Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Blackest Night forum

Dropped the ball at Rebirth and not sure how to get into Blackest Night

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 23, 2011 5:32:06 PM PST
D. Sippel says:
Just reread Rebirth and liked it more the second time around, now thinking Geoff Johns is up there in the Moore, Morrison, Bendis, Ellis stratosphere. I stopped with Rebirth, but saw Blackest Night books in the book store and love the horror tone and artwork and am wondering if I should just jump over Sinestro Wars and the multiple other books right into BN. BN seems out of sequence across several volumes, so the question is if you wanted to catch up with GL fresh out of Rebirth on say only 3-5 GN, what is worthwhile and matches the depth and fire of Rebirth?

Posted on Feb 3, 2011 10:28:31 AM PST
Joshua Hamel says:
I would probably say Rebirth, No Fear, Revenge of the Green Lanterns, and both volumes of Sinestro Corps War are the best leading up to Blackest Night as these are really the books that introduce the War of Light and what have you. You might miss a little without Red Lantern and Agent Orange but nothing you can't catch up on easily.

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 10:58:27 AM PST
dallas reid says:
if you only wanted to buy a handful of them, i would recommend both sinestro corps war volumes, agent orange, rage of the red lanterns, secret origin, blackest night green lantern, blackest night green lantern corps, and blackest night itself.

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 1:30:25 PM PDT
A Gamer Guy says:
Just go to your local bookstore and read all the green lantern and green lantern corps trades in order from Rebirth through Blackest Night. You can tell which goes in order by looking at their copyright information inside the book and it lists which issue numbers are printed in the books. You will definitely need to read Sinestro Corps Wars and the following after before Blackest Night. The trades before Sinestro Corps Wars but after Rebirth and To Be a Lantern aren't completely necessary but I would read them anyway for more information on the Lanterns and stuff they've already gone through.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blackest Night forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 23, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Blackest Night
Blackest Night by Geoff Johns (Hardcover - July 13, 2010)
4.4 out of 5 stars (165)