5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what it does
I bought this attachment to cut holes in 5mm marine plywood for inspection port hatches on a boat I was building. The attachment worked extremely well, cutting a perfect, clean hole, with no wobble and no raggedness in the cut.
Published on June 11, 2007 by RichardL

3.0 out of 5 stars Dremel Circle Cutter
The Dremel Circle cutter is a handy accessory to the basic Dremel tool, and it is adequate for the job for which I purchased it.
It is cheaply made and rough and a bit awkward to use. It is also cheap in price, so I cannot complain too much.
I value tools, and would have paid more for a better tool, and would been more satisfied.
In sum, it does the job,...
Published on March 11, 2011 by John F. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what it does, June 11, 2007
This review is from: Dremel 678-01 Circle Cutter and Straight Edge Guide (Tools & Home Improvement)

3.0 out of 5 stars Dremel Circle Cutter, March 11, 2011
In sum, it does the job, and I am being fussy.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, March 28, 2008
Works as advertised. I've only used on 3/4mdf and it takes a very, very long time. I have to make a shallow pass, then lower bit and make next pass and do this about 4 times. BUT it is very accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dremel Circle Cutter - All Pluses but Two Caveats, October 4, 2011
Karen (New York City) - See all my reviews
This circle cutter is well made as all other Dremel products and does the job. However, remember that this is still a Dremel tool attachment and not a router. This means doing a rough cut of the circle first as you would with a router and increasing the depth gradually in multiple passes. Otherwise, the tool will chatter and may ruin your cut. What I also like about the tool is that it makes smaller circles or holes (since it can be tweaked to do both) which the Jasper circle cutters do not do. The method I used was to rough cut the circle inside the line, of course, using a jigsaw but leaving a 1" bar across the diameter to support the pin for the center of the circle. After cutting halfway into the MDF, I sawed out the support and finished the circle with my router and patterning bit. This worked very well. Good luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars drywall holes are easy, February 25, 2010
Makes cutting drywall holes sooooo easy.

just the sizing is a little confusing and I would have to do a test on a piece of paper first to see if the size was right. (just dab a little marker or paint on the bit and do a circle without the device on, on a piece of paper then overlay the paper to see if the size matches up.

I recommend it, makes a nice addition to dremel

4.0 out of 5 stars Used it a few times, September 15, 2009
So far I have only used this in soft materials (ie plastic) to cut circles. I used it to make some cat litter boxes out of plastic storage boxes, and used it to make some cut-outs on some rain barrels I'm making. It seems to work fine so far-- though like I said I haven't tried it on other things like drywall and wood which I plan to do in the future. Useful little gadget.

4.0 out of 5 stars needs a pilot hole, but works perfectly otherwise, September 27, 2009
I bought this item to cut some circles out of acrylic. To have it work correctly, you'll really need the center pin to be very secure, and in my case with acrylic, I drilled pilot holes. Fortunately, I needed those holes anyway for my project. But it cuts very nice circles, and for the price, I have no complaints. I wish that I had this tool for earlier projects.

3.0 out of 5 stars it is just okay, December 11, 2012
it does cut Ok, but if you try to cut a deep cut (about 1/4 inch of more) the cut groove gets clogged with the cutting dust and either heats up or jump out of the cutting pattern

3.0 out of 5 stars Accurate measurements?, May 8, 2011
While it does cut circles nicely, it is not good for cutting smaller circles (25 - 50mm) as there is no way to accurately measure them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts perfect circles in sheetrock., March 14, 2013
Used this circle cutter to cut 11 holes for new LED Disk lights. While the circle cutter works perfectly the instructions say to keep the dust out of the dremel tool when cutting holes in ceilings. I ignored the warning at first and after the 2nd hole the dremel tool would barely spin. I blew it out with a air compressor and it seemed OK. I then took an old washcloth, cut a small hole in the center, draped it over the dremel tool and attached the circle cutter. This kept most of the dust out of the dremel tool. Note: This is not a fault of the circle cutter but just a issue with cutting upside down into sheetrock.

Dremel 678-01 Circle Cutter and Straight Edge Guide