Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Drive I-95: Exit by Exit Info, Maps, History and Trivia 4th Edition
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 30, 2003
The authors of this great guidebook have obviously spent a great deal of time on Interstate 95. They've checked out all 420 exits from Massachusetts to Florida from both directions. The maps in the book are easy to read, and include detailed, color-coded info about services and attractions at every exit. Speed limits are indicated in varying shades of gray. You can tell at a glance how fast you should be going on any stretch.
One of the best features of Drive I-95 is the information about offbeat attractions not far off the road. If visiting the supposed birthplace of the hamburger is not exactly a destination, it can sure reduce the tedium of a long drive. So might the amazing laundromat in Maryland the Posners describe, where you can play pool while your shorts dry.
I-95 is one of the most heavily traveled roadways in North America. Thanks to the Posners' book, it can now also be one of the most enjoyable ones.
on October 28, 2003
This book makes a seemingly ordinary highway come alive with fun at the exits along the way. It makes you look forward to your next long-distance drive and eliminates that nagging are-we-there-yet syndrome. Stan and Sandra have done an amazing job conquering the challenge of including a vast amount of information in a friendly manner and with a clear layout for easy use. You just want to read their entertaining guide book with practical and unusual maps before and during the trip, to plan ahead, to stop, rest and enjoy the journey and not just the destination. An immensely useful and enjoyable book for many trips to come!
on December 13, 2003
Drive I-95 (Third Annual Edition) by travel experts Stan Posner and Sandra Phillips-Posner is very highly recommended for its in-depth reference to the traveler of the far eastern American States. Knowledgeably written and drawing from their more than 175,000 miles of car trips together (including travels with their children), Drive I-95 is a superbly organized companion to the traveler searching for lodging, fine/unique restaurants, interesting landmarks, relevant and fun facts, and an overall enhanced vacation. Whether for day trips, weekend excursions, or extended vacation or business trips, Drive I-95 is an informed and informative, thoroughly "user-friendly", and innovative I-95 oriented east coast travel guide and resource.
on March 5, 2011
If you are traveling down I-95 for a day or more - get this book! We drove I-95 from Boston to Orlando and back during 2 weeks in February. We purchased this book on a whim before our trip and ended up using it more than the maps/GPS and Trip Tix from AAA. The dining recommendations are great - and we felt we got a true 'taste of the south' just by driving through. The book was also real helpful in finding clean and full service rest stops for the kids. All around this book injected some fun and GREAT FOOD into what could have been a boring trip.

Some excellent meals we had directly because of this book were found at:
New Ideal Diner, MD
Clark's Restaurant, SC
Stormin' Norman's BBQ, NC

Thanks!
on July 15, 2010
The Drive I-95 book was invaluable on my 2600 mile round trip from New Jersey to South Carolina to FLorida. It had all the information at each exit which was completely accurate and we were able to choose where we wanted to stay and eat many miles before arriving at that exit. I recommend it to anyone traveling I-95.
"We have spent the past eighteen months entrenched in this road: researching about it charting it, driving on it and then getting off 420 exits in 11 States - twice - once South and then again going North. The pleasure of meeting so many friendly helpful folk in all those towns has made this project a joy, and we discovered the delight of local regions and many layers of the country's history on I-95." ~Stan & Sandra

Driving along a freeway, you are sure to miss interesting stops as you whiz by the exits. In this book, you can enjoy finding attractions in Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

"Exit 10: Furlong's Cottage Candies - Stop the car! You are about to pass a 90-year-old homemade chocolate store. They are famous for stemmed cherries dipped in fondant and then milk or dark chocolate." ~ pg. 55

Many of the locations include information about places like where to find a Krispy Kreme or Hotel, but there is much to love about the writing in this book. Unique stories about fun places for kids, like FunWay on Exit 9 in Massachusetts may give children something to look forward to and you might want to read the information and then go back to the map and circle "Funway Café" so you remember to stop at this location if you have kids riding in the car with you.

Places of Interest on this trip include:

Ava Gardner Museum

Abingdon Manor - gracious dining along the way

The Smallest Church in America

Prime Outlets Darien - Shopping along the way

Reading this book started to make me really hungry for pizza. They describe restaurants and spend a lot of time talking about the places to eat along the way. Directions are given to get to Timothy's Ice Cream for hand-churned ice cream. The writers investigate gourmet hot dog joints and comment on antique centers and museums.

Lots to enjoy even if you are an armchair traveler dreaming of getting out on the open road with your favorite music.

~The Rebecca Review
on March 21, 2005
I was so excited to order this book. I guess I expected more of a guide book than it is. You do get listings of what is at each exit to the Florida border on 95- but I was hoping for some reviews(especially on the many many hotels along 95) The most info given on a hotel is if it serves scrambled eggs for breakfast-not if it was clean-or what services it has. Mobil travel guide would have been a better choice for me. Also it reads a little off. The maps in the front representing your trip down to Florida run from the bottom of the page- up(vs going from top down as you are driving) I found this slightly annoying. On the plus side, they do list a few off the road attractions and give a little history along the way. I guess for $20 I expected more.
on February 6, 2013
This book was perfect for our trip. Everything was exactly as described, I received it quickly, and it was packaged very well. Very glad to make this purchase. It helped immensely during the long drive. Thank you.
on January 16, 2007
My husband and I bought this book to use on our roadtrip from Connecticut to Florida with our 3 kids, ages 9, 3 and 7 months. We found the book to be helpful in a number of ways. We had some gascards that we got as gifts so we were able to look for the specific gas stations that we needed to use. Most importantly, we were able to see which restaurants had play areas for the kids so we were able to make our stops mini-excercise breaks for the kids. We found the book helpful when we were planning our stops so we could see exactly what restaurants and points of interest were coming soon. This book definitely made our trip much less stressful because we always knew exactly how far things were. One unexpected benefit of the book was; we got stuck in some traffic and were able to use the book, which shows roads running parallel to the highway when available, to get off the highway and take the local routes, which definitely got us past the traffic quicker.
on August 12, 2014
A few years ago we came across version 2 of the DRIVE I95 book while driving from CT to FL- and we have been using it ever since. We even purchased several copies to give as gifts, and they were well received. The older versions had a SOUTHBOUND and a NORTHBOUND map section with interest pages in the middle - the newer version has one map and you use it for both directions - we much prefer the older setup ( plus it wasn't filled with pictures of the authors). We found special places to eat like Willie's Weenie Wagon in Georgia and Summerton Diner and Redbone Alley in South Carolina; the smallest church we ever saw was in Georgia; we used the book to find shopping and tourist sights along the way as well as info on places like Annapolis,for example. WE found a great place to buy knives, another tha sells pots, even a place to have dental repairs. This is a marvelous book - wish I had been given one as a gift years ago too !