Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 3, 2011 9:02:42 AM PST
Lance Lust says:
Did anyone else feel that drinking the Horcrux was kinda lame?

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 10:48:44 AM PDT
The liguid was not the Horcrux. It was a cursed liquid to protect the Horcrux. Drinking it was the only way to get it out of the bowl it was in.

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 7:42:39 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 18, 2011 4:47:30 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 12, 2011 7:58:36 PM PDT
Lance Lust says:
"WHO IS R.E.B. ????"

No clue as to what you're talking about.

So, the drinking was just a contrivance to make Dumbledor a bit more heroic?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 6:53:26 PM PDT
C. Osgood says:
Did you read the book? The movie doesn't have time to explain these things as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2011 12:20:51 PM PDT
Lance Lust says:
No, I haven't. In fact, I just started listening to the 1st on CD.

Did anyone here know that the original Harry Potter wasn't "The Sorcerer's Stone" but rather "The Philosopher's Stone"?

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 4:08:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2011 4:08:38 PM PST
Hazel says:
Yes, I knew the original title was The Philopher's Stone, but I'm from Europe, so I bought the UK edition.
I assume you have listened to the whole book, so you know by now what it is. And it is not something J.K. Rowling invented, but something she borrowed from traditional alchemy, as is Nicholas Flamel. (Although the reality of it is a very different matter, of course ;o) )

If you are interested in the background of the myths, and legends that J.K. Rowling borrowed and adjusted, and what she invented herself,
The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter (revised edition) is a fun book.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 8:12:43 PM PST
Lance Lust says:
"The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter (revised edition)"

Holy hippogriff, Batman! Of course I am definitely interested. I'll be requesting that one from my library. Thanks! (I've always wanted to know where that stuff came from.)

BTW, I am to their 6th year and I have to say that Joanne Rowling has got to be my favorite author; she's got one heck of an imagination! How she integrates already known myths into her own is genious.

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 7:35:02 PM PDT
Hazel says:
Hi Lance,
Yeah, I totally agree, she is great! And I'm still discovering things, and sometimes think "Wow, did she put this in deliberately?" and then "Of course, she must have!"

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 9:57:04 PM PDT
Lance Lust says:
Now I completely understand why Voldemort had that potion, can't believe I didn't get it before. He's evil, and that's one heck of a horrible way to get to one of his Horcruxes. Although you'd think that he'd have made it harder with the others, too.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 6:29:33 PM PDT
Lance Lust says:
Speaking of horcruxes... SPOILERS...

In the scene where Tom Riddle is asking Professor Slughorn about these elusive Horcruxes, did anyone notice the ring on Tom's finger? In the book it is said that the family that Voldemort's mother came from was kin to the three brothers, and that when Tom was just learning about magic at Hogwarts, he made a visit to the home of his mother's and Dumbledor felt that that was when he made his 1st horcrux. Would it stand to reason then that that ring was a horcrux, and thus Voldemort's FIRST horcrux? PLUS it held the resurrection stone, did it not?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 3, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by David Yates (DVD)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (1,325)