Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on July 31, 2008
I have always wanted a Dremel tool, so this seemed like a good kit to start out with. The 55 Accessories does not mean 55 different kinds, there are as much as 5 as some of the accessories, so there's only a choice of about 12 to use.

I got this for two specific tasks that I could not do with any other tools, and the included accessories were enough to get them done.

Task 1: Hedge trimmer with hardened steel blades. Supposedly it never needs sharpening, but after 5 years it has become dull. I used the Aluminum Oxide sharpening stone, and the 8 speed, and a little finesse, and it is cutting better than it did before I sharpened it.

Task 2: I had several nail heads/screw heads in wood work that were not flush, and always bothered me. I used the cutting wheel, and it took care of them pretty quickly. Minor burns on the hardwood floor from hot pieces of metal falling off, so make sure you put something non-flammable underneath.

This is a useful tool for small spaces where you can't get a regular grinding wheel, saw, angle grinder, or drill to fit.

As you own it, expect to buy more accessories.
on March 7, 2009
I used to have a cordless dremel mini mite, and I use my corded power drill with a variety of attachments for all kinds of large and small tasks, but this week I bought a Dremel 300 with some cutting blades and the power saw attachment. I tried them all out working with my son on his Pinewood Derby car. I love this tool. The power control and variable speeds are far more useful than "hi - lo" and provide a range of control that makes it a pleasure to perform different tasks with a range of attachments. The tool itself is easy to hold, light and does not transmit vibration back to the hand. It is the right scale for work I have forced onto drills and power screwdriverrs with mixed results. This is really one great little gadget.
I do have one quibble; the plug is weak. I deliberately chose a corded model, and I am glad I did, but that means extension cords (don't use a cheap indoor house extension cord, use a a construction rated cord!). I had to try several extension cords before I got one with a snug fit on the Dremel plug, that did not come loose.
on January 11, 2009
This tools comes in handy more often than you think. If you are handy around the house, you'll often find yourself with a situation where you need to cut, sand, or grind something in an awkward position. That's where this tool comes in. It's worth every penny.

I recommend using the tool in small bursts because the Dremel will get very warm. If it stays warm for too long, there's a risk of damaging the brushes inside the motor. Let it cool off regularly.

I also recommend wearing hearing protection when operating the Dremel at high speeds. Too often we use tools and we forget about our ears.

Great product and Amazon sells it lower than Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, everyone else.
on August 1, 2009
I bought this dremel tool a few months ago. It was fantastic. A great tool for grinding, cutting, and smoothing very precisely and accurately. The more I used it, the more I wondered how I managed all those years without one.

Until....

The spring loaded spring-lock release button on this model is plastic, not metal. This means it will quickly wear out, and you won't be able to change bits. It'll work for a while, but then you'll have to buy another.

Their customer support is pathetic.
on January 4, 2009
This is my first Dremel. I went with this one after reading some of the poor reviews on the wireless models about lack of power, poor torque, short battery life, etc. None of these problems are issues with this model. OK, so you have the cord, but I haven't found that to be a big problem for the sorts of applications I do.

I've used it around the house for everything from cutting metal, sanding wood, to grinding my dog's nails. So it is capable at both the high end and also the low end delicate work. Multi-speed function works great.
on October 30, 2008
I have two 45 lb. Huskies. I saw the commercials for the Peticure and the Pedipaws, and thought they were a great idea. After looking into them, however, I realized they wouldn't quite work for my girls. The cordless versions wouldn't have enough power to do both dogs before running out of power, and other reviews I'd read said that both of these were made of less than quality materials.

So, I looked around on the 'net for a Dremel branded tool. Dremel also makes a set specifically made for pet manicures, but again, it's cordless, so it wouldn't get through both dogs before having to be charged.

I found this set, and it's been perfect. I introduced it to them slowly, using lots of treats, and they hardly wriggle at all now. It works beautifully, and I highly recommend it for anyone who has more than one medium size or better dog.
on February 8, 2009
This comes with exactly as advertised. the carrying case comes with space for a lot of accessories. this Dremel is great for all kinds of projects. the only thing i did not like it that it did not come with one bit i needed. but this is not a big deal as it was only 2.37 at Walmart. One warning to everyone, buy a pair of safety glasses. the bits/discs can explode when they break and you don't want any little pieces of them flying into your eyes.
on November 16, 2008
This product is perfect speed for all my needs:

-- At the office to sand down patient toenails.
-- At home to drill, sand, cut stuff.

I love the increased number of speeds. I still have an original Dremel that works; at that time one had to go to Radio Shack to purchase a solenoid to control the speeds for different jobs. My father, a physician, got quoted $800 for that back in the 1970's.

This is an A+++ product.
on August 8, 2008
There are better comments are out there than I am just adding to.
1. A product that does all it implies and more.
2. Fantastic finishing tool.
3. Pays for itself in a month if you have lots of projects.
4. Fantastic TOOL recovery tool!
on November 9, 2015
I've used this for everything from buffing my Golden retriever's toenails (it's quiet enough at low speed), to cutting out flooring and cabinetry to make way for exhaust vent pipes. Kind of like a mini Sawzall. And the number of accessories available for this is amazIng. Is there anything you can't do with a Dremel? What did I do before?