4.0 out of 5 stars handy to have
These are great to have around so you don't have to carry a drill with you. Make sure you have the 4486 Chuck first, though.
Published on December 1, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Awww...how cute
Published on November 30, 2012 by Stephen C. Richie

4.0 out of 5 stars handy to have, December 1, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Dremel 628-01 7 Piece Drill Bit Set (Tools & Home Improvement)

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable bits, but nothing special, July 12, 2012
I bought these at a local hardware store so I'd have some bits suitable for my Dremel. They work just fine. I don't see anything wrong with these bits per se, but they don't seem to be anything particularly special. They seem like a safe bet since Dremel is branding them, and the price isn't that bad, but personally I'm going to end up buying a larger set of high speed bits anyway so I can have a more precise range of sizes and some smaller bits.

As others have said, these and any other drill bits practically require that you have the Dremel 4486 MultiPro Keyless Chuck, which is something that lots of people recommend using with other accessories anyway. If you want to deal with a bunch of different sized collets then go for it, but I haven't been able to find any advantage to using collets with these instead of the chuck. I just use the chuck for everything and never use the collets.

A bit of a bonus (yea bad pun) with these bits though: the little case that these bits come in will fit very securely in a slot on the "crows nest" (accessory holder) of the Dremel 220-01 Rotary Tool Work Station drill press attachment. That makes it much harder to lose them should you happen to have the 220-01.

No matter what you're doing I'd bet you're going to want some sort of drill bits for your Dremel. These are fine for the average Dremel user, but if you need smaller sizes and more intermediate sizes then you might want to consider other options for high speed rotary drill bits before buying this basic set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little bits to the rescue., August 11, 2006
ztiger (Weirton, WV United States) - See all my reviews
I got these bits just to have them around and they sat in one of my dremel cases for about 8 months. but then I was caught in a delima with a project. These little bits on the end on the flex shaft saved the day and the entire project. These things have gotten a lot more use since. I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and convenient, March 28, 2010
Richard Kim (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I was trying to make holes in leather with a regular drill. The holes were ragged due to the slow speed of the drill. Frustrated, I then tried making holes with my Dremel and the results were much better, quite acceptable. The high speed doesn't give the leather a chance to "catch" on the drill bit. Very handy!

Requires the set of collets or a chuck to use all of the bits.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awww...how cute, November 30, 2012
I'm a Dremel fanatic, but two of these TINY bits broke the first time I tried to use them--one on a small piece of antler, and the other on a 1/4" Fimo (vinyl) bead. The size selection should be ideal for tiny projects, and the little case is convenient, but in my experience, the bits are just too fragile for anything but styrofoam or maybe lightweight plastics, in which case you could probably just use a heavy needle or pin. I bought this set for two specific projects, and it failed on both.

I'd rate it lower, but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because maybe user incompetence is to blame...and at least they didn't bend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality bits in a convenient carrying case, April 4, 2013
I purchased this drill bit set along with the Dremel Stylus Rotary tool and they work very well with it. The carrying case is a little difficult to get open initially, but after a few uses it starts to loosen up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Precise, March 16, 2013
These bits are very nice. I'm no expert, so I'm sure I'll get some flack from some pros here, but I use these bits for everything. I haven't done metal, but I've done wood, leather, plastic, plexiglass, and others. The drill beautifully.

5.0 out of 5 stars They work. They make tiny holes., January 15, 2011
Got these 8 years ago along with a Dremel 4486 MultiPro Keyless Chuck, and they're still all good. Some of the thinnest ones bent a little and wobble now, but they still drill. If you need to make small holes, this drill bit set is great. Just be sure you have the 4486 chuck so you don't have to fiddle with collets whenever you change bits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have only used for wrapping coils, April 25, 2014
These are great to throw in a rebuilding kit for e-cig RBA's and the like. I ordered two sets, and will probably order a third.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, May 17, 2013
Knight-Lee (Oceanside, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
Great add on tool to an already great tool and works very well, its a Dremel and made in the good old USA.

Dremel 628-01 7 Piece Drill Bit Set