Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on September 12, 2004
This was my first EJD book and it will most certainly be my last. For a work of fiction to be engaging, the characters either need to be people you can relate to or people with which you can empathize. EJD provided neither. Unrealistic chatacters (what man with Driver's vocabulary would refer to the police as, "Po-po," what multi-millionaire's wife would work in his limo company as a driver and what person becomes a multi-millonaire with a limo fleet of five cars, even if he does come from a slightly wealthy background?), gratuitous sex scenes, unbelievably cliched dialogue and an improbable ending make this an awful novel.
on August 13, 2004
The main character name "Driver" is the only interesting point driven in the book. I had to force myself to continue in order to seeif you was going to drive home a point. It didn't happen. There are too many characters with animal "names". Male characters are not your strong point. You seem to know more about women. You try too hard to made men so manly until you miss how sentitive they can be. Jerome under acknowledgements, you foreget to mention your best, best work "The Other Woman". How could you forget that book. You have a lot of work to out do the "The Other Woman". Now get going! You can't just sell books because you are "Jerome". You did the same thing with Naughty N Nice, whatever it was called. A waste. So my advise to the readers as I told my family and friends, DON'T BUY!!
on October 16, 2006
I couldnt even get past the first chapter without stopping for a few days before I started again. And when i did continue to read it didn't get any better. As a matter of fact it got worst. I wouldnt recommend this book to anyone else. I'd rather watch mariah careys GLITTER.
on January 13, 2014
I was very disappointed in this book. I had read one of Eric's book and loved it. So, I ordered this one and was very disappointed.
on August 14, 2004
I really loved his books such as The Other Woman (WHICH WAS/IS OFF DA HOOK) AND LIAR'S GAME. But I am beginning to think after reading Drive Me Crazy that EJD seems fascinated with LA's black scumbags who are low down dirty, conniving and backstabbing or getting their hustle on by any means necessary. Or perhaps he is trying to cash in on the contemporary black fiction interest in writing urban centered fiction with people getting their hustle on.

I do hope his next book gets away from the Thieve's Paradise/Drive Me Crazy characters who to me are believable but at the same time are stupid folks who have assorted issues! The man character Driver put himself in a bad situation dealing with this low class main character chick yet he seems to put her as the bad person (excuse me hello fool you took the money, dreamed of a rich man's life with your jailbird mentality and slept with her not realizing this broad was more twisted then a pretzel).

The other assorted women in the book are of low quality yet Driver seems to be attracted to such women. Driver seems to have love for his gay brother but his love is at a distance with his homophobic mentality (courtesy of his dead preacher daddy). Everyone was Driving Me Crazy when I read this book with all their assorted issues and drama!!
on August 19, 2004
I struggled with this book from page ONE- I found that strange since generally, I start an EJD novel and read it non-stop.

This book took me a week and a half. I felt compelled to finish it since I had paid the full price for a newly released hardback book. It is filed with intense violence. Lie after lie coupled with MORE violence. The characters were not fully developed; I hated nearly everyone in the whole book with the exception of Sid. Who could like Lisa??? Panther telling Driver that she could be any kind of woman that he wanted her to be?? That statement alone set the women's movement back 25 years. I was ok with Rufus for a while, but come on he soon followed all the others in the book and went downhill.

Where is the man that wrote Friends and Lovers, The Other Woman, and Cheaters? Is he gone forever??
on December 31, 2010
I have never received the book driving me crazy by Eric Jerome Dicky. Therefore
I cannot review it. Please research and find out why I have not received it.

Thanks.
on July 20, 2004
I don't know what I was reading.I wish I could go back and get my MONEY.If anyone feel the same please let me know.