Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on November 23, 2007
I used this book in my psychopharmacology course in grad school and it gave me an excellent insight into the pharmacokinetic aspects of psychotropic drugs. I have found that, even after starting medical school, this is a book that I use over traditional pharmacology texts for drugs related to psychiatric disorders, those used for epilepsy, and opioid drugs.

The book begins with an introduction to neurotransmitters and their common functions in the CNS. There are separate chapters for each class of psychotropic drug: antipsychotics, antidepressants, antiepileptics, opioids, ETOH, cannabinoids, dissociative anesthetics, and others that I am sure I am forgetting. Each chapter includes the history of the drug, mechanisms of action, pharmacokineitics and pharmacodynamics.
on February 5, 2013
I have to read this for my Psychopharmacology class. It's an amazing book and I plan on re-reading it in the summer. It covers everything you need to know about how drugs interact with your body. For instance, I didn't know that we had a Blood Brain Barrier, and I didn't know that ANY drug can pass through the placenta into the fetus. It's an amazing book. I took off a star because of they layout. It's just really crammed tight and doesn't hold my interest. I understand there's so much information but it's a bit overwhelming with the way they have the book format everything.
on April 19, 2000
This was an excellent book for those people interested in a psychopharmacological approach to the study of drugs. Each chapter builds on concepts introduced in the previous ones making the book both thorough and easy to follow. This is a must have for students, professors, or doctors involved in the pharmacological field.
on August 5, 2013
This book is absolutely great! It is truly a complete book in all of its aspects! Whenever I don't fully understand something in class I always refer back to this book and its a piece of cake! This book came in excellent condition just as mentioned and even before its shipping date! Absolutely recommend!
on June 29, 2016
This book has very little white space. Paragraphs are smushed together and it takes effort to concentrate and read. Content is good. Presentation could be better.
on July 4, 2015
I had one of the authors of this book as a teacher, he was knowledgeable and nice, but had a slight arrogance about him.
on August 21, 2014
Just as expected! Fast delivery! Thanks so much!
on August 28, 2014
Nice book delivered promptly
on October 27, 2013
This book is much too technical for a grad student not directly in this field, and not technical enough for the PhD. If you're looking for reference material, I suggest looking somewhere else.
on September 28, 2012
This book was used as a textbook. The book contained detailed descriptions of the brain and how drugs or medications affect it. Good information!