Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on August 11, 2008
It's been many, many years since I saw a handful of episodes on U. S. TV, but I've always remembered this series with great fondness. I've searched for videos for a long time, and I'm glad they've finally released all six series on DVD in England. Now, If they'd just release them in the U. S. Until then, those of us with region-free DVD players can at least enjoy these long-missing gems.

The action takes place at Globelink Television News, beginning with a takeover by a notorious media mogul. The new head honcho is unintelligible, the office manager is ineffective on a good day, and the entire team bickers, fights, teases, gambles and mocks their way through the day. His deputy Alex, the lone sane voice, does her best to limit the damage. One of the highlights of the series is Stephen Tompkinson who is brilliant as Damien the star reporter who would sell his grandmother for a story.

The Series 1 DVD contains all 10 episodes from the first season plus the unaired pilot and numerous interviews.
on June 7, 2011
Pretty much as fun as I remembered, given that some of the humor was up-to-the-minute topical back in the day and that was many, many days ago. It helps that there is a voiceover explaining the "headline story". Had no problems playing it on my Oppo DVD player; just needed to adjust the region setting.