Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on March 16, 2012
Just installed this into my 1994 buick lesabre custom. It wasn't exactly what I wanted for a radio but I also didn't want to spend $100 for one. When first installed it took a bit getting used to (considering the original had a tuning knob and a tape player). I like the fact that I can charge my iphone and no longer have to carry a bulky car charger. Also auxiliary input for the iphone works extremely well, it sounds so much better than any mp3 radio fm transmitter works. Also for the people complaining about it, for 50 bucks your not going to get a high end stereo but for me comparing it to the original 1994 stereo with a tape player it worked fabulous.
66 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2012
After reading about how it wasn't dimmable, I thought , oh well no deal breaker. But after installing and reading the manual, I found it has a whole other set of menu options that INCLUDES A DIMMABLE DISPLAY SETTING for the display as well as a loud setting that really brings out the sound. All in all, an amazing deal on a detatchable face cd with all these features. Sounds great in our class c RV. Would definately buy again
33 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2012
Serves it's purpose. It's inexpensive & everything works great. Gave it 4 stars because it looks cheap. The digital display looks like that of a stock radio from the 80s. It's also very bright at night and it's not adjustable. I'm still happy with my purchase. It was very easy to install and considering it comes with a remote, USB outlet, & aux input it's really a great deal.
on May 22, 2012
This was a great buy. Got this for my 98 GMC Jimmy SLS. Yes I did have to buy an installation kit along with it but it was just $10 more. Works great and had just a few problems.
This only applies if you have an older vehicle. I had to go out and buy and antenna adapter and a another connection adapter. Yes it came with its own, but in order to use it, you have to remove the end of the vehicle cable and connect the wires. Problem is that the colors on the wires did not match. So using the separate adapter, I just had to connect the two adapters to make it work.
this is the only problem with installation, but only because I have an older vehicle.

The only problem is there is constant skip when playing a CD. (As if the CD was scratched) Does not happen on all songs, but still kind of annoying at times. Also, it takes a few seconds for the CD to load before it even starts.

Pros:
Cheap
Easy to use
USB charging
AUX Port

Cons:
Sometimes skips CD songs
Minor hassle to install (for me at least)
Could use some better instructions
on October 16, 2011
Radio and Aux sounds good. I don't think it has very good buffering, the CD player skips quite frequently and even on the low setting, the LEDs are too bright.
on August 27, 2013
I received the radio yesterday afternoon, while I was busy with another project. I still had time to look at it, and was able to see that I could mount it using the hardware from the original radio. It has a wiring harness and directions for hookup. I wrote down the connections I would make from the new harness, to the wires of the old. The antenna connection was made using the existing fitting. I used a radio shack automatic wire stripper to strip the wires from the old harness, one at a time as needed. (about $25 dollars, but I had it on hand). I used professional automotive style crimpers from Home Depot to put on barrel connectors to the new wires, and then hooked them up one at a time to the old wires. I highly recommend using the strippers and good crimpers to get a professional job. They will come in handy more than you think. I plugged in the harness and checked for normal operation after putting on the power wires and the front speakers. It was fine, so I finished all the speakers wires. You have to take your time on them and get them right. The radio is 7 inches by 2 inches, the same as the jeep radio was. I used the manual for the set up, and it plays loud and clear. I all ready have some favorite FM and AM stations entered in.
on November 27, 2012
Good cheap radio it worked great in my 1995 jeep wrangler with easy installation and has good sound to it.
on December 4, 2011
WOW! Very impressive. Great Sound Easy Install Great product! I would buy this again in a heart beat. Great Buy!
on May 28, 2014
I have put a dual in every one of my vehicles and this was the most i have ever spent on one. With that said the build quality on this one is cheaper and flimsier than the last one i spent $30 on. if you lost the face plate you could still use the radio which defeats the purpose of taking it off. But it does have good sound and all the buttons function properly.
on June 9, 2015
This is very cheaply made. The volume knob feels very loose. The face plate likes to come detached if you bump it. The USB is NOT to play your iPhone music, it ONLY charges it.. thankfully there is an AUX port. My other complaint is the brightness is crazy high. You can't even read the display. It's hard to change the brightness, and even after you do, it'll sometimes reset itself and you can't see the display again. I should've kept my stock unit in. It sounded better than this thing does. But I honestly don't listen to it much and the lights look pretty so it's whatever. If you really want an aftermarket stereo, I'd HIGHLY recommend going with Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer. I've used them in the past and never had issues with them and I miss them.