Customer Discussions > Mandatory Fun forum

Dual Disc

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2014 11:22:59 AM PDT
Dan G. says:
Will this include videos like Straight Outta Lynwood did?

Posted on Jun 18, 2014 11:35:15 AM PDT
ian says:
Probably not Dual Disc. From what I recall, the fact that Straight Outta Lynwood had Dual Disc was announced well before the release of the album. Of course, we didn't know about the "Deluxe" version of Alpocalypse with the DVD for a while. My guess is that there will be a DVD included with another deluxe version of Mandatory Fun. If not, I'm sure the videos will go straight to YouTube or iTunes or a separate DVD/Blu-Ray altogether.

Posted on Jun 18, 2014 7:29:04 PM PDT
I'm guessing the Alpocalypse HD Blu-ray was conceived after the deluxe album was released. Many die hard Al fans, myself included, probably now have a DVD of most of the Alpocalypse videos and a BD of all of them, plus 3 from Straight Outta Lynnwood. They probably will refrain from that so that big fans don't have to double down on video discs. If I had known there would be a complete album BD, I would have bought the standard Alpocalypse.

Posted on Jun 18, 2014 8:48:39 PM PDT
Mason Koen says:
As it turns out, it's been confirmed that this CD is it. No deluxe edition will be immediately available. To me, that means that all videos for this album will soon be compiled on a Mandatory Fun DVD/BR.

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 10:10:19 AM PDT
they haven't made dual discs in years because they were a flop, like HD-DVD

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 7:14:05 AM PDT
grits&eggs59 says:
As for music videos, Al stated in a tweet that there will be 8 music videos, with one released each day starting July 14th:

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/483281985024962560

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2014 12:37:05 PM PDT
Clint says:
What do you mean, this CD is it? If you mean his last one, that's an incorrect rumor that "Weird Al" has quashed. This is the last CD he'll be releasing on his label because this signifies the end of his contract. He'll continue making music, he just hasn't decided how he's going to continue once his contract is up.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 4:42:24 PM PDT
Russell says:
While I can't speak for "Mason Koen", I'm guessing what they meant by "this CD is it" is "this CD is the only version", as opposed to multiple SKUs/Deluxe Editions/etc.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 9:22:35 PM PDT
Mason Koen says:
Russell is right; that wasn't a commentary on Al's career, because it wasn't really the topic at hand, was it?

There might be a DVD/Blu-ray later, but no special edition CD.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2014 9:39:42 AM PDT
Beeman says:
When he said this CD is it, "it" could mean the only CD release, but I just listened to an interview with him, and he said this would be his last "studio" album. But he also said that he wasn't going to quit.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mandatory Fun forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2014
Latest post:  Jul 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mandatory Fun
Mandatory Fun by Weird Al Yankovic (Audio CD - 2014)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (900)