5.0 out of 5 stars Would You Go To Lunch With A Dragon?
I am a big fan of Dragon's Den & Shark Tank, I record every show.
I love the shows' concept and enjoy seeing people make their dreams come true with a little help from the Dragons.

Some of my favorite shows, however, are the episodes about the Dragons themselves.
Published on February 23, 2011 by Alan M & Associates

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book - not a biography
I preface this by saying that I like Robert Herjavec very much.
I checked my bookstore and my library every week for 2 months before coming to Amazon to get this book.
He's a great guy.

Published 15 months ago by Jeff Eskow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Would You Go To Lunch With A Dragon?, February 23, 2011
Alan M & Associates (Vancouver BC, CANADA) - See all my reviews
I am a big fan of Dragon's Den & Shark Tank, I record every show.

Who are the Dragons really? How did they start their careers? How do they conduct themselves in business?

As a business owner and entrepreneur I am always fascinated about the success of others and look for tips to apply to my own business.
When I saw Robert's book DRIVEN for the first time I was very curious to peek inside and discover more about him.
Robert takes you through his thought process as to what it takes to succeed in business.

He offers tips about things you should do in various situations but more importantly he explains the "mindset" successful business people like him have.
I thoroughly enjoyed DRIVEN because it answers the types of questions I would ask Robert if I had the opportunity to have lunch with him.

Wouldn't you like to go to lunch with a Dragon and get the answers to your business questions? Here's your chance!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book - not a biography, April 5, 2013
Jeff Eskow (Shore Points of New Jersey) - See all my reviews
I preface this by saying that I like Robert Herjavec very much.
He's a great guy.

If you asked me what I thought about this book, I'd say it's a great book if you want to know what it takes to be a Great Entrepreneur. Lots of practical insight. Easy to understand without being condenscending. It only makes him MORE likeable, and it lets you really understand his mindset.

If you asked me if this was a great "Biography", I'd tell you absoutely not.
That's just not what this book is.
I was hoping for a chronological accounting of how he built his companies and sold them.
None of that is in this book.

This is a well written book, and if you are looking for "how does the mind of an entrepreneur work" then this is a great book. But just be aware that it's NOT a traditional biography.

5.0 out of 5 stars The missing link to pushing through start up, December 19, 2012
Driven by Robert Herjavec was a purchase made on the spur of the moment while browsing through a bookstore in Abbotsford, BC (Canada) - my second home outside of Silicon Valley. I have been a fan of both Dragons' Den and Shark Tank for quite some time and have been amazed at what deals are presented and how unprepared most people are at their moment of sharing with the world the greatness of their labors (labours)(Yes I am Canadian). As I am an avid reader on anything to do with business, I had purchased two other books (one by Arlene Dickinson (also a Dragon) and the other by Kevin O'Leary (also a Dragon and a Shark)) and when I saw this one by Robert, I quickly leafed through it and thought it might be a good read. Well, to the truth, I did not put the book down until I finished it.

I know most people do not like to write in books, at least that is what I have heard, but in this case, I made notes, wrote in the margins and bookmarked all the places I thought would help me as I launched yet another business. I read about all the things I was doing incorrectly, I read about the things I was doing right, and I read about the unending passion that is key to what you do for your business. I am absolutely ecstatic about this book and am now in the process of reading it again. As a matter of fact, I was not able to add this review to the Canadian site so decided to write it here - this book is a real winner and I am certain to share it with everyone I know.

Robert, you have hit the mark, one of the best books I have read in a long time - full of truths which I hope will help hundreds, if not thousands, of others go in the right direction and be successful in business. I know for sure Rules 2 and 3 are false for me - but what the heck, you can't take the passion out of the entrepreneur at any age.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic principles for new Entrepreneurs, but, August 30, 2013
I recommend this book to anyone considering going into business for themselves. He presents a very thorough introduction to all aspects of what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, and clearly shines the light on what natural strengths you need to have as prerequisite. The ONLY thing I didn't like about this book was his insistence on working 24/7 - really long hours at the expense of weekends, family vacation, etc. And in the context of the book, I felt like the title was decided on by the publisher and so he sprinkled in obligatory pieces to justify the title. I am a recovered work-a-holic and a life long entrepreneur - Successful entrepreneur. I am a living testimony that you do not have to sacrifice family, health, well-being - life balance values to be a successful entrepreneur.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, September 22, 2012
If you love the Shark Tank you MUST read this book. Robert Herjavec describes his rise to wealth. a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone has the drive within, January 17, 2012
aliciaqu (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
Having been an entrepreneur all my life, I resonated with this book a lot. Thank you Robert for being authentic and sharing your secrets to success in business and life.

by Alicia Qu

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are Driven, this will speak to you, January 12, 2011
I am extremely driven and spent my life wondering why I struggled when I was employed by companies... this book not only taught be a lot about myself, but made me realize the true potential I have. I've immediately put this into action and am already seeing huge results.

IF YOU ARE A DRIVE PERSON, THIS BOOK WILL SPEAK TO YOU IN WAYS I CANNOT EXPLAIN... If you would rather be an employee and work for a company your whole life because you value the security it offers, you should save your money. This book should be reserved for the true entrepreneurs in this world.

I loved how it referenced "Shark Tank" as it helped me understand the whole picture much better.

Just got 4 copies of this book to give to friends.

MUST READ!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wow..., March 22, 2014
Sorry in advance for the spelling, i am on the ipad.

I am a 22 year old entrepreneur whom has always enjoyed business and wanted to achieve financial success.
Even though i have had one relatively ok success, i am very driven, determined and willing to work hard, i have an issue where im concerned aboutt he future. Where im worried i will fail, or wont achieve success, or things will go wrong, or i wont "get lucky", etc,etc.

This book has changed so much about my mentality. When i started business at 17, i KNEW i would be succesful. After my amazing success relative to my age, my confidence, for some reason ha deteriorated entirely.
This book helped me find it again, and understand it so not only am i more motivated than ever, but if i ever do feel down again, its just to read this book and get back to take on the world.

This book is amazing. Robert Herjavec is a truly amazing and inspiring person, and im glad tp have him as someone I look up to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent experience, February 22, 2014
I usually don't read books in general. As a fan of Robert and an Entrepreneur, I couldn't resist the urge to pick up this book and start reading it. It is not about his life and story, but about the lessons learned being in business and the great insight that he has to share with everyone that has the same dream. I would recommend this book to any entrepreneur!

2.0 out of 5 stars not enough real examples rather list of dos and rules, January 25, 2014
I would rather have heard a lot more about his experience in building his businesses with facts and figures. There was not enough info on how his investments on shark tank turned out.

I have read about 100 books on dos and donts of business including Duncan Bannatyne and Marc Cuban. I wanted more of a narrative to some of they business decisions in growing his internet security firm.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Driven: How To Succeed In Business And In Life
Driven: How To Succeed In Business And In Life by Robert Herjavec (Paperback - 2012)
Used & New from: $19.49