5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised
Simply put: This mandrel permits very quick changing of attachments (typically cutting disks). One note of caution: cutting disks are easy to change, but when changing them, be careful of the temperature of both disks and the mandrel itself!
Published on December 30, 2007 by William B. Dwinnell IV

I found its not very smooth to put on and off abrasive buffs, pressure spring might be a cause. I think it needs improvement.
Published 23 months ago by Iharasan

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, December 30, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a start!, March 3, 2009
This review is from: Dremel EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel (Tools & Home Improvement)
This is dremels new quick change mandrel for their rotary bits. I have one and it works great, you can change cutters in 3 seconds, the problem is there are too few options to accomodate this new mandrel. There are plenty of old style 1/8" shank bits/cutters/burs ect.. but none are interchangable with this one. They have diamond cutters, carbide cutters and aluminum oxide cut-off disks for this mandrel but thats about all. I see no way to manufacture heads for say a router bit or grinding bur. Just my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade for an older Dremel, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Dremel EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel (Tools & Home Improvement)
This is the mandrel you need to use the new "EZ Lock" attachments on an older Dremel unit. I love mine and can say it works just like it is supposed to. BTW, price online was much cheaper than buying from a large home-improvement store.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a deal, April 28, 2011
This review is from: Dremel EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel (Tools & Home Improvement)
I ordered the Dremel EZ544 1-1/2-Inch EZ Lock Wood Cutting Wheel and needed one of these locks to make it work. Best $2.99 I've spent in a long time.

No instructions but easy to figure out and does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but lubricate if squeaking., January 9, 2011
This review is from: Dremel EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel (Tools & Home Improvement)
This shaft allows you to cut at a slight angle with your wheel blades. I had to cut angles in over 25 floor tiles. I used the EZ545 diamond wheel and cut the tiles in water. After like 15 cuts I reallized the cutting slowed way down and my Dremel motor was getting hot. Just like a universal joint this shaft has moving parts. When I moved the collar up and down I noticed that my EZ Lock shaft was squeaking. Therefore I greased it with high temp brake grease and followed it with some WD40. My cut times for my tiles were immediately faster with no resistance. WD40 alone would probably do fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now you can change out your dremel heads in a snap, without your wrench., October 14, 2013
This review is from: Dremel EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel (Tools & Home Improvement)
I just bought a new Dremel after leaving mine behind in one crazy heck of a move. When I bought new heads for it, I realized some of them required the EZ lock mandrel to be used--the best ones did. If you buy a Dremel set with several tools, this may already come with it but my new Dremel did not have it. And really, it's something you'll want.

This allows you to change out the heads on your Dremel in a snap--no special tools, far less time. And that can be a huge bonus if you are working on something creative, which I do all the time with my Dremel tool. Heck, I use it for everything from cutting spurs grown too long on my rooster (he doesn't feel it, but he sure feels inconvenience in walking when they are too long!), to doing creative cuts in wood, to doing fast trims when putting reclaimed wood up on a wall, and more.

Quite frankly, I use it quite a bit. And time is money, so in my mind this pays for itself in one day of Dremel use. Not only that, but in my opinion Dremel is moving towards heads that only use this--some of the best ones can't be used without it so it is simply not only a better way of using the Dremel, but for many of us, a must-have.

Simple. Easy. Saves Time.

Enough said with that alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap, but very handy!, December 13, 2013
Michael J. Greener (Thomasville, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dremel EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel (Tools & Home Improvement)
This is one of the best Dremel gadgets ever hatched. It eliminates the thread-on style, lets you twist on any accessory that has the matching hub. Very handy. Also a little spendy, but what the heck, we all want easy, right?

5.0 out of 5 stars by Dremel, December 14, 2013
This review is from: Dremel EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel (Tools & Home Improvement)
Very well made and finely crafted. The took saves a lot of time in change overs due to it's design.

2.0 out of 5 stars I found its not very smooth to put on and off abrasive buffs., February 27, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOO much easier!, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Dremel EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel (Tools & Home Improvement)
I had one of these for my dremel and lost it and had to replace it IMMEDIATELY! It's about 100x faster putting on cutting wheels, etc. with this attachment (of course you have to buy the EZ lock discs, etc) There's no screwing and unscrewing, just pop your choice attachment on and pop it off. Hold great.

Dremel EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel