Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Size: 5/8-Inch by 20-YardsChange

on January 24, 2014
This stuff is awesome, easy, and shouldn't take a long time to iron. I found out the hard way that the first couple of feet of the roll is a plastic wrap to keep the real stuff from unraveling. Yes, it takes a really long time to get the plastic to stick. No it doesn't take long at all for the Stitch Witchery to stick. The results are that my shirt is half hemmed with the plastic wrapping and half with the Stitch Witchery. Note to other Newbies: UNWRAP THE YARD OR SO OF PLASTIC FIRST :) Laugh with me if you hemmed your stuff with plastic too.

Plastic wrapping = black magic, Stitch Witchery = white magic. Don't go to the dark side.

I used it on a silky feeling polyester dress shirt.
1010 comments216 of 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2010
I have zero sewing skills and just got fed up with the whole hemming process. So I heard of this stuff from a family member and thought I would give it a try. Stupid easy to use and amazingly is holds even after numerous hot water washings!
0Comment106 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2011
Great for use on fabric that might be difficult to sew, or might pucker when stitched. I used this on charmeuse and polyester. Works great.
0Comment50 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2012
Following the instructions that came with the tape I had a really hard time getting it to melt. It worked much better when I did the following:

Turned up the iron as high as it would go (linen setting)
Use a wet/very damp (not just damp) press cloth
Press for at least 20 seconds

Once I figured out how to make the damn stuff actually melt by using the above instructions, this worked great. I used it to hem a pair of curtains.
33 comments92 of 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2010
I hate sewing, so purchased this when a hem on my dress slacks got loose. The product did not stay tight all around the hem but has not come loose after 3-4 washings so I'd use it again if needed.
0Comment34 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2015
Don't give up! The first curtain I hemmed took me four tries. I started following instructions: damp cloth, wool heat setting, 10 seconds. Did not work at all.

My second curtain came out great the first try and here is what worked for me: sprayed with water from the iron, used cotton heat setting, held for 15 seconds, and I held an additional 10 seconds on the corners. Then do the other side and be sure not to check on it until it's completely cooled.

Good luck! Once you figure it out it's very easy to use.
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2012
The thing does work. I mean, we just got it to melt and we are assuming it will hold a pants hem decently. However, instructions did not work at all with a pair of khakis. We had to put double strips and use a piece of paper instead of a cloth to iron on top of in order to let enough heat to pass. Oh, 10 seconds? We needed to rounds of 30 seconds to get one set of stripes molten enough.
0Comment30 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2011
This tape works really well. Sometimes you have to place a couple of strips to get it to really stick and pass the iron several times but in the end it works well and avoids the marks of homemade sewing.
0Comment28 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
Being short and also fat makes buying clothes very difficult and having a tailor do all of my clothes would get extremely expensive. The Dritz 222 5/8-Inch by 20-Yard Stitch Witchery, Regular help me tailor fit all of my clothes.
on August 2, 2012
If you want to hem (shorten) your pants but do not have a sewing machine, this would be an option but not a long-term solution. I bought because I have few pants which are a bit too long for formal occasion, and I have no experience with sewing. It does not stay on certain material that well as others, but I did manage to use this on all three pants in slightly different fabric, and it stays after wearing them walking all day long for few times without washing. However, after first wash, some of them fell apart. I would not recommend this on something you wear daily and wash frequently, but I found it useful for me to do a quick and easy hemming on something I occasionally wear.
0Comment23 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse