Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Drunk History Season 1
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$11.99

on July 8, 2013
If you love the Funny or Die / YouTube series, you'll love this.

If you're looking for a serious show about history like some of the other commenters apparently were, why are you watching a show called "Drunk History" in the first place?
44 comments|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2013
Yes, it is sophomoric and silly. However, I howl with laughter as these history fanatics share their inebriated renditions of varied events perfectly timed by well known actors. It's the combination of how the stories come about and are portrayed that is true comedic chemistry.
on August 4, 2013
The acting complements the drunk dialogue so well. Sometimes it works out so well you're skeptical it wasn't planned that way. Great show and I hope it sticks around.
on July 24, 2013
Amazing concept, hilarious writing, and drunk people. How could it get any better? The Chicago episode is my favorite so far, the actor who plays Lincoln should win some kind of award.
on May 14, 2014
I feel guilty thinking this show is so funny. It's a clever concept and well done, if one can ignore the fact that most of these people will end up with alcohol poisoning. And I can. We love this show; Lewis and Clark was our favorite.
on July 1, 2013
I absolutely loved the YouTube series of this, as the guy before me said, I was super excited to see this go to real TV.
This does not disappoint, and it's as good if not better than the original.
on May 19, 2015
My wife and I watched the first season of this over the weekend, and found it very funny! (Disclaimer: after watching one or two, we found it irresistible to have a drink or two ourselves while watching).

The premise is that they have a (very) drunk person tell a story from history, and they have actors act out the story as told (including lip syncing the drunk person's lines). Some of the funniest scenes are not just the stories, but when the person sneezes or a dog barks... and they have to incorporate that into the actors' scenes.

This is not in any sense a "deep" show, but it really tickled both our funny bones. We laughed out loud several times per 22 min episode. I definitely recommend it; some of the funniest TV we've seen in a while.
on June 29, 2013
I enjoyed the previous Drunk History entries on Youtube, and was delighted to see it made into an "official" series.
Additionally, Jack Black as Elvis? Inspired casting.
on September 10, 2013
I suggest a case of Miller light King cans and perhaps a big fat Doobie and it's even more funny when you're just as inebriated as the idiot talking on the screen there almost all lightweights who don't do any serious drinking and this show is funny sober for about 30 min. get blasted and tune in Johnny Irish
on January 14, 2014
This program is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Drunken history lessons are just better than sober history lessons. The period costumes, the great performers... Winona Ryder is wonderful in this. Not drunk. Wonderful. The entire thing is very nicely put together, surprisingly educational, and delightful.