5.0 out of 5 stars A Dubious Disciple Book Review
Here's a short little booklet you can read over your lunch hour. Rob Bell, the controversial emergent mega-church pastor and best-selling author of Love Wins, tackles the subject of grief.

Bell is a minister, but doesn't turn this into a book about God. It's not tough love and it's not sappy sentiment. Just words to think about and draw inspiration from...
Published 20 months ago by Dubious Disciple

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected more
The book is more of a devotional and lots of white space. I did love the ending part which compensated a bit.
Published 3 months ago by onlinebuyer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dubious Disciple Book Review, November 9, 2012
This review is from: Drops Like Stars: A Few Thoughts on Creativity and Suffering (Paperback)

If you're thinking about buying this as a gift book, I wouldn't say that it's appropriate for the deep-in-grief stage, but rather the help-me-stand-up-again stage. As Bell says, he's less concerned about the "why this?" than the "what now?"

Never heard Bell preach, but I'm sure beginning to like him as a person. I guess that's the important thing for a good spiritual adviser.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and thought provoking little book..., December 26, 2012
I'd never read any of Bell's work before this one, but now find myself inspired to read more.

The writing was clear, served in little helpings about this subject and that, and eventually wrapped back around to where it began.

The ideas he wrote about were made fascinating by his take on how things work with regard to creativity and suffering.

Not preachy at all, in fact, very few mentions of how the subjects connected with God.

Fast read. I'll probably read it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Rob Bell home run, November 22, 2012
New Englander "story lover" (West Palm Beach, FL., USA) - See all my reviews
Rob Bell has done another incredible job of bringing the Scriptures to life for the modern day. My only complaint, if you cn call it that, is that the book is far too short. More please!

4.0 out of 5 stars Challenge yourself with a new perspective, May 12, 2013
I actually attended Rob's Drops Like Stars tour event back in 2011. When I saw the book was on sale, I jumped for a chance to dive back in to the subject matter.

To be sure, the age old question of why an all-powerful, loving God would allow the kind of suffering we see in human existence is a tricky one, often talked about but rarely answered. Rob doesn't exactly answer the question, but he sure does give us a whole new way of looking at it.

I suppose my only disappointment was the length of the book. I bought it thinking I could spend a week or so working through it, in the depth that it was covered during his tour, but instead I read it in 30 minutes before bed. A nice refresher, but I definitely wouldn't spend the regular retail price on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good thought provoking read, July 14, 2013
I have not really ever experienced great tragedy nor am I particularly creative. But I have experienced life and I know the realities within this book apply to us all.

4.0 out of 5 stars <3, October 5, 2012
I bought this book after it being recommended to me by friends as well as amazon. But after I saw it in twloha's shop I had to buy it. Despite it being short, it was amazing. The words flowed elegantly along. Providing hope within each one. For sure a must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, November 9, 2012
Nice connections made. Inspiring. Has the classic Rob Bell styled writing. Read it very fast. Then read it again another day. I am glad I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Drops Like Stars, October 17, 2012
It is surprisingly short book but powerful. A lot of what is said isn't new but I found the way he said it made me think about it again, he made it fresh. I highly recommend this book and if you get a chance to watch the video from the tour it is even better.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful read, July 11, 2014
Rob has a way of writing were you can almost hear him speak.

An enjoyable short read... to lift your spirit and lift some heaviness.

Just what I needed tonight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful reminder, July 2, 2014
Nancy (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
this was recommended by a friend. a beautiful reminder of the truth of suffering. eloquent and heartfelt. elegant in its simplicity.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Drops Like Stars: A Few Thoughts on Creativity and Suffering
Drops Like Stars: A Few Thoughts on Creativity and Suffering by Rob Bell (Paperback - July 24, 2012)
$12.99 $11.56