Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Drift Innovation HD170 Stealth Action Camera with ..." and save 42% off the $349.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Drift Innovation HD170 Stealth Action Camera with HD Recording, 4x Digital Zoom and 1.5-Inch LCD Screen (Black)
- Highest quality professional HD video in 720p or 1080p with 170 degree wide-angle lens
- Integrated LCD screen so you can line up the perfect shot, preview footage and share with friends
- RF remote turns camera on and off while on your helmet or outside your vehicle. Saves batteries, memory and edit time
- Night mode for optimal low-light performance. Digital 4X zoom
- Ability to shoot in 60 frames per second for buttery smooth, professional quality slow motion video
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||2 x 1.3 x 5.2 inches|
|Item Display Weight||160 grams|
|Item Weight||0.4 pounds|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||12 month warranty for manufacturers defects|
|Shipping Weight||1.46 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
Drift HD170 Stealth Product Features:
The Drift HD170 Stealth is the worlds first sports action camera which films in full 1080p HD and has a built-in playback LCD screen and remote control. This rugged water resistant camera is the first camera that gives people what they want from an Action Camera.
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1080p High Definition
- SD Memory Capacity: up to 32GB
- Digital Zoom: Digital x4 (in 720p/30/60fps & WVGA mode)
- Lens Angle: 170° Fully Rotatable Wide Angle Lens
- LCD Screen: 1.5″ Colour TFT
- Water Resistant
- Remote Control: Wireless RF (5m range) Hands Free Video and Photo
- Audio: Built-in Microphone & Speaker
- Menus: User Friendly Control Panel in 15 Languages
Drift HD170 Stealth Contents
- HD170 Action Camera
- Remote Control
- Handlebar Grip
- Goggle Mount
- Head Strap
- Helmet Grip
- Universal Clip
- Velcro Strap
- Industrial strength velcro adhesive pad
- Component Cable for HD playback on TV
- USB Cable for downloading to a computer
- Lithium Battery
- Quick Guide to get started
|Field of View|
Full HD 1080p
1920 x 1080
25 / 30fps
|127 degrees||To capture the action in the highest resolution available.|
Action HD 720p
1280 x 720
25 / 30 / 50 / 60fps in 720p
|170 degrees||60 or 50fps is perfect setting to capture the fastest action. It allows you to render the video in slow motion if your editing software allows for that effect.|
848 x 480
50 / 60fps
|170 degrees||When space on your card is at a premium and you need to record that last epic adventure.|
Still Photo 5MP
2592 x 1944
2, 5, 10, 30 sec
|Still Photo or Sequence Mode. A sequence of images can be used for a timelapse video.|
- Sensor type: CMOS
- Water Resistant
- Video resolution: 1080p, 720p & WVGA
- Video format: H.264
- File format: .MOV
- 25 / 30 / 50 / 60fps in 720p or 25 / 30fps in 1080p
- Video format: 16:9
- Lens Rotation: 300°
- Recording Angles: 127° in 1080p, 170° in 720p & WVGA
- White balance: Auto
- Exposure: Auto / Manual (advanced users)
- Zoom: Digital x4 (in 720p/30/60fps & WVGA mode)
- Remote range: 10 ft. range
- Built-in Microphone
- Inputs: Optional External Microphone
- AV Output: HDTV out (cable included)
- Battery: 1110mAh rechargeable lithium-ion/ Optional 1700 mAh Li-ion rechargeable.
- Power-Save option saves batteries by powering down the screen
- Built-in memory: 32 MB
- SD memory capacity: Supports memory cards up to 32 GB
- Photo resolution: 5 Megapixel
- LCD screen: 1.5″ colour TFT
- Lens focal range: 0.5m to infinity
- Dimensions: Camera – 133 (L) x 50 (D) x 33 (W) mm / Remote Control 52 (L) x 40 (W) x 13 (D) mm
- Power: Camera – DC 3.7V / Remote control: DC 3C, 1x CR2032 battery (included)
- RF: Receiver (Camera): 433.92MHz ISM band / Transmitter (Remote): 433.92MHz ISM band
- Weight: Camera – 138g / Remote control – 19g
- Operating Systems: Compatible with Windows 7, XP & Vista; Mac OS 10.7
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 2:29 Mins|
What's struck me is that the real value of this camcorder is its combination of a rugged and durable design with its versatility. It's emphasized for use with extreme sports - but it's useful pretty much anywhere you wouldn't risk another more fragile camera. It's water and weather resistant - not water proof - so you could use it in light rain, maybe even during a hurricane if it was securely mounted, but certainly in extreme conditions where you'd be worried about a standard camcorder.Read more ›
The thing I like about it most is the ease of use. The menu is like any other PAS camera instead of hieroglyphics like the GoPro and yes I have the LCD on my GoPro and it's still a pain to use. It does take great video but no better than the drift.
I love that I can adjust the mic on the drift and pretty much turn it off if I want to and I can add a remote mic. I have one but have yet to use it. No more clanking from the mount like the GoPro either.
The battery outlast the GoPro and it seems to have great video compression. Long videos have pretty small file size. I took a 48:00 video and it was just under 3 gig.
About the only thing I don't care for is the helmet mount. I haven't used it yet but it's not that clean of a mount, I do like the GoPro better for that. I wound up putting a RAM ball on mine and that's pretty much all I use. All and all I love this thing.
Thinking I just had a dud unit, and given the quality of picture, I decided to go through the Amazon returns process and had a replacement shipped out.
Amazon were excellent in how they dealt with the return and replacement. No complaints on that front (Drift on the other hand, took more than a week for their Support people to reply to my emails to tell me that it was faulty and then they passed the buck back to Amazon).
Replacement unit arrived today and upon switching it on I notice the picture is absolutely stuffed, making everything look like a psychedelic music video from the 70's. Back to emailing Drift Support. This time I won't wait for a week for their response. If I haven't heard back by tomorrow it's on it's way back for a refund this time.
You really have to ask yourself where is the quality control? Does Drift not test each unit before it's packaged?
Two cameras and two different problems straight out of the box.
It's disappointing because the Drift is the only one of the top 3 (GoPro/Contour/Drift) that offers external mic and reviewing screen facility.
I won't risk another replacement.
Looks like I'll be switching my allegiance to one of the other two brands.
UPDATE: Received a GoPro HD this week and most impressed with the quality of build and the video taken to date.Read more ›
The camera comes with a lot of stuff: several mounting devices (handlebar, head, goggle and helmet), rechargeable battery, USB cable (that allows charging the camera by computer) and a remote control. As with most cameras today, a separate memory card needs to be purchased. While I settled on a 16GB card, the Drift HD170 can handle a 32GB card (SD and SDHC). With options of 1080p and 720p, one may also see the need for more computer storage capacity. Other, not so cheap, add-ons are available for the DRIFT (longer-life battery, external microphone, underwater case, etc.), but I felt the silicon cover protecting the door that houses the battery, computer connection and memory card was the only essential add-on for my needs. My camera arrived the day before a snowboard trip so there was an eagerness to quickly get it ready for use. Opening the box, I was initially a little taken-back by the camera's size, it is little bigger in person.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I really love these drift camera's, we have 3 and use them all the time, I like the features of the Drift video cameras over the GoPro's and I like the Idea that I can use any... Read morePublished 2 months ago by M. Worrell
Aerial video filming
DJI Phantom 2, without gimbal
Drift Innovation HD170 Stealth Action Camera with HD Recording, 4x Digital Zoom and 1. Read more
love the way it attaches to the helmet but you cant see if it is on or off. would be nice if you could have small tv mount to handle bar to see what you are recording.Published 17 months ago by Patrick
Nice action camera, especially for the price. I like the preview window and the remote makes it easy to start and stop while active. It's not completely waterproof. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Gregory C. Steiner