5.0 out of 5 stars OMG What a Buy!!!!
Published on January 21, 2010 by Eric Stevenson

3.0 out of 5 stars one year worth
I was really happy about this purchase at first. ..These speakers really rock & are visually amazing BUT after one year use. . They just stopped working. I now have a 15 foss gate...sickness!!
Published 13 months ago by Ms.Bb

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG What a Buy!!!!, January 21, 2010
Eric Stevenson (Bowling Green, Ky) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dual BP1204 12-Inch 1100-Watt Illumination Bandpass Subwoofer (Electronics)
I have had descent systems in the past. Was wanting to get another system. I wanted a low budget system. I seen these for $150.00 and was unsure of how they would perform. I took a chance and let me tell you I was overwhelmed. I didnt expect the bass the these subs produced when I connected them to my 800 watt cheap sony amp with a electronic crossover. You can not go wrong with these. You do need a crossover, it makes a big difference. the subs has a crossover built into them, but it isnt that good. I have had more expensive subs, these far out performs them. The Blue lights are a great bonus. Trust me if your not for sure and thinking about getting them, do it you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, October 15, 2013
Hit nice and hard, look beautiful, and annoy everyone I drive by. What more do you need? Best purchase for the price, you will not be disappointed

3.0 out of 5 stars one year worth, June 26, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you feel the BASS tonight! presented by.Dual Audio., June 23, 2013
So I am replacing a hard hitting pioneer 10 inch and a dual 300 rms watt amp. I loved it but it has been 3 years and its time to upgrade, So naturally i go to my local audio place and wow was i surprise how expensive things have gotten. They quoted me @ 400$ for a similar setup to this and my new boss audio 800 rms watt amp. not including install!!!! NO WAY. I then turned to my long life partner amazon for help. I start browsing and i find the perfect bass, I searched by popularity and this sub came up as #1 in subs. There is usually a reason for something being number one. I bought it with the prime shipping and got super excited. Because there is already enough enough regarding this woofer in the reviews i will skip straight to the point.

Vehicle: Ford Windstar 99.
Subwoofer: Dual BP1204 12-Inch 1100-Watt
Amp: Boss AR3000D Monoblock
Wireing kit: Boss kit-2 8 gauge kit with all the goodies (ended up being really good for my 14foot van)
Sub orientation: I have it all the way in the back facing away from driver. (tried forward and didn't sound good)

Verdict.
Sound:8 (if you turn the gain all the way up the subs have hard time keeping up with rock and dubstep, perfect for rap and hiphop)
ease of install: 10
Reliability: I will update this in a year, although there are people who have had dual products last forever.
Overall joy factor: 11

I would recommend this sub and amp combo for anyone looking to spend 200<$ on a easy and fun product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! Helpful hint for illuminating lights, February 13, 2013
Lori Farrell (Clinton, IA, US) - See all my reviews
Subs are great! If you wire the lights into the speaker wire in the actual subs, you will have illuminating subs that light up when the bass hits! Pretty awesome hint!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Subs, April 11, 2011
Couldn't be more pleased. These things defiantely hit HARD ! they look sweet and all of your friends will love your lights. My buddies MTX subs dont even hit as hard and have no lights and yet they are more expensive. These subs are great! very nicely made. they will sound great, look great and they are very easy to install ! if your considering them, BUY them

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price!, September 30, 2013
I bought this set of sub woofers many years ago from Best Buy and I didn't know how well they would perform since they were less than 200 dollars. I had them installed on my 2004 BMW 325i and for years my friends were jealous that the quality of sound from these set compare to others that payed up to 1500 for theirs was the same as mine >.< I sold my car and the subs, got a new car and now I ordered this set again, and ready to give it another 5 years of use. For this price you really can't get a better quality subs out there that can perform at the level that these ones do. I hope my review helps anyone out there, considering to buy this, I promise you won't regret it.

Luis G.
U.S. Submarine Force, USN

*** Update as of 18 OCT 13 ***
I installed this set on my 2013 BMW X5 and as the previous set I owned it sounds great for the price, I paired it with the Boss Audio R1100M Mosfet Monoblock Power Amplifier and the Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit. All together was less than $300.00 with shipping plus my time and it sounds as if I had a more expensive system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bp 1204 subs great!!!, August 14, 2012
I received these monsters three days after I ordered them.( way before scheduled delivery date) The box was in good condition also.I have these subs hooked up to a boss mono block 1250 watt chaos amp and so far these things blast. Took about 2 days of work and watching youtube videos to get them installed without professional help. I have them in the trunk of my honda odyssey. only on the first day i am getting complaints from my neighbors to turn them down. This is my first system and I've never heard anything better in person. The first time I turned them on full volume I think my ears started to bleed because they are so loud and clear. Don't hesiate to buy these because they are cheap. The lights are brilliant at night but sort if dim in the day. You can set them to light with the bass or a constant glow. So far best songs on them is How We Do by the Game, the next episode by Dr. Dre and In Da Club by 50 cent. Great for a first sound system if you are going for mirror shaking sound and laughs because they are in a minivan. Thanks dual for a good product even if they are made in china.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal for price, December 21, 2013
first they came on time which is good ..its a nice set up if you want good clean base but dont put to much power a mono block amp around 1000wtts would do. the lights are easy to hook up just run postive side wire to amps remote wire and ground negetive wire to your amp ground..lights are the best thing about this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the very low price, October 9, 2010
Although it's made out of $35 subs, it still does its job with plenty of punch

Pros:
-VERY loud!!!! The SPL on this box is very impressive for $150

-Box styling and lights are very cool

-The ladies love it

Cons:

-While it has a pretty large x-max, the coils overheat pretty easily with too much power, so you have to be careful to not push them too hard

-The sound quality is very low for anything other than rap or hip hop. The bass is very boomy with almost no definition for short kicks like a bass drum

Dual BP1204 12-Inch 1100-Watt Illumination Bandpass Subwoofer