Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Size: Glossy Exclusive Paper|Change

on November 26, 2011
I primarily use my dremel for small metalworking projects. Firearms, knives, auto parts, etc... Not as precise as doing it by hand with files, but when I need to move a fair amount of metal, I use the dremel for the rough work and then finish up with files. Individually the accessory bits are around $4 each at your local mart type store or home improvement warehouse store. I lost my sanding barrel and my grinding stones had become severely worn. So for the same price as those 3 items separately, I got them and some extras by purchasing this kit. The same kit is available locally but for a few dollars more. So by purchasing it here I saved a few bucks. Plus I pulled the plastic insert out of the case and now have a container for my collection various dremel bits. I was glad it came with an abrasive buff and cutoff wheel They work great, but get used up fast so I hate buying them. The only item in this kit I don't regularly use are the sanding discs. Sooner or later the occasion may arise.
on March 13, 2015
For the price this isn't a bad kit. I wanted one that was geared towards grinding only as it's what I needed it for. The small tipped, fine point grinding stone is crap. The second it touched metal the tip snapped off. Thankfully it didn't damage anything and I was able to work around it, but just be careful and make sure you're wearing eye protection when using these of course.

That's the main reason I gave this item 3/5 is that the bits feel cheap and the one broke already. The tan colored grinding stones aren't bad and do a decent job, but I ended up using the cutting wheel more efficiently to grind with than the stones. They seem to grind down to near useless fairly quickly. I picked up a Dremel brand tan grinding stone for <$5 locally and while the one piece is half the price of the entire kit, it's lasting much longer than the ones in here which is odd considering the same manufacturer made both.
on September 12, 2009
This is one of the accessory kits that I ordered with my new cordless Dremel. They are perfect for my needs. I am a beginning sculptor and am using these bits to help me shape my soapstone pieces. They make short work of cutting through the tough stone.

I also intend to use these attachments for household repairs, refinishing furniture and general cleaning and polishing.

I would insert a photo of one of my sculptures but don't see a way to do it here!

Dremel DRE686 Sanding/Grinding Kit
on May 4, 2015
I have a WEN 2307 rotary tool, which I bought to do knife-work and other things. I was primarily interested in sanding and grinding a sharp edge on knives, even making a knife down the road. This is the best deal I have seen, for less than $10, you will have almost everything you need with top bit tools from Dremel. If you want to save money on buying bits, there is no need to wait any longer. Buy yours now!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2015
This kit is great! If you buy these bits separately, you'll have a lot invested. I've used the bits from this kit more often than I ever expected to.

It really has a great assortment of Dremel bits.
on January 27, 2015
This kit has what I need for the amount of sanding and grinding I do, which isn't much. This kit will last a lifetime for me based on how long the grinding wheels last. The genuine Dremel grinding wheels are much better than the Chinese knock-offs. The price keeps it from getting 5 stars.
on April 5, 2015
I am gluing shells to some ceramic wear I just removed from the kiln. Its now cooled down and I need to "etch" up the surface. These sanding/grinding tools are perfect for some gentle abrasion so the shells will stay in place.
on May 31, 2015
Sanding/grinding surfaces wore out in less than 10 minutes. One tool rotated in the drill and the sanding surface didn't move at all. I recommend a purchasing better quality product that will last long enough to complete the project you need this for.
on January 6, 2015
Worked great with my Black & Decker Rotary Tool. My ridiculous rotary tool had a bit that was all one unit. i had to call Black and Decker customer service. They had to send me additional parts (for free) to screw in the top so that I could use these attachments. Everything works great now.
on September 19, 2012
If you bought these one at a time, it would cost a lot. But this kit saves money and has some of the items I use the most. I use the sanding drums to sharpen the mower blade and the stones are perfect for bad touch up spots on the car or even small ones that have started to rust. Just one accessory is $3 or more at Walmart.