Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dry Dock Hygienic Air Dry Dish Mat
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on June 19, 2010
I purchased this mat, and another that came in a triple pack. There is no comparison...this mat outperforms the other in every way! Dries quickly, doesn't get smelly, looks neat on the counter and does the job. I use it under my dish rack instead of a towel and I will buy a second one to use straight on the counter when the dish rack gets overcrowded. Recommended!
on July 14, 2010
After years of using a drain board with a dishrack on it, I saw a similar drying mat at a friend's house. I don't have a dishwasher so the drying rack gets constant use. However, the drain board tends to shift and dump its water load onto my counter top, onto the floor, etc., anytime I accidentally hit it while doing dishes. This drying mat is a superior replacement for the drainer & can be folded in half if you don't need the full size. No more dripping counters & I don't need the rack for drying just a few items, either. I wish it weren't baby blue instead of a neutral color but it really is a great mat. It sucks up a ton of water & dries quickly when you're through. Wish I had known about these years ago!
on September 21, 2010
I bought this mat with hesitation, not quite believing it would stay dry considering the constant use it gets at our home, but I was surprised to find how well it works. It does keep things dry, it does not become soggy and smelly, and simply needs to be hung from the cabinet hook to air out once every couple of days. I would buy one again. Only wish they were also made in a couple of other primary colors; blue doesn't go with every lady's kitchen.
on July 21, 2011
I got this drying mat after they got one in the kitchen at work - takes up less space, and seemed like a great alternative to the folded up dish towel I was using. The problem with this one though, is that if it gets dirty - and it will - it spends it's time in the kitchen after all - there is no way to clean it. I tried putting it through the washing machine, it took 2 days to dry. I tried putting it through the dishwasher on the top rack - that was even worse. I finally just threw it out. I'll be trying a different type of dish mat, hopefully I'll make a better choice next time.
on May 4, 2011
When I read all the wonderful reviews on this product, I couldn't wait to get mine. At first, it was all they said it would be! Then, I noticed that the meshing was getting a little discolored as was the cloth part, (even though I made sure not to let it sit but air it out after every use) so I followed the washing instructions and washed it. BIG MISTAKE! It came out all mangled, but after some gentle pulling, I manage to get it almost flat again. I used it, then hung it up as I usually did, and now it won't dry at all! It has been almost 24 hours, and it is still wet! What a waste of money! And on top of it all, the website listed on the packaging gets me nowhere, as if it never was really there, so I can't complain that way. There is a generic type of address - no building or street number, but I'm going to try that route next and see if I get a response. In these economic times, every cent counts, and I feel that I've yet again thrown money away on something I thought would be wonderful!
on June 20, 2011
We used this regularly for 2 months and in a cleaning frenzy I got a wild hair to machine wash it as instructed. BIG MISTAKE!!! It is now all mangled. As a previous reviewer stated, the website listed on the tag does not exist. [...]. A complete disappointment as it is now basically useless and I have no recourse with the manufacturer as I don't know who they are. I recommend skipping this product unless you intend to never clean it.
on January 17, 2011
I bought two of these because I frequently hand wash large pots and serving pieces. Though I had a dish drain, because of the size of the items washed the water draining off of these pieces would end up pooling on my beautiful cherry wood counter top. I was concerned about the long term effect of this problem. I ordered these right after Christmas. I wish I had ordered them before the holidays because they have proven very useful and would have been extremely beneficial in December. Large items generally fit on one pad and my counter remains dry. Hanging the dry docks up to dry is advisable thought most of the time they do not need it.
I am glad I purchased these and would do so again.
on October 16, 2010
This drying mat is much better than the plastic trays for dish racks that get gross over time. I keep it permanently under my dish rack, and after two months I haven't had a problem with mold or anything.
on September 11, 2010
I bought one. Tried it. Love it. Have bought two more and retired my dish drying rack.
Counter stays dry. It's a breeze to keep clean. When the dishes are done, hang it up and let it dry. Using the dry dock has meant an extra countertop in my kitchen. I wish it came in other colors, but still a five star item at an attractive price.
on April 27, 2011
Found this item at the King Arthur Flour store in VT so it was a few bucks more than I would've paid elsewhere. I wanted an alternative to the ugly dish drain that takes up valuable counter space. I was initially very happy with the dry dock, so much so, that I was going to buy a second one. I religiously hung it up every night to dry.

After about a month, it started getting smelly and I put it in the wash as they suggested. I didn't add fabric softener and hung it up to dry as soon as it came out of the washer.

Now it's back to being smelly again - what the heck? I wound up buying a 2nd similar item "the original dish drying mat" for around $8 at bed, bath and beyond. Love this one and it's huge - 18x23. Glad I didn't buy another Dry Dock.

See 1 answered question