Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Drive Medical Pedal Exerciser with Attractive Silver Vein Finish, Silver Vein (Knock down)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 20, 2009
I have had this little pedaller for over a year now and wanted to make a second review.

I originally got this for my mom because she has some heart issues, after years of high blood pressure and diabetes. It will go only as fast as you pedal so she likes how she can take it slow while watching tv, to improve circulation in her legs.

However, if you are a young healthy person looking for a cardio workout in confined space / on the cheap, this is also very effective. Although of course not as effective at burning calories as running outside, if this is what you have to work with, it's doable.

As a note, if you are using this for serious cardio (30+ minutes), I highly suggest buying some ankle weights (3-5 lbs per leg) and wearing them while you pedal - it makes it around twice as hard and is very effective. I bought some weights on amazon with the free shipping option for less than ten dollars.
0Comment| 241 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2009
I was inspired to purchase a pedal exerciser because of the savings it offers from the more costly stationary bike and because it is a viable fitness option for people like me who are sedentary and obese. I have been using my pedals since they day they arrived by mail and love the fact that they come fully assembled, are cost-effective and compact enough to store without dedicated storage space. There are no excuses to everyday movement with this in your household! It is worth the investment and combined with the use of free weights, provides a full body workout experience. The only drawback is that it should not be touched-moved immediately following a workout because it does generate extreme heat and it also shifts around too much to be used on hardwood floors so it is most conducive to the carpeted areas of your home.
44 comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2009
I am a licensed physical therapist asst and I purchased 10 on these bikes at a very affordable cost. I went to many websites, even E-bay
and could not get this item for less that $27.00; I haggled and haggled
with this guy and he simply would not work with me. Then I went to Amazon.com and there she was! This bike has adjustable resistance to strengthen both arms and legs; it is great for endurance traning and
for gaining AROM post knee surgery(PROVIDED MD ENDORSES IT). Personally,
I purchased in bulk for my patients upon Discharge from therapy. I did
not want to pull out unless I was sure they were able to maintain or increase the progress they had made. It is an excellent investment for
anyone; you can put it on the floor for legs or on table for arms and you
can pedal away while you watch your favorite TV programs, work a crossword puzzle, knit, or whatever is your "thing". Because Medicare will not pay for it and I assure you the cost out of pocket is more than
reasonable, I would recommend this bike highly for anyone!(If however,
you are diagnosed with a certain condition you must consult with your MD
about using it, especially those with cardiac precautions.) I give it a 10++.
33 comments| 280 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2008
This exercise bike provides a great lower body workout. I sit on the edge of my bed and pedal for 20 - 30 minutes while I am watching TV. It increases your heart rate the faster you pedal. This bike works my leg muscles more efficiently than my stair stepper.

I definitely recommend this exercise bike for anyone who wants a great, fun workout.
0Comment| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2010
I purchased this little bicycle at the behest of my physical therapist. Due to my multiple medical issues, it is next to impossible for me to exercise. This bike is wonderful for strengthening leg/arm muscles while you're sitting down. If you are thinking of buying this, don't hesitate. The price is great, but your results will be even greater!
on March 21, 2010
My Dad's Occupational Therapist suggested he get one of these, so we ordered this. What a neat piece of equipment. Lightweight and can be used for arms and legs strengthening. Delivery was quick and product is very good.
on January 9, 2011
Got the peddler yesterday and put it together and used it last evening. It's a very substantially constructed item- nothing cheezy about it. Being relatively heavy, it doesn't slide around easily when you use it.

The great thing about it is that it is simple to assemble: two screws attach the 2 feet parts to the peddle mechanism and those screws have nice, large, smooth knobs that you turn to tighten down- no sharp ends or tiny screw heads requiring any tools to try to work with arthritic fingers. Also, the knob regulating peddle resistance is smooth and well-made too. This is a great feature- being able to make it harder to peddle as you get stronger (this way you can continue to get stronger).

Foot peddle straps are nice and large and there's no open peddle mechanism or exposed chain to get clothing caught in- and the peddling action is very smooth.

All-in-all it's a high-quality item, not some chintzy thing and it appears to be made to last. Also recommend anyone with knee arthritis to check out Treat Your Own Knee Arthritis.
11 comment| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2008
Drive Pedal Exerciser Stationary Bike
For the $ - a very good buy. I got this for my mother who suffers with arthritis in her knees - this allows her to sit in her chair and get some non-weight bearing exercise. My only complaint - the pedals are too slippery - whe has had trouble keeping her feet on the pedals - since purchasing I have put a sticky surface on the pedals - and the problem has been resolved.
on June 11, 2008
I love it. The only thing is that it makes a squeeking noise but I can't hear it when I am watching TV and working on the bike. The bike came fully assembled and it is a great workout for when the weather is not good for me to ride a regular bike. Plus I don't have to wear a helmet. Fun to do in front of the TV.
on September 22, 2009
I wanted a compact exerciser that would give me a semblance of an aerobic workout--I.e. elevate my heart rate. This "stationary bike" (Drive Pedal Exerciser Stationary Bike) is anything but stationary. I had to wedge it against a table and then use a strap to try to stablize it. Instead of moving back and forth, it tilted side to side. The workout was distracting because of the instability of the device. I would not recommend it to anyone.
66 comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse