5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers
Published on June 17, 2010 by M. Barnett

1.0 out of 5 stars California buyers beware
Published 6 months ago by rollin4eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers, June 17, 2010
When people say that these speakers are junk, don't listen. Sure Bose and Yamaha speakers sound better (especially indoors), but that's okay because these speakers cost 1/10 the price of those brands. When you live in a place like Wisconsin off the shores of a lake, there's no way one can pay the price for good speakers, so I thought I'd give these a try. A just one day after I received the pair, I ordered 3 more pairs.

Here's what I've found:
These speakers are absolutely amazing for the price! Outdoors, these speakers sound like they cost 5 times as much. They really do deliver good sound. (Note: these speakers don't sound too good indoors, but that's okay) The speakers (if used with the right gauge wire and according to specifications) Deliver excellent sounds and can actually pump out the noise quite well. There is little to no distortion, the highs and lows are great, and the fact that the speakers are 3-way is even better. The quality of the speaker itself is terrific. However, to be honest, the mounting isn't that good. But, its simple enough to reinforce it.

I have 5 zones around my house outdoors (one with rock speakers) and use 14 gauge wire, with my longest run being just under 100 feet. I'd recommend this gauge wire for any lengths 25'-200'. Coleman Cable 09504 14/2 Low Voltage Direct Burial Garden Light Cable, Black, 100-Feet Is an EXCELLENT wire to choose from. Do not waste money buying outdoor speaker wire, its a scam. Just buy landscaping wire, it is meant to be buried and withstand the outdoors. I cannot foresee the plastic on this wire diminish in any way. It is a great wire to use with speakers.

Specifications from Owners Manual:
Model: LU43P
Frequency Response 100Hz - 20kHz
Woofer: 4"(100mm) Polyelite PVA Surround
Midrange: 40mm polypropylene
Tweeter: 20mm Piezo Dome
Sensitivity: 85.5dB (2.83v @ 1 meter)
Nominal Impedance: 4-6ohms
Power Handling*: 50watts RMS - 100watts (IPP)
Dimensions (Inches HxWxD) 8.39" x 5.47" x 5.47"
Weight: 2.8lbs
Finish: White or Black
*Power handling is based on amplifier volume never being set above the point of audible distortion

In Conclusion:
-These are great speakers if used outdoors and under the specifications provided.
-I would not recommend these speakers to be used indoors.
-I recommend 14AWG landscape wire as use for speaker wire
-A 75 Watt receiver can really make these speakers sing at great sound
-As long as these speakers are out of the sun and direct rain, they seem like they will last long
-Not a huge investment, so If you live in a harsh climate, not a big deal

Hope you found this useful, and good luck buying.

Edit 6/27/11
These speakers survived the Wisconsin winter and still worked beautifully this spring. On one of the speakers, the threaded insert that is used for mounting came unglued and got lost within the speaker. I was able to find a fix just fine. Otherwise, cosmetically and acoustically sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, May 22, 2006
This review is from: Dual LU43PW Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (White) (Electronics)
I got these speakers to replace an old pair on my boat. Boat duty is rough on speakers. The installation was easy. Good hardware and terminals. The speakers are made to stand on their end or be hung from metal brackets. I used the brackets and found the thumb nuts to firmly lock the speakers in position. The sound output is good. Being on the water high back ground noise requires you to drive your speakers pretty hard. Bass is a little light.All to be seen is how well they stand up to the elements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Unit - Great Price, May 13, 2007
This review is from: Dual LU43PW Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (White) (Electronics)
I mounted these underneath my travel trailer and was really happy with them. Sure they aren't extremely high quality, but they sound great to my ear and the price was right. I also like how easily they come off and on the brackets. They have gotten wet and so far, no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 1/4" Black 3-WAY 100 Watt Indoor/outdoor Loudspeakers, July 16, 2007
They work great. I bought 2 sets. I use one set outside my home for our pool. The other set I use at my shop. Nice audio, obviously weather resistant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers from Amazon.com, May 15, 2010
These are my second pair. I have one set in my yard under a tree that's been outside over two years and they are just as good as when i received them.
this pair I put on my deck. The sound is great for such an inexpensive product.
I also have 2 sets of Bose speakers outside by the pool - I take them in during the winter because of the price, but the duals' sound is quite comparable; but I am not an audiophile!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, especially for the price, August 11, 2010
Reading the various reviews about these speakers I was afraid that they would be much worse than the Radio Shack speakers that they look like.
For my purposes, however -definitely NOT high end hifi - they do the job very well, and even have surprisingly good bass response. I have no regrets about buying them.

1.0 out of 5 stars California buyers beware, February 8, 2014
rollin4eyes "Rich" (Salinas, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dual LU43PW Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (White) (Electronics)
I bought these for my garage, where I spend a fair amount of time listening to music while working on small projects or right outside in the driveway. I knew these weren't Bose when I bought them, but I didn't expect to have a crackling sound in one speaker immediately straight out of the box after hooking it up to my receiver. I wasn't cranking it up listening to loud music. Unless I'm listening to soft, trebly music I hear a crackle coming from the same speaker. So, like any of you I went back to Amazon like a faithful Amazon Prime customer and wanted to initiate a return. Only to find that because we've got Prop 65 in California we cannot send these back. I'm not sure where the hazardous material is in the speakers, but apparently they can be shipped to us, but not back from us to be replaced. Anyone want to buy some hazardous broken speakers, in California?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound - AMAZING PRICE! - Slow Rust, August 13, 2010
This review is from: Dual LU43PW Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (White) (Electronics)
These speakers were purchased for an outdoor patio installation and I couldn't be happier with them. They are solidly built and simple to install. These speakers produce great sound for a really small cost!

UPDATE 6-16-2011
I have had these speakers installed outdoors for a year and have noted a small amount of rust developing on the metal speaker covers. Not exactly sure what I am going to do once more rust develops but it is manageable for now. Also, the bracket clamps do not hold the weight of the speakers in position and the speakers tend to droop downward not long after you tighten them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Withstanding 19 Degree Snowy Winters, January 18, 2013
ANTHONY L. ROBERSON (SAN BERNARDINO, CALIFORNIA United States) - See all my reviews
These are some good speakers. I don't crank my music, so I can't tell you if they're high powered or not in reality. I play jazz 24/7 (jazzandblues.org)! on them, and they sound crisp, clear and great! They're a great bargain, and put out an even greater sound.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rust all over, October 14, 2013
B. Todorov (Dominican Republic) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dual LU43PW Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (White) (Electronics)
after a less than a year the front part is all rusted. i could understand this happen maybe after years but not in less than a year. i have a pair of jbl speakers in the same outdoor environment ant they have been there for 5 years and still like new. if you need outdoor speakers DO NOT buy these.

Dual LU43PW Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (White)
$59.99 $30.99