Drive or media not ready? What am I missing? I just installed the VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe, clicked Easy Wizard Mode, DVD, inserted a blank dvd in the drive, and received this error: Drive or media not ready. Check the media/drive and try again.

What am I doing wrong?? The blank DVDs are DVD+RW.

asked by myemerald on April 10, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
It means that the blank DVD you inserted is not ready for some reason. Make sure that your DVD writer supports the rewritable discs. Also did you erase the rewritable disc (DVD+RW) if it was ever used before?

Generally, DVD+RW discs are not recommended for these types of DVD burning because many home DVD players will have trouble reading rewritable discs.
Chopanda answered on April 13, 2011

A
votes
I also have the similar issue with VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe. I inserted three new DVD+R's and got the same message: Media is not blank.
Any suggestions?
Thank you
R. Polin answered on April 1, 2012

A
votes
When you insert a blank DVD into your computer, sometimes Windows will pop up a small screen asking you what you are going to do with the disc. You need to close this message. If you do click on one of the options, Windows may format the disc in a way that is not usable for VHS to DVD software. You need to let the VHS to DVD software handle the disc instead of Windows.
Honestech Customer Care answered on May 3, 2012

A
votes
I love this product and had no problem converting my old family vhs tapes and editing them to make a final product. However, once I was ready to burn, my laptop (Dell with Windows 7) could no longer read discs. It began making loud noises and rejects every disc I insert regardless of format and content. The last time my disc drive worked was when I loaded the Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe software. I have never had a problem with the disc drive until this software was loaded. It doesn't even recognize the Dell Drivers and Utility disc that came with the system. I have tried reloading Roxio, running full system diagnostics with no change or indication that there is a problem.
paul e. griffith answered on May 11, 2012

A
votes
So the software destroys your DVD hardware?
Aaron the honest reviewer answered on August 30, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›