- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
The 4000 variable speed rotary tool offers the highest performance and most versatility of all Dremel rotary tools. The increased strength of its motor plus electronic feedback circuitry delivers consistent performance at all speeds. The slim ergonomic body provides a 360-degree grip zone for control in any position and the separate on/off switch and variable-speed dial allows convenient speed adjustment and maintains a selected speed. It uses all Dremel accessories.
Whether for carving or engraving soft or hard materials, Dremel offers the right accessory for every application. Use high speed cutters for shaping, hollowing, grooving, slotting and making tapered holes in soft metals, plastics and woods. Tungsten Carbide Cutters are recommended for shaping, smoothing and material removal on hard materials such as stainless steel and cast iron. A variety of engraving cutters suitable for both soft and hard materials are also available to tackle every project.
Grinding/ Sharpening/ Sanding
1.6 amp with Electronic Feedback
Superior performance that auto adjusts power and speed as needed.
Integrated nose cap wrench allows for fast accessory changes.
For maximum accessory versatility and precise tool control.
Accessory and Attachment Compatibility
Can be used with all Dremel rotary tool accessories and attachments.
Flex Shaft Attachment, Circle Cutter/Straight Edge Guide, Sanding/Grinding Guide, Multipurpose Cutting Guide, Shield Attachment and Lawn Mower and Garden Tool Sharpening Attachment.
- Carving/Engraving: 107 Engraving Cutter, 191 High Speed Cutter, 194 High Speed Cutter.
- Cutting: 420 Cut-off Wheel (x4), EZ409 EZ Lock 1-½ inch Thin Cut Cut-off Wheel (x2), EZ456 EZ Lock 1-½ inch Cut-off Wheel (x2), EZ476 EZ Lock 1-½ inch Cut-off Wheel (x2), 540 1-¼ inch Cut-off Wheel, 561 Multipurpose Cutting Bit.
- Grinding/Sharpening: 541 Aluminum Oxide Grinding Wheel (x2), 932 Aluminum Oxide Grinding Stone, 8193 Aluminum Oxide Grinding Stone, 84922 Silicon Carbide Grinding Stone.
- Cleaning/Polishing: 405 Nylon Bristle Brush, 428 Carbon Steel Brush, 442 Carbon Steel Brush, 421 Polishing Compound, 414 Felt Polishing Wheel (x3), 429 Felt Polishing Wheel, 423E EZ Lock Cloth Polishing Wheel.
- Sanding: 511E EZ Lock Finishing Abrasive Buffs 180 & 280-grit, 512E EZ Lock Finishing Abrasive Buffs 320-grit, 407 1/2 inch Sanding Drum, 408 1/2 inch 60-grit Sanding Band (x2), 432 1/2 inch 120-grit Sanding Band (x2), 445 1/2 inch 240-grit Sanding Band (x2), 411 3/4 inch 180-grit Sanding Disc (x2), 412 3/4 inch 220-grit Sanding Disc (x2), 413 3/4 inch 240-grit Sanding Disc (x2).
- Miscellaneous: 150 1/8 inch Drill Bit, 401 Screw Mandrel, 402 Mandrel, EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel, 481 3/32 inch Collet, EZ Twist Nose Cap, Wrench.
|4200 Series||4000 Series||3000 Series||9100-21|
|Speed Range (RPM)||5,000 - 35,000||5,000 - 35,000||5,000 - 32,000||0 - 23,000|
|Electronic Feedback Control||✓||✓|
|Number of Speeds||Variable||Variable||Variable||Variable - Foot-operated speed control|
|Separate On/Off Speed Control||✓||✓||✓|
|Accessory Change System||EZ Change||EZ Twist Nose Cap||EZ Twist Nose Cap||Wrench|
|Kit Options||4200-4/36, 4200-6/40, 4200-8/64||4000-2/30, 4000-3/34, 4000-4/34, 4000-6/50||3000-1/24, 3000-1/25, 3000-1/31, 3000-2/28||9100-21|
best deal ever found on best dremel model in years. buy it even if it's not the new model. this does it ALL.Published 5 days ago by jennifer powell
great kit, includes the ez twist nose cap and the ez grinding disk thingPublished 6 days ago by Tim Payne
The Dremel is the industry standard for high speed rotary tools. I cannot speak to the longevity of this tool because I have not had this particular model for very long, but my... Read morePublished 7 days ago by DL
The product has improved over the years, a very useful tool. Lots of add-ons (some useful some just for fluff). Read morePublished 8 days ago by Eugene Ghiglia
Dremel used to be a trusted name with quality products. Extremely disappointed in my most recent purchase of this tool. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Scott Truax
Haven't had the opportunity to use it much so far but love the features I've been investigating.Published 16 days ago by James Lehman
The tool and attachments work well. The cheaply molded case kinda sucks, nothing stays in place or snaps in or fits well.Published 16 days ago by Greg