5.0 out of 5 stars its good in my opinion
i like it for the mouse with the analog movement capabilities. i love the size of the mouse and the consol buttons on.
Published 12 months ago by Robert

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy the Fragnstein
First off I have owned the frag fx version 1 controller and I had some great fun with it. It wasn't the best and it doesn't make you godly. But for us PC players switching to console it was good enough.

Published on November 27, 2009 by Kane

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy the Fragnstein, November 27, 2009
Kane (Cali, USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dual SFX Frag Pro - Wireless for PS3 & PC V3.4 (Video Game)

So when the wireless version came out I jumped on this deal. However when I got the controller, it was to my dismay, completely unusable. Like the other reviews said, the controllers move in "chuncks" and I have noticed considerable delay between the controller and motion of the character on screen. On top of that the sensitivity of the Y axis and the X axis is not the same. It is way harder to look up and down than left and right. So it is pretty easy to just get disoriented when you are using this controller. Basically, you go from an "uber" fps gamer to a noob using this controller. Completely the opposite of what the company is advertising.

I returned my controller and I am going to try out the fragnstein. If that does not work out then I am stick with my version 1 fragfx. Which is actually a decent product and half the price if you really wanted a mouse and keyboard feel.

Edit: 12/9/2009

I bought the fragnstein and I have to say that I am completely blown away by it. It has far exceeded my expectations. The controller ,in terms of functionality and performance, blows the fragfx pro OUT OF THE WATER. The difference is night and day. With the fragnstein, the movement is smooth and crisp and it really feels like I am playing on my computer. It has even exceeded my regular fragfx in terms of performance.

Please save your money and buy a fragnstein.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frag Fx Pro Wireless not worth the money, March 3, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I recently bought the Frag Fx Pro wireless as my wired Frag v2 controller was starting to show signs of wear and tear. I so much loved my Frag v2 controller that I figured that the newest version, which was wireless, could only be that much better. Boy was I wrong. It took me only one night of playing Modern Warfare 2 to realize that this product is complete garbage. The mouse is HUGE, which you might think would actually make your aiming more precise and accurate, but because it is so large you almost have to use your entire arm to move the thing and aim. The 2000 DPI Laser also adds 8x as many points precision to the mouse than the previous 300 DPI Optic that the Frag v2 has, causing the player to traverse what seemed like much more of the screen while aiming. These two things combined (large mouse, 2000 DPI) slows down your aiming to the point you can barely track moving targets. On top of that the movement of the on screen pointer is jumpy. Not sure why unless it has to do with maybe a slight signal delay due to the wireless nature of the product. The new firmware v3.4 might help some of these issues, but I just can't see if fixing all the problems that I experienced.

If you are looking to up your game with a split controller I suggest you go with the Frag Fx v2 wired controller. It helped me increase my kill ratio by about 50% and lasted about 2 years before the wire started to fray.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Firmware Support - Beware *Edit* - Firmware does NOT Correct Poor Performance, November 21, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This is the worst purchase I ever made online.

I researched the Splitfish Controllers for months, and decided since the release of the Dual Frag Pro was so close, I would wait until it came out (just so happens it's release was about the same time as Modern Warfare 2, which was great).

Finally received my Dual Frag Pro, took it up, hooked up to my PS3. Within 2 minutes of playing, I noticed the choppiness of the mouse movement. I mean, it was almost impossible to make the crosshairs stop on an enemy inside the game. So I thought, I just received a bad controller.

I decided to research this further and found out that EVERYONE that purchased this controller is having the same exact issues. I downloaded the Firmware Upgrade software from their website and followed the instruction 4 different times from start to finish, but was still unable to updated the firmware on my controller without receiving an Update Error. I submitted a Support Ticket on the SplitFish Support Forum but have yet to receive an answer to that ticket. I also posted some comments in their forum (that all users can read and respond to) only then, did I get a response from the Splitfish Staff. I was shocked to learn from their response that even though not stated on their website when I purchased the controller, the firmware update software only works with Windows XP or 32 bit Vista (I am running Vista 64 bit). They assured me (In a comment) that they were working on this issue, then quickly changed their website to read that the controller software does not work with 64 bit OS. The website now says that the firmware upgrade to fix all of these issues should be released by the "end of November"; however, it says nothing about a fix for 64 bit users.

I would not recommend anyone purchasing the product unless you can confirm that all of these issues are resolved. I now have a $90 controller that's been sitting here on my desk since 11/17 as a paperweight. I am probably going to be returning mine for a refund and wait until I know these issues are resolved to purchase another one (since SplitFish is not offering a discount or anything for all of our inconvenience).

Edit 12/11/09
I am returning this controller for a refund - I updated the firmware to the newest available version and played MW2 online for about 3 hours. Although performance was slightly improved (and I mean slightly) the movement is still VERY choppy. I tried various different sensitivity settings while playing, but on every setting when you try to make a very small movement (move the mouse 1/2" to 1" on the pad) there is no cursor (reticle) movement on the screen. Splitfish really made a TON of unhappy customers on this one; and quite frankly, have soiled their reputation. Their website actually claims that less than 1% of their customers are complaining about issues, which is a load of garbage. You can't find many complaints on their support forum because they delete them so other visitors can't read them. I was hoping that when the "magic" firmware upgrade came out that this controller would work as well as promised and that I could actually edit my review and make it a good one; but I am greatly disappointed with this product, and the Splitfish company. This will be a major disaster for them in the future with any new products that they may develop.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, November 19, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Pros: The idea. Nice paper weight. Nice if you want to be terrible at FPS if you are godly with the PS3 controller.

Cons: Moves in chunks and only way to make it smooth is if you start moving it and don't stop, if you just wanted to move to the right slightly its not possible.

So far as it stands this is by far the worse product I have ever bought the mouse fails at moving smoothly making it nearly impossible to fire down targets. If you try to move it in any direction it will skip in chunks(not minor chunks you will move like 2 inches in chunks) and not smoothly and if you move it too slow it wont move at all. A failed attempt of making a wireless mouse work for a PS3. Waiting for the new firmware update and if the firmware doesn't fix the issue I will be returning this faulty product.

Buy at your own risk.. firmware may or may not fix this issue.

EDIT (11/20/2009)

Even messing around with settings in game and with the sensitivity dial on the controller did not help the issue with the controller. Using the tweaking program provided by Splitfish did not help as well. Will provide a further update after a new firmware becomes available.

EDIT (1/20/2010)

Forgot to provide an update due to how much of a failure this product was and how much better I enjoyed the competitors mouse (FragNstein). If you are at all interested in a wireless mouse for a PS3 Bannco's FragNstein is the way to go with better support and constant firmware updates. Easy tweaking because they are releasing firmware for each "popular" game out in the market to name a few MW2, Killzone, and Uncharted 2. The firmware gets better each time and great forum so you can get your answers easily answered unlike Splitfish which has shutdown any sort of forums apparently to hide their controllers failure.

BUY THE FRAGNSTEIN.. even if it costs you a bit more to buy it at their official website you will NOT regret it. I would mention more about the FragNstein but this is the Frag FX Pro review.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA! Terrible tech support and very rude SplitFish is, November 30, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I used the v2 model and its been great to me. I just hated the cords! I got this model early from an Amazon email and was excited about wireless. Well, well, well. I set it up and all I was able to do was to get the mouse connected. The nun chuck connected only one time! I did the firmware update and all but the nun chuck would never update. The other parts did. I called SplitFish and man they were rude. The guy "Darren" on the phone seemed soo pissed talking to me. He really wanted to get me off the phone so bad and told me to try to update again and call back Monday or leave message and he will call me back. Of course he didnt. I'm sending it back for an exchange but I'm wondering if I should get my $ back! BTW, out of the box the mouse had something rattling in it too but it still worked. I even asked the Darren if that was normal and that pissed him off more! LOL!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Splitfish has not correct quality issues., November 21, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I got my Frag FX Pro yesterday, and was able to use it for a total of 3 hours before it stopped working. At first I thought I just needed to put in new batteries, which is ludicrous, but I did anyway. It worked for another hour and then stopped working altogether regardless of new batteries. Splitfish has a history of poor quality, I owned the Frag FX V2 before the pro and I had to return that as well. Now that there is an alternative mouse controller from Bannco, I will try that instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool idea, January 22, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The fragpro remote is a cool idea if you used to play 1st person shooters on the computer.
The one I got works fine, just from time to time the mouse doesn't always want to link up with the system. Also when it does link up I still refuses to operate.
Overall a great setup (when working)

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly disappointed, December 29, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Pre-ordered SFX Dual Frag pro and from the moment I received the unit, I've regretted it. I'll start with the obvious early release of a product designed to sell units on the coat tails of MW2 and that was no where close to being developmentally ready public use. The unit was simply unplayable out of the box or with the firmware update available at the time of it's release. For me personally, the initial update resulted in a completely non-functioning unit. Further, the update software for the first few updates was only compatible with an XP platform. Additional updates have corrected or improved some issues with the controller (jittery horizontal movement, vertical sensitivity, and micro movements) but it is yet to be what I would call usable.

The battery issues are accurate. If you turn off the unit after play, the batteries drain. Splitfish recommends leaving the unit on and allowing it to go to stand by but my experience has been that the unit still drains the batteries. By my best estimation, given an hour or two of play 3-4 times a week, one would need to change out the batteries at least once in that period. There's no other way to describe this defect other than completely unacceptable.

Build quality is on par with the lowest tier junk you can find. Given price of unit, you'll be disappointed. Think cheap third party ps3 controller and your expectations would still be to high.

Not that all of the above isn't enough to keep perspective buyers away, the biggest let down for me was the behavior of Splitfish's customer service and forum activities. Over promise and under deliver. They repeatedly would set a firmware update release date and not make it. The first few updates were literally an update for the update engine without as they had been using the previous wired versions software. If there were any functionality improvements in these updates, it was not apparent nor did it make the unit usable. Further, splitfish blatantly and repeatedly removed forum topics in there support forum that were any bit negative towards their product. This I can't forgive. Any company or otherwise that chooses to censor completely justified criticism of it's product so it can save it's worthless reputation is not a company I'll be giving my money to. Respect would have been earned by admitting it's issues, offering it's customers honest solutions, or completely recalling the product on their dime and either replacing with a functioning product when it was ready or offering a complete refund.

Final analysis? Buyer beware. Stay away.

1.0 out of 5 stars FragFX Pro frags your bank account and little else, January 21, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This is "crap-ware" of the highest order. I disregarded the negative reviews on this but I wished had listened. The first thing you have to do is upgrade the firmware. If you do not follow the instructions EXACTLY you have no chance of it working properly. And in my case the "FragChuck" which is what they call the left hand controller stopped communicating with the wireless dongle in less than an hour. Not a DOA but close enough. It was sent back the next day for refund. Stay away from this!

2.0 out of 5 stars Why only minor improvements at a time?, November 20, 2009
I previously owned a FragFX V1, and had mixed results. Basically, the quality control on that model was so bad that you really only had a 1 in 2 chance of getting a good one. Not to say that it was broken, but many of them suffered lag issues, upgrade issues and just plain bad build quality.

I skipped version 2 since it was not well received and decided to try this out before getting a FragnStein. This is going back for a return.

Pros:
No wires. Finally, thank you god, no more wires and needing to chain together usb extenders to sit on my couch. They finally fixed the middle mouse button. I hated the pressure sensitive thing that was there before so this new thing is much improved. Once you get it right, it is better than a controller, if only by a hair.

Cons:
Like the models before, you need to expect a large amount of your time to be wasted on adjustments and tweaking. It still isn't close to a pc mouse experience, but it is useful once you get it just right. It doesn't seem as smooth as my V1. Much like the complaints on the V2, this thing jumps around (even in "Frag" mode). Not sure what they call 2000 dpi, but this doesn't feel that great. Before anyone jumps on me here, I do know how to upgrade firmware on these things, and tweak sensitivity. I got my V1 working much better than I could manage on this thing.

Build quality is still trash. It feels cheaper than the free mouse you get with a Dell. Horribly light and it bends a bit and crackles as you squeeze. Buttons still feel cheep too. Could be they don't line up correctly over the pads below on the circuit, but I constantly find that I need to push and wiggle to get them to register correct (especially the thumb ones on the mouse).

Still expensive. Yes, all of the other options are up there in price, as are dedicated gaming mice, but this is a bit much. $40 gives you a well built PS3 controller with bluetooth connection, and twice that gives you this thing?

Mouse is still an ergo-nightmare. Why is it still small? It sizes at something between a mini laptop mouse and a standard desktop mouse. I don't exactly have big hands, but I am constantly bending my wrist down painfully and having to pinch the thing awkwardly with my thumb rather than holding in my palm as a mouse should be held. The Frag Chuck is still a bit awkward, but the lack of wires makes it better for six-axis stuff (if you want to go through the 3 week training class on getting that working right) but it is still tough getting all of your fingers on those top buttons while still being able to move your thumb around.

In conclusion: It does technically work (like before) but not as well as advertised (same as before). You will have to readjust constantly throughout every game. In Killzone 2 I had to pause and screw with the thing on the vehicle sequences to turn up the sensitivity and for some reason at the start of every level. Wireless functionality is really the only enhancement over previous versions aside from PC compatibility. But, honestly, ANY PC mouse will work better. My crappy roller ball mouse at work functions more accurately.

------------Edit December 1, 2009------------
After a few comments about the size of the mouse, I decided to take another look. Yes I mispoke up there, the size is larger than a mini laptop mouse, but having to keep my thumb halfway down the side is what is causing the issue. I should have put this next to another mouse to see it, but I went by feel. Having to put my thumb so low on the side shortens the mouse for me making it feel smaller.

Physically, it is about the same size as a normal desktop mouse. A little shorter, but more surface area due to a high curve. It just feels shorter since I have to hold it lower. People who can lay their palm comfortably on this mouse and still operate the side buttons must have an extra joint in their thumb or something.

On another note, I am done with this controller. I held out for support and an update that was supposed to fix some issues but no luck. I think I will just have to practice with a regular controller.

Dual SFX Frag Pro - Wireless for PS3 & PC V3.4
Dual SFX Frag Pro - Wireless for PS3 & PC V3.4 by SplitFish Gameware (PlayStation 3, PlayStation2, Windows Vista / XP)
Used & New from: $59.99