Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: Large|Change

on November 12, 2007
very disappointed with this product when it arrived as nothing like the picture. it was bright orange, very flimsy and only had 6 small grips on the bottom as opposed to the 10 on the pictured item. also the sizing stated on the packaging i received leads me to believe the small and extra large i had purchased as suitable for most shoes (between them) would not have actually worked. i wont find out because they are going back tomorrow!
not like Amazon to give such miseading info
11 comment|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2007
we were very excited to order this product for my brother in law for christmas. However when it arrived in the mail the grip ons were bright orange and had half as many spikes for gripping. we sent them back and hd to give a gift card. If we can find these I would give them next year.
on February 10, 2011
These are really nice, however they run very small for the size they show. I ordered a medium and I wear a size 7 shoe. When I put them on the spikes in the front are positioned ok, but the spikes on the heels are not on the heels, they are more up under the arch of the foot. I've stretched and pulled but the spikes won't stay under the heel as they are just too short for my size. Other than that they are really nice. Even with them not fitting perfect on the shoe, I feel a lot safer on the ice.
Plus they are easy on and off.
on March 12, 2007
We received an bright orange last decade model with only 6 spikes in a much different formation. We ordered small, maybe the XL is black?
on December 13, 2010
I have the Grip ons and have only worn them 3 times, each time I have slipped on the ice. I do not feel secure at all walking on icy sidewalks. Also in that time they seem to have worn down and I lost a spike already. I walk on sidewalks for those that wonder. I also have Get a grip spikes which is much better.
on December 30, 2010
This product is great for avoiding falls and slips on the ice.
I put them on when I leave the house, and then I take them off
as soon as I enter the building at work, so I'm not sure if
they hurt floors or hard surfaces that are not covered with snow
or ice. Some reviews indicated that the spikes scratch the floor.
This sounds pretty bone-headed to me. I mean would you wear
shoes with golf spikes anywhere other than on grass? So
why would someone wear spiked grippers for ice on linoleum?
I have a small foot - women's size 5. I purchased a similar
product by another brand a few years ago, and I found it very
difficult to get a "small / medium" on my foot. I found it
especially difficult to take them off once my shoes were cold
from the snow and ice. So, for this purchase, I bought a
large for my size 5 foot, and they work great. I have no
trouble putting them on or taking them off. The back
even has a little handle to help take them off easily.
Even though my foot is small, I have never had a problem
with these grippers falling off. I read other reviews
before purchasing, and some said that there were not as many
grippers on the bottom as illustrated in the photo. The pair
of grippers that I received were exactly as illustrated.
I find this product very effective and very easy to use.
Great value for the price.
on January 19, 2011
Don't attempt to run in these because they can fail to provide traction at high speed, but otherwise they are an easy way to walk on ice. They don't snag carpet and they are fairly easy to drive in. I've worn them for a few weeks and they aren't showing any signs of wear yet. Muddy snow can be messy if it gets stuck between the gripon and the shoe though.
on February 18, 2010
They are great IF you can keep them on your shoes. I even put them on very carefully on a specific shoe so I wouldn't take them on and off and that I would know it was on each shoe as well as it could be. I wore them twice and lost and found the one that came off the first time. The second time it came off it was gone. If you are in snow/ice all the time, they are fine, but if you get off onto pavement they come off.
on March 12, 2015
I've ordered two pair of DryGuy GripOns from Amazon. The first fit and worked perfectly; so much so that I ordered a second pair. The most recent ones (ordered Feb. 2015) were nothing like the first. They came in a plastic bag without the DryGuy logo packaging. Although the same size as the first, the heel spikes rested on the arch rather than the heel. The listing said they would be orange or green and I received yellow -- not that the color matters but it leads me to believe these are cheap knock-offs. They shipped from China.

In the photo, my older, functioning GripOn is on the bottom. The ill-fitting "GripOn" is on the top.
review image
on August 1, 2014
These really are the good ones. I was confusing them with another, cheaper brand I mistakenly bought. I have knee and foot problems, so I'm always very hard on footwear. But these things lasted through 3 winters, even though my inability to remove them on the fly forced me to walk on way more bare concrete and asphalt than I should have. Again, not terribly expensive and well worth the extra bucks. These will last many times longer than the cheaper variety. You'll find yourself getting a little cocky with these on, so remember: almost nothing will save you from a dusting of dry snow on glare ice--positively wicked. Other than that, you will feel invulnerable!