Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Catit Drinking Fountain Replacement Carbon Filter Cartridge for Fresh & Clear Drinking Fountain - 3-Pack
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

This fountain beats any of the competitors. The filters, however, don't last any longer than other types, but they do contain more carbon than Petsmart's. One will easily last 6 weeks if you rinse it once a week. Easy to install and really purifies the water. Good invention!
on June 28, 2007
This has to be the best thing I have ever bought for my cats, and mind you I have 7!! It only took them a couple of days to figure out what they prefered, to either drink for the sphere or just the bowl. And if you have Persians, let me tell you, they will love you for it always. They usually choke on bowls because they barely have a snout, their faces are pushed in and flat. This is the best thing for this gorgeous breed of cats and if I had one thing I would change, it would oly be to make the pumps available for replacement since they get dirty quickly and if not careful, they will stop working.

Otherwise, this is my favorite buy EVER!!!!
on June 13, 2007
The title and picture are both wrong, its just the 3 pack of filters, but the price is right. The filters work as advertised. With 2 cats you're looking at about 2 to 3 weeks per filter.
on June 5, 2013
These catch anything that goes through them, but there are small gaps at the ends and top that some stuff goes through which allows it to get into the pump. They also don't get the pink slimy buildup.
on November 16, 2013
This is the filter for the truly great Catit Drinking Fountain, which is a super product!

I have decided to add the following to all my reviews:

Beware! Some "reviewers" will trash a product for no reason simply because they are paid to or because they sell competitive products. Other "reviewers" will give products - that they have never seen and never used - glowing 5 star ratings - for a fee. Some honest reviewers do not understand what a product is for or how to use it and will trash a product simply because they are just plain dumb.
on June 22, 2007
I've tried the "big 3 brands" of water fountains and the same complaints with all of them, impossibly hard to clean! Even with the cute little brushes provided for some. Too many corners and places for that slime to hide.The Catit fountain completely comes apart and has no corners for slime or dirt to hide in. Even large handed people will find this product a breeze to clean! Included with my catit fountain was a hard rubber (plastic) cord protector so cats can't chew on the cord. This is the best fountain I've found.
on September 7, 2015
We replace about once a month. We have a cat population between 3-10 at times because we foster. On top of the cats, we also have a dog that uses the water fountain. We have a couple of water fountains but this is the main preferred one and the filter gets pretty nasty if you leave it longer than 1 month. I'm sure if you have a smaller crowd at your house, you can go even longer in between filter changes!
on April 11, 2013
I had difficulty setting it up to flow properly and called the help line and was assisted by a very nice, very patient lady. It works very well, cleans easily and my cats had no difficulty getting used to it. I add water every day or two from a cup to the fill line to keep it flowing properly. It makes no sound.
on May 9, 2013
Out of the many types of water fountains we have had for our pets over the years, we like the one that uses this filter. Sadly the water fountain is apperently no longer made and we have had to look for alternative places to buy the filters. Easy to clean, if you wish to do so instead of just tossing them every month, and we have extended the use of a single filter by a couple of months of use.
on June 16, 2013
I'm not sure how to leave a review for a "supply item" but I guess I'll try. These filters fit exactly like the ones that came in the package with the fountain...which makes sense as they are the same brand. Buying them here is a real deal if you're getting free shipping.

See 1 answered question