Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dual LU43PW 100 Watt 3-way Indoor/Outdoor Speakers in White (Pair)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: White|Style: 100 Watt|Change

on June 17, 2010
When people say that these speakers are junk, don't listen. Sure Bose and Yamaha speakers sound better (especially indoors), but that's okay because these speakers cost 1/10 the price of those brands. When you live in a place like Wisconsin off the shores of a lake, there's no way one can pay the price for good speakers, so I thought I'd give these a try. A just one day after I received the pair, I ordered 3 more pairs.

Here's what I've found:
These speakers are absolutely amazing for the price! Outdoors, these speakers sound like they cost 5 times as much. They really do deliver good sound. (Note: these speakers don't sound too good indoors, but that's okay) The speakers (if used with the right gauge wire and according to specifications) Deliver excellent sounds and can actually pump out the noise quite well. There is little to no distortion, the highs and lows are great, and the fact that the speakers are 3-way is even better. The quality of the speaker itself is terrific. However, to be honest, the mounting isn't that good. But, its simple enough to reinforce it.

I have 5 zones around my house outdoors (one with rock speakers) and use 14 gauge wire, with my longest run being just under 100 feet. I'd recommend this gauge wire for any lengths 25'-200'. Coleman Cable 09504 14/2 Low Voltage Direct Burial Garden Light Cable, Black, 100-Feet Is an EXCELLENT wire to choose from. Do not waste money buying outdoor speaker wire, its a scam. Just buy landscaping wire, it is meant to be buried and withstand the outdoors. I cannot foresee the plastic on this wire diminish in any way. It is a great wire to use with speakers.

Specifications from Owners Manual:
Model: LU43P
Frequency Response 100Hz - 20kHz
Woofer: 4"(100mm) Polyelite PVA Surround
Midrange: 40mm polypropylene
Tweeter: 20mm Piezo Dome
Sensitivity: 85.5dB (2.83v @ 1 meter)
Nominal Impedance: 4-6ohms
Power Handling*: 50watts RMS - 100watts (IPP)
Dimensions (Inches HxWxD) 8.39" x 5.47" x 5.47"
Weight: 2.8lbs
Finish: White or Black
*Power handling is based on amplifier volume never being set above the point of audible distortion

In Conclusion:
-These are great speakers if used outdoors and under the specifications provided.
-I would not recommend these speakers to be used indoors.
-I recommend 14AWG landscape wire as use for speaker wire
-A 75 Watt receiver can really make these speakers sing at great sound
-As long as these speakers are out of the sun and direct rain, they seem like they will last long
-Not a huge investment, so If you live in a harsh climate, not a big deal

Hope you found this useful, and good luck buying.

Edit 6/27/11
These speakers survived the Wisconsin winter and still worked beautifully this spring. On one of the speakers, the threaded insert that is used for mounting came unglued and got lost within the speaker. I was able to find a fix just fine. Otherwise, cosmetically and acoustically sound.
2727 comments|443 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2014
I was really debating going between these and a pair of Yamaha speakers for my backyard and decided to go with these because they were less expensive and appeared to get good reviews. Thus far, these little guys have lived through two really bad rain storms no problem and the sound that comes out of them is very clear. I mainly watch TV and movies outside and these two speakers provide the stereo sound. They are tucked neatly under a small overhang to keep them relatively safe from the elements, but they still got pretty wet.

As a small added bonus, the DUAL symbol on the front of the speaker can be turned to always be facing upright no matter how the speaker is placed/mounted. Super small detail that overall doesn't matter, but fun nonetheless.

The only reason I am not giving these 5 stars is because the tightening grip for the mounting bracket is not very ergonomic and I caught myself wincing a couple of times trying to tighten the screws. I think a thick round knob with slits along the edge like an American quarter would work better for tightening/loosening the speakers from their mounts. Overall, very happy.
on May 30, 2012
I bought the Dual 3-way because of some of the reviews I have seen. I was willing to spend more on something a lot more higher end, but for out side why? I was very shocked when I wired them up. I play a wide range of music and the out put was good. The speakers put out some lows and the highs are good. The mids are a little over powering, but they are out door speakers and they are not a $200 set of speakers. What was really shocking is no matter where I am in my back yard, I still hear the music and the sound-high, lows, and mids didn't change. I do a lot of car audio and the one thing about car audio is the speaker placement (imigaging)Placing a set of speakers to where you get the full sound range without sound drop-off and not knowing where the sound is coming from. Placing the Dual's somewhat in the middle of my yard high up in the air (over a door way) and spaced apart about 10 to 15 feet. Walking around in my yard and I hear the music, but can't tell where the sound is coming from. Even with the mids being a little over powering and not being a high-end set of speakers. I still give the Dual 3-way 5 stars
on April 8, 2008
I bought these DUAL LU53PW speakers a couple of years ago from one of the big box stores without even listening to them because I just wanted something inexpensive that I could hang outside by the patio. The first thing that I noticed was the weight of the box as I was walking out of the store. I thought it was a little strange that "cheap" speakers could weigh so much.

As I was hooking them up, I wasn't expecting much since I paid about fifty bucks for the pair. When I fired up the receiver and put in a CD I was very impressed. These speakers have it all..... Great bass, mids and highs are all clear and crisp with plenty of power too. Before you spend $300.00 on up for a pair of indoor / outdoor speakers, you really should give these speakers a try.
on May 22, 2006
I got these speakers to replace an old pair on my boat. Boat duty is rough on speakers. The installation was easy. Good hardware and terminals. The speakers are made to stand on their end or be hung from metal brackets. I used the brackets and found the thumb nuts to firmly lock the speakers in position. The sound output is good. Being on the water high back ground noise requires you to drive your speakers pretty hard. Bass is a little light.All to be seen is how well they stand up to the elements.
22 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2014
I haven't owned these speakers long enough in order to give a full review, but I installed them a couple of days ago above my back patio and they not only look nice, but sound good as well. I wasn't looking for these to completely blow me away as far as sound quality goes, but they are very good and I have no complaints. One thing I was wondering about and I noticed that it wasn't explained in either the instruction manual, nor have I been able to find it in any review, was an explanation of what the stuff that comes in the two little plastic bags are supposed to be for. One of them might be rubber feet, I'm not sure... but the other looks like a handful of rubber wire covers that have been halved. So I'm not really sure of the point of them. Can someone please enlighten me? I will attach a photo to this review.
on July 16, 2007
They work great. I bought 2 sets. I use one set outside my home for our pool. The other set I use at my shop. Nice audio, obviously weather resistant.
on May 13, 2007
I mounted these underneath my travel trailer and was really happy with them. Sure they aren't extremely high quality, but they sound great to my ear and the price was right. I also like how easily they come off and on the brackets. They have gotten wet and so far, no problems.
on January 18, 2013
These are some good speakers. I don't crank my music, so I can't tell you if they're high powered or not in reality. I play jazz 24/7 (jazzandblues.org)! on them, and they sound crisp, clear and great! They're a great bargain, and put out an even greater sound.
on August 11, 2010
Reading the various reviews about these speakers I was afraid that they would be much worse than the Radio Shack speakers that they look like.
For my purposes, however -definitely NOT high end hifi - they do the job very well, and even have surprisingly good bass response. I have no regrets about buying them.