent of baby powder fool you. Ultra Dreft packs a punch and really does an exceptional job cleaning soiled clothing. Our whites appear brighter and the clothes are not over-saturated with fragrant residue and other potential irritants, indicative of a number of laundry detergents currently on the market. My family had been using a grocery store generic detergent before trying this brand, and the difference is noticeable. Ultra Dreft's powder is soft, light and pleasant; much like the clothes feel after being washed with it. The packaging with a photo of a mother holding a newborn may suggest that it would not be effective on clothes worn by grimy adults, but Dreft gets the dirt out and restores fabric freshness. The concentrated formula goes a long way.

Given that it is the "#1 choice of pediatricians", I can only assume that this detergent would be a wise choice for those with sensitive skin and allergies. It makes sense to use a detergent that can effectively clean babies' clothes, which from my experience can get far dirtier than the average adult attire. BTW, my wife loves the soft pink packaging. It's not jarring like so many other offerings in the laundry aisles.

The one drawback I find is the price, but you supposedly can use a third less on the same amount of clothes. It usually stands on the top shelf of the laundry aisle, so it seems to be a "top shelf" product. In this case, you get what you pay for, quality detergent.
on September 24, 2012
Size: 40 Loads, 53-Ounce|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We've used Dreft for our children from day one based upon a nurse's recommendation while taking new parent classes. The general consensus seems to be that most detergent contains harsher chemicals that not only make clothes rougher for soft baby skin but might also contain chemical irritants that are not healthy for a young child that has no physical tolerance for artificial chemicals yet.

Granted, we accepted all this on faith and because new parents tend to be extremely cautious. I've no idea what research is out there to actually back any of this up but, if you want to be extra mindful of your young child's health, Dreft is certainly a laundry alternative worth considering.
VINE VOICEon May 10, 2011
Size: 40 Loads, 53-Ounce|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Most people know that Dreft is marketed as a gentle detergent, pediatrician approved for babies. But I've discovered that Dreft is also great for people like myself who struggle with allergies. Depending on the season, there are times when I cannot even walk down the cleaning aisle at the supermarket. Dreft is a perfect alternative to the fragrance heavy detergents. I want my clothes to smell clean, not like a rain forest or a flower garden. Dreft has a pretty strong odor of baby powder coming out of the box, but it dissipates in the washer. Your clothes come out of the dryer smelling of a very faint powdery scent, but it's almost undetectable.

This is a concentrated form, meaning that you can use 1/3 less of the powder per load. Sometimes I wonder if there's really a difference when a product is labeled as an "ultra" version of the original, but in this case I can say it's true. I accidentally measured a full scoop when washing some towels, and the foaming action was crazy. Depending on how many loads you're washing per week, this stuff could last a good while.
on March 8, 2014
I have tried many different detergents without perfume, etc., all supposedly for sensitive skin. I keep coming back to Dreft powder, the powder is preferable to the liquid. Dreft powder is the only detergent that doesn't bother my skin and still cleans well.